I shouldn't complain, but............

caseri9@gmail.com

.............I'm confused!

Hi, Big Problems trying to boot into WIN so I felt it was time to use
the Dell WIN XP HOME CD to Format C: and reload everything for a fresh
start.

When finished..I noticed that I did not have to load any of the umpteen
drivers that I normally had to load when re-loading WIN XP, such as the
Intel drivers, Graphics Drivers, USB drivers, etc.

How's come...since it was a fresh install on a newly formatted "C"
partition? On an older Dell, (a year older) I had to reload
EVEYTHING!!!!

ThanX, Mike

Trouble with this world is that it is filled with apathy. But who
cares, anyway!

Christopher Muto

what model machine? did you load windows from the cd or from the recovery
partition (without the use of the cd)?

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> ............I'm confused!
>
> Hi, Big Problems trying to boot into WIN so I felt it was time to use
> the Dell WIN XP HOME CD to Format C: and reload everything for a fresh
> start.
>
> When finished..I noticed that I did not have to load any of the umpteen
> drivers that I normally had to load when re-loading WIN XP, such as the
> Intel drivers, Graphics Drivers, USB drivers, etc.
>
> How's come...since it was a fresh install on a newly formatted "C"
> partition? On an older Dell, (a year older) I had to reload
> EVEYTHING!!!!
>
> ThanX, Mike
>
> Trouble with this world is that it is filled with apathy. But who
> cares, anyway!

Timothy Drouillard

It's not unheard of for a manufacturer to 'slipstream' the needed drivers
into the copy of Windows that ships with the system.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> ............I'm confused!
>
> Hi, Big Problems trying to boot into WIN so I felt it was time to use
> the Dell WIN XP HOME CD to Format C: and reload everything for a fresh
> start.
>
> When finished..I noticed that I did not have to load any of the umpteen
> drivers that I normally had to load when re-loading WIN XP, such as the
> Intel drivers, Graphics Drivers, USB drivers, etc.
>
> How's come...since it was a fresh install on a newly formatted "C"
> partition? On an older Dell, (a year older) I had to reload
> EVEYTHING!!!!
>
> ThanX, Mike
>
> Trouble with this world is that it is filled with apathy. But who
> cares, anyway!

Tom Scales

Dell often does. For example, the raid drivers for the Dimension 9100 are
included in the XP that ships with the box (if you order it).

Tom
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...