SilentTek 2 not available on any mobo? And what is the "best" mobo?

Verbruggen

I'm looking for a new mobo for some time now. I've compared some boards and
found the AX4C Max II quiet nice. But as I was looking again today I
compared the Max II against the AX4C Max. I thought the Max II had SilentTek
2, but I found out that there isn't a board that supports it??!

And what astonished me too is that the differences between the Max and the
Max II are quite minimal! I thought the Max II had more stuff (to make it
Silent) than the Max.

Does anyone know why SilentTek 2 is not available?, and if you have some
comment / tips on what board to buy (ax4c max / max II or an other
(comparable) mobo) is most appreciated

Thanks!

J. Verbruggen

Herb

I am using Silent Tek Ver 3.12.30 from the AOpen web site
on the AX4B Pro 533 and similar MB's

Recently built a couple of systems using the AX4PER
and the AX4P Plus

Verbruggen wrote:

> I'm looking for a new mobo for some time now. I've compared some boards and
> found the AX4C Max II quiet nice. But as I was looking again today I
> compared the Max II against the AX4C Max. I thought the Max II had SilentTek
> 2, but I found out that there isn't a board that supports it??!
>
> And what astonished me too is that the differences between the Max and the
> Max II are quite minimal! I thought the Max II had more stuff (to make it
> Silent) than the Max.
>
> Does anyone know why SilentTek 2 is not available?, and if you have some
> comment / tips on what board to buy (ax4c max / max II or an other
> (comparable) mobo) is most appreciated
>
> Thanks!
>
> J. Verbruggen

Verbruggen

"Herb" <"atab(FOTFS)"@accesswave.ca> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am using Silent Tek Ver 3.12.30 from the AOpen web site
> on the AX4B Pro 533 and similar MB's
>
> Recently built a couple of systems using the AX4PER
> and the AX4P Plus

Thanks for the reply