Setting up a server

Raja

Hi,
I helping my friend setup his office of about 10 users.
They use office apps, and want Exchange on the server.
As well as a backup of all there data.
So I was thinking Win 2003 Small Business
and Roaming profiles.

I put together this system but not sure if it is a good configuration?

CPU INTEL XEON 2.4Ghz
MB INTEL SE7501CW2 Mainboard
RAM Kingston 1GB (2X512MB) ECC DDR RAM
HDD 2X SCSI 73GB HDD U320 10KRPM
FDD 1.44MB Floppy Disk Driver
CDROM 52XCD-RW
VGA 8MB On board
Case Aopen Server 300W Full Tower Case
LAN on board Intel 10/100/1000 NIC
Keyboard MS Keyboard & Optical Mouse
Others Sony scsi AIT-2 tape driver kits
Others Adaptec ASR2120S RAID Card
Software Windows 2003 Small Busniess Standard (OEM)

I'm also getting a switch, separate smoothwall firewall pc and a
monitor, is there anything missing or is this configuration just not
good enough.

Any comment or suggestions would be great.
Thanks
Raja

Jon Allport

(E-Mail Removed) (Raja) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hi,
> I helping my friend setup his office of about 10 users.
> They use office apps, and want Exchange on the server.
> As well as a backup of all there data.
> So I was thinking Win 2003 Small Business
> and Roaming profiles.
>
> I put together this system but not sure if it is a good configuration?
>
> CPU INTEL XEON 2.4Ghz
> MB INTEL SE7501CW2 Mainboard
> RAM Kingston 1GB (2X512MB) ECC DDR RAM
> HDD 2X SCSI 73GB HDD U320 10KRPM
> FDD 1.44MB Floppy Disk Driver
> CDROM 52XCD-RW
> VGA 8MB On board
> Case Aopen Server 300W Full Tower Case
> LAN on board Intel 10/100/1000 NIC
> Keyboard MS Keyboard & Optical Mouse
> Others Sony scsi AIT-2 tape driver kits
> Others Adaptec ASR2120S RAID Card
> Software Windows 2003 Small Busniess Standard (OEM)
>
> I'm also getting a switch, separate smoothwall firewall pc and a
> monitor, is there anything missing or is this configuration just not
> good enough.
>
> Any comment or suggestions would be great.
> Thanks
> Raja

I would never recommend MS-SBS - you are constrained to 1 hardware
server and running exchange on the same h/ware as your file/print svr
will SERIOUSLY degrade performance. Go for two servers or if costs
are a premium try Novell SBS - bargain, and will hapiliy run
file/print, mail, database on same h/ware.