Shuttle with Radeon - no line-in

Martin Cleaver

I have been wrestling with my Shuttle N45G and a Radeon card.
I have at last managed to get TV working by pretending I am on
Norfolk Island (very exotic) instead of in the Netherlands...
But now I find I have no sound. I suspected at first a
PAL/video problem, but now find that even an external sound
source connected to the line-in gives no sound. Am I missing
something glaringly simple, or is there something wrong with
the Nvidia mianboard? :-(

Rgds

Martin

Jan Bruun Andersen

Martin Cleaver <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Xns947A77CD5949Dmartincleavernl@194.109.133. 20>...

> PAL/video problem, but now find that even an external sound
> source connected to the line-in gives no sound. Am I missing
> something glaringly simple, or is there something wrong with
> the Nvidia mianboard? :-(

You have a line-in? Where?

More info here: http://forums.sudhian.com/messagevie...threadid=47835

Martin Cleaver

(E-Mail Removed) (Jan Bruun Andersen) wrote:

> > You have a line-in? Where?

The SAN45G has a line ni on ethe back *blue) but it doesn't
work. Doesn't Shuttle have a sggestion.fix?

> More info here:
> http://forums.sudhian.com/messagevie...d=43&threadid=
> 47835

That's all very well, but I assume that the computer shoult work
as advertised and shouldn't need a hack... :-(

Rgds

Matyin

Jan Bruun Andersen

Martin Cleaver <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Xns947C76CCC4A95martincleavernl@194.109.133. 20>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Jan Bruun Andersen) wrote:
>
> > > You have a line-in? Where?

> The SAN45G has a line ni on ethe back *blue) but it doesn't
> work. Doesn't Shuttle have a sggestion.fix?
>
> > More info here:
> > http://forums.sudhian.com/messagevie...d=43&threadid=
> > 47835

> That's all very well, but I assume that the computer shoult work
> as advertised and shouldn't need a hack... :-(

Huh? Could you please tell where (a link would be fine), where Shuttle
advertise a line-in on the back of the SN45G2?

When I view the detailed specification, I only see an "out" port:

Back panel:
1 x PCI slot
1 x AGP slot
1 x PS/2 Keyboard
1 x PS/2 Mouse
2 x USB2.0 ports
1 x Serial Port
1 x RJ45 port
2 x IEEE1394a Ports
1x Rear out, 1x Front out, 1x Center/Bass Audio connector
1 SPDIF In / Out

Martin Cleaver

(E-Mail Removed) (Jan Bruun Andersen) wrote:

> Huh? Could you please tell where (a link would be fine),
> where Shuttle advertise a line-in on the back of the
> SN45G2?

There's a blue socket on the back with the "line-in" ikon beside
it... if that isn't a line-in, what is? (The set up even offers
to change it to rear speakers... so it must be a line-in...?)

Rgds

Martin

Jan Bruun Andersen

Martin Cleaver <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Xns947D71A90F14Fmartincleavernl@194.109.133. 20>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Jan Bruun Andersen) wrote:
>
> > Huh? Could you please tell where (a link would be fine),
> > where Shuttle advertise a line-in on the back of the
> > SN45G2?

> There's a blue socket on the back with the "line-in" ikon beside
> it... if that isn't a line-in, what is? (The set up even offers
> to change it to rear speakers... so it must be a line-in...?)
>
> Rgds
>
> Martin

Martin, as far as I can tell, the socket on the back is purely an
OUT-put port. And nowhere have I seen it advertised by Shuttle as
doubling as a IN-put port.

On the other hand, the FRONT-socket is advertised as a dual-purpose
IN/OUT-port.

# Backpanel-Anschlüsse:
1 x PS/2-Maus
1 x PS/2-Tastatur
1 x Seriell
2 x USB 2.0 (4 weitere onboard)
2 x Firewire (IEEE1394, ein weiterer Anschluß onboard)
1 x Netzwerk RJ45
Audio: 3 Anschlüsse für 6-Kanal Ausgabe (Bass/Center, Front, Rear)

Optische SPDIF Ein- und Ausgänge werden bei SN45G an der
Gehäuse-Rückseite herausgeführt
# Onboard-Anschlüsse:
1 x Diskette (bis zu 2,88 MB)
4 x USB 2.0 (zwei weitere am Backpanel)
1 x SPDIF Eingang)
1 x SPDIF Ausgang
1 x Infrarot
1 x Firewire (IEEE1394, zwei weiterere am Backpanel)
3 x Audio Frontpanel-Anschlüsse (Mikrofon und Line-in/out)
...............................................^^^ ^^^^^^^^
1 x CDROM Audio-Eingang
3 x Lüfter (CPU, AGP, Gehäuse)

So you either have to run your line-in around to the front of the
SN45G2, or you have to rewire the internals.

I know this is not the answer you were looking for, but as far as I
can tell it is the truth.

Jan Bruun Andersen

Martin Cleaver <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Xns947D71A90F14Fmartincleavernl@194.109.133. 20>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Jan Bruun Andersen) wrote:
>
> > Huh? Could you please tell where (a link would be fine),
> > where Shuttle advertise a line-in on the back of the
> > SN45G2?

> There's a blue socket on the back with the "line-in" ikon beside
> it... if that isn't a line-in, what is? (The set up even offers
> to change it to rear speakers... so it must be a line-in...?)
>
> Rgds
>
> Martin

More info + drawings on this line-in problem.

Jan Bruun Andersen

Martin Cleaver <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<Xns947D71A90F14Fmartincleavernl@194.109.133. 20>...
> (E-Mail Removed) (Jan Bruun Andersen) wrote:
>
> > Huh? Could you please tell where (a link would be fine),
> > where Shuttle advertise a line-in on the back of the
> > SN45G2?

> There's a blue socket on the back with the "line-in" ikon beside
> it... if that isn't a line-in, what is? (The set up even offers
> to change it to rear speakers... so it must be a line-in...?)
>
> Rgds
>
> Martin

More info + drawings on this line-in problem.

Edit: Forgot to add the link:

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38526