Simple terracing in 1 ft steps, what material?

wheel

I have to deal with a hillside that has a 2:3 slope (if I'm saying that
right, slope goes down a two feet for every three out). The main goal
here is to forestall erosion, secondary to help plantings take root.
Hillside is about 70' wide, and it drops 10'. It has a mild contour to
it, so straight terracing wouldn't be ideal. Anyone have ideas re a good
material for the 'retaining walls'. I'm not really aiming at a full
strength retaining wall system which would probably cost a fortune to
install. More hoping that some easy going terracing will do enough.
Like, steel pegs knocked in two feet deep, with 1 foot up, and some
barrier material as the wall...what that would be I don't know, but have
wondered if there is some recycled plastic 3/4" x 1' king sized
benderboard material out there. Or are there 'systems' for this type of
situation? I'm not eager to use the cement blocks that are common, too
much weight to haul, it'd be a lot of block. There is no snow or
freezing where I live.

wheel

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I have to deal with a hillside that has a 2:3 slope (if I'm saying that
> right, slope goes down a two feet for every three out). The main goal
> here is to forestall erosion, secondary to help plantings take root.
> Hillside is about 70' wide, and it drops 10'. It has a mild contour to
> it, so straight terracing wouldn't be ideal. Anyone have ideas re a good
> material for the 'retaining walls'. I'm not really aiming at a full
> strength retaining wall system which would probably cost a fortune to
> install. More hoping that some easy going terracing will do enough.
> Like, steel pegs knocked in two feet deep, with 1 foot up, and some
> barrier material as the wall...what that would be I don't know, but have
> wondered if there is some recycled plastic 3/4" x 1' king sized
> benderboard material out there. Or are there 'systems' for this type of
> situation? I'm not eager to use the cement blocks that are common, too
> much weight to haul, it'd be a lot of block. There is no snow or
> freezing where I live.

Hmmm, anyone besides me think that I posted this in the wrong newsgroup?