Skybuck's wishlist for a future motherboard :) !

Skybuck Flying

Here is my wishlist for a future motherboard :

1. Supports two dual slot graphics cards with enough air flow between them
or on top of them.
2. Has no audio chip.
3. Has no graphics chip.
4. Has no network chips (However I could live with 2 network chips on it )
5. Has no firewall chips.
6. Has no anti virus chips.
7. Has no raid controller chips.
8. Has no other bullshit chips
9. Has a free pci slot for a soundblaster
10. Has a free pci-e slot for a soundblaster (in case new soundblaster come
to market).
11. Has two free pci slots. ( for a network card in each )
Has two free pci-e slots. ( for a network card in each )
12. Can support up to as much memory as possible without problems/bugs.
13. Has ide support. ( 4 drives at least )
14. Has sata support. (4 to 8 drives)
15. Has floppy drive support.
16. Has usb support.
17. Has ps/2 support.
18. Has parallel port support.
19. Has serial port support.
20. Has firewire support .
21. Has blue tooth support (must be able to enable/disable)
22. Has wifi support (must be able to enable/disable)
23. Support fast system bus ofcourse (lot's of bandwidth).
24. Has a rom bios which is unable to get flashed by viruses.
25. Has passive cooling (no noisy fans, except maybe one for minimal air
flow)
26. Has temperature meters to report temperature in operating system or bios
(or even a special nice looking panel for the case).
27. Has a warning message if not enough voltages/ampere/wattage is available
from the power supply.
28. Has an auto shutdown feature when motherboard chips get to hot or could
get damaged.
29. Has high quality components (ofcourse !)
30. Is well tested and all features work for 99.9999999999% to 100%.
31. Warns if motherboard is incorrectly placed which could cause the passive
cooling to malfunction or chips to overheat, etc.

Bonuses:
1. Should always be able to boot no matter what processor is used.
(For example use a generic processor driver or standard, or use a little
boot processor to be able to flash the bios so that new processors can be
supported/will work However I consider flashing to be very dangerous so
other solutions which are less dangerous are welcome )

2. A special coating which fills up all chips and heat sinks etc which still
allows heat dissipation. The idea is to make a block of the whole
motherboard so it become easily cleanable. One simple takes a towel and
simply whipes off any dust.

So looking at this list what are the most important features:

1. Maximum connectivity but without putting a burden on the cpu if possible.
2. No bullshit chips which might be buggy and cause malfunctions.
3. No low quality noisy, buggy, or failing audio chips ?!
4. No noisy or failing, dusty sucking, oil needing fans.
5. Low maintenance, easy cleaning of dust <- longer life time, better
operation, no weird sounding fans.
6. Lot's of bandwidth
7. Simply high quality and does what it says it does, no bugs, quirks,
failing components etc
Well tested.
8. Good airflow for graphics cards. (Unless they are passively cooled as
well =D)

The price can be as much as 500 bucks but then I want a really good
motherboard !!!!!!!!!!!

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Benjamin Gawert

Skybuck Flying schrieb:

[snipped long list of more or less useless things]

And what exactly has this to do with Nvidia gfx cards? Or ATI gfx cards?

Please stop crossposting this crap in every unrelated newsgroup you can
find. Thanks.

Benjamin

Skybuck Flying

"Benjamin Gawert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Skybuck Flying schrieb:
>
> [snipped long list of more or less useless things]
>
> And what exactly has this to do with Nvidia gfx cards? Or ATI gfx cards?

Nvidia and ATI make chips/chipsets for motherboards to.

Ever heard of NForce or Crossfire ?

Wake up and have a nice day

Bye,
Skybuck.

Augustus

"Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dn27m9$shp$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
> Here is my wishlist for a future motherboard :

Your wishlist should have common sense, basic IT knowledge, maturity beyond
the typical pre-teen level, and 50 extra IQ points in it's number one, two,
three and four positions.

Shawk

"Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:dn2c6e$u7d$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...

> "Benjamin Gawert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Skybuck Flying schrieb:
>>
>> [snipped long list of more or less useless things]
>>
>> And what exactly has this to do with Nvidia gfx cards? Or ATI gfx cards?

> Nvidia and ATI make chips/chipsets for motherboards to.
>
> Ever heard of NForce or Crossfire ?
>
> Wake up and have a nice day
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

Folk tend not to discuss those in alt.comp.periphs.VIDEOCARD groups though.

To others - apols for one-off x-post - no idea where this plonker is posting
from.

Skybuck Flying

"Augustus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:dn27m9$shp$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl...
> > Here is my wishlist for a future motherboard :

> Your wishlist should have common sense, basic IT knowledge, maturity

beyond

Which I am sure you possess, NOT !

> the typical pre-teen level, and 50 extra IQ points in it's number one,

two,
> three and four positions.

Oh boy, you sure are picky, we have a sort order nitty pick and he
actually think the sort order is worth 50 extra IQ points oh my god !

LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Andrew

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 23:33:51 +0100, "Skybuck Flying"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Bye,
> Skybuck.

Indeed, *plonk*.

Benjamin Gawert

Skybuck Flying schrieb:

>>[snipped long list of more or less useless things]
>>
>>And what exactly has this to do with Nvidia gfx cards? Or ATI gfx cards?

> Nvidia and ATI make chips/chipsets for motherboards to.
>
> Ever heard of NForce or Crossfire ?

Ever realized why the word VIDEOCARD is in the name of these newsgroups?

> Wake up and have a nice day

Get a brain.

Benjamin

Skybuck Flying

"Benjamin Gawert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Skybuck Flying schrieb:
>
> >>[snipped long list of more or less useless things]
> >>
> >>And what exactly has this to do with Nvidia gfx cards? Or ATI gfx cards?

> > Nvidia and ATI make chips/chipsets for motherboards to.
> >
> > Ever heard of NForce or Crossfire ?

> Ever realized why the word VIDEOCARD is in the name of these newsgroups?

How the world has changed eh ?

Still videocards and motherboard/chipsets have to co-operate so it's still
relevent to this newsgroup as well :P =D

> > Wake up and have a nice day

> Get a brain.

Get a clue

Bye,
Skybuck.

Benjamin Gawert

Skybuck Flying schrieb:

>>Ever realized why the word VIDEOCARD is in the name of these newsgroups?

> How the world has changed eh ?
>
> Still videocards and motherboard/chipsets have to co-operate so it's still
> relevent to this newsgroup as well :P =D

Yeah, right. Then let us include CPUs and memory also as they also have
to co-operate with gfx card. And if we're at it we can include power
supplies, cpu coolers, disk drives, dvd burners and every other crap you
can find in a computer since they all have to co-operate...

What a dull logic...

>>>Wake up and have a nice day

>>Get a brain.

> Get a clue

You talking about clue is as hearing a blind man talking about colors...

Benjamin