single serial ata drive on 7njs zenith

Hans Zuidinga

hi,

according to the manual tried to install a single serial ata maxtor hdd.
in no way it is visible.

i tried to install winxp pro but no way. can someone please help me?

thanks in advance and kind regards.

Hans

David Wilts

Hans Zuidinga wrote:
> hi,
>
> according to the manual tried to install a single serial ata maxtor hdd.
> in no way it is visible.
>
> i tried to install winxp pro but no way. can someone please help me?
>
> thanks in advance and kind regards.
>
> Hans

The nforce2 mobo does not nativly support SATA - I think the controller
on that one is Promise so you need to install the third party driver (a
floppy should have come with your mobo with a promise raid driver on
it?? if not you will have to make one off the driver CD)

When you go to install XP it will ask you to hit f6 to install third
party drivers - hit it and it will continue to load all of it's drivers
then you will get a prompt screen to hit S to specify additional drivers
- this is when you put in the floppy and specify the promise raid
controller - this will make it visable to the XP install.