Siemens Mc75 hangs on pin code, ideas?

mupptupp@hotmail.com

Hi there!
I have a problem with my siemens Mc75 modem. The thing is that
everyting is working on the development board. When i try the same code
with the nessesary changes tha modem appears to hang when i enter pin
code. Every AT command exept AT+CPIN=8822 works and replies correct
data. But CPIN anwers nothing. We have seen on orchiloscope that there
is a clock signal to the sim, but it stopes after approx 2 sek of
communication with the sim, there is also some communication going on
when requesting SIM code. But the modem doesn aswer anything to the
uart. I think that you must have AT+Cpin in you code to get connection
to the internet, becouse else AT+CREG never comes.

Have anyone experiensed the same problem or have any idea. Everything
would be helpful.

/Regards
Martin Senior Deverloper
Lansen AB

Sawik

(E-Mail Removed):
> Hi there!
> I have a problem with my siemens Mc75 modem. The thing is that
> everyting is working on the development board. When i try the same code
> with the nessesary changes tha modem appears to hang when i enter pin
> code. Every AT command exept AT+CPIN=8822 works and replies correct
> data. But CPIN anwers nothing. We have seen on orchiloscope that there
> is a clock signal to the sim, but it stopes after approx 2 sek of
> communication with the sim, there is also some communication going on
> when requesting SIM code. But the modem doesn aswer anything to the
> uart. I think that you must have AT+Cpin in you code to get connection
> to the internet, becouse else AT+CREG never comes.
>

> Have anyone experiensed the same problem or have any idea. Everything
> would be helpful.
>
> /Regards
> Martin Senior Deverloper
> Lansen AB

Do you have VSENSE and ISENS tied together? They also should be
connected to VBATT (possibly VBATT->VSENS->res->ISENS). Most likely
that's the problem (it bit me in the same fashion as you have
described). Some earlier version of MC75 HW guide stated that those pins
should be left open if unused, but that's not true.

Maciek.

mupptupp@hotmail.com

This could be the thing. I will try it right away

mupptupp@hotmail.com

IT works thx alot..

Junior Member

Hi
When i connect to MC75 modem using hyperterminal it works fine, but when i use my .net application and send AT commands, it does not give response of commands. Prior to this i was using MC35 and that was working fine with the same code. Can any body help me in this regard.
Thanks

Last edited by waqas; 08-17-2007 at 07:58 AM..

P5WD2/ 4 Pin voltage vs 20 Pin volatage Jeff Asus 3 11-12-2005 08:18 AM
A8N-SLI 20 pin and what? EZ, or 12 pin ATX? LD Asus 2 08-04-2005 01:53 AM
24 pin ATX power vs 20 pin Jim Asus 6 03-21-2005 12:29 PM
[OT] Pin Schematics 40/80 pin cables Jody Asus 2 12-17-2003 09:56 PM
ieee-194 header adapter (8 pin to 9 pin) Vadik Asus 2 10-24-2003 08:33 AM