Small ARM board running capable of running Linux

Don Gravos

I am looking for small embedded ARM board with ethernet+USB+multiple
RS232+general purpose parallel I/O lines+multiple channel ADC+realtime clock
and capable of running Linux. (Am I sking too much?)
Do you know ARM board with these specs?

Richard

"Don Gravos" <aaaa> wrote in message
news:4326f0ab$0$22099$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> I am looking for small embedded ARM board with ethernet+USB+multiple
> RS232+general purpose parallel I/O lines+multiple channel ADC+realtime

clock
> and capable of running Linux. (Am I sking too much?)
> Do you know ARM board with these specs?

The new AT91SAM7X comes close, but no Linux. Other OS's however. See
www.freertos.org/portsam7xiar.html

Regards,
Richard.

http://www.FreeRTOS.org

Richard

> The new AT91SAM7X comes close, but no Linux. Other OS's however. See
> www.freertos.org/portsam7xiar.html

Sorry, wrong link. This link shows the Ethernet and the USB on the SAM7X:
http://www.freertos.org/portsam7xlwIP.html

Regards,
Richard.

http://www.FreeRTOS.org

Tim Auton

"Don Gravos" <aaaa> wrote:

>I am looking for small embedded ARM board with ethernet+USB+multiple
>RS232+general purpose parallel I/O lines+multiple channel ADC+realtime clock
>and capable of running Linux. (Am I sking too much?)
>Do you know ARM board with these specs?

A Gumstix, plus an EtherStix and a Robostix or Audiostix expansion
boards would give you everything but the realtime clock. The serial
ports are TTL level though, not RS232. The Robostix board has on
on-board AVR which provides multiple GPIO and ADC, the Audiostix
provides fewer A/D and GPIO but saves you having to write for two
platforms (and you get audio - hence the name).

It is small (very small) and runs Linux out of the box.

http://www.gumstix.com/

Tim
--
You are being watched. This gives you power.

Captain Dondo

Don Gravos wrote:
> I am looking for small embedded ARM board with ethernet+USB+multiple
> RS232+general purpose parallel I/O lines+multiple channel ADC+realtime clock
> and capable of running Linux. (Am I sking too much?)
> Do you know ARM board with these specs?

embededarm.com - pretty much everything you need. You will need a
daughterboard or two.

Chris Hills

In article <4326f0ab$0$22099$(E-Mail Removed)> , Don Gravos
<aaaa@?.?> writes
>I am looking for small embedded ARM board with ethernet+USB+multiple
>RS232+general purpose parallel I/O lines+multiple channel ADC+realtime clock
>and capable of running Linux. (Am I sking too much?)
>Do you know ARM board with these specs?

Why running Linux? Takes up a lot of room and adds a layer of
complexity.

Just program the board most embedded systems don't have an RTOS anyway.

/\/\/ (E-Mail Removed) www.phaedsys.org \/\/\

Dave {Reply Address in.sig}

In message <4326f0ab$0$22099$(E-Mail Removed)> , "Don Gravos"
<aaaa> wrote:

> I am looking for small embedded ARM board with ethernet+USB+multiple
> RS232+general purpose parallel I/O lines+multiple channel ADC+realtime
> clock and capable of running Linux. (Am I sking too much?)
> Do you know ARM board with these specs?

How about the VCMA9? http://www.mpl.ch/t2730.html

I've used them, although with Nucleus rather than Linux, and they seem quite
good.
--
Dave
mail da (E-Mail Removed) (without the space)

D. Jay Newman

Tim Auton wrote:

> A Gumstix, plus an EtherStix and a Robostix or Audiostix expansion
> boards would give you everything but the realtime clock. The serial
> ports are TTL level though, not RS232. The Robostix board has on
> on-board AVR which provides multiple GPIO and ADC, the Audiostix
> provides fewer A/D and GPIO but saves you having to write for two
> platforms (and you get audio - hence the name).

I like the Gumstix, but they only have USB client.

I just ordered a Linkxys NSLU2. While this would still need
something else for ADC and GPIO, it has Ethernet and 2 USB
ports. It also has 1.5 serial ports (one of them is read
only.

And yes, Linux runs on it.

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/
--
http://enerd.ws/robots/
D. Jay Newman

Alex Gibson

"Captain Dondo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Don Gravos wrote:
>> I am looking for small embedded ARM board with ethernet+USB+multiple
>> RS232+general purpose parallel I/O lines+multiple channel ADC+realtime
>> clock and capable of running Linux. (Am I sking too much?)
>> Do you know ARM board with these specs?

> embededarm.com - pretty much everything you need. You will need a
> daughterboard or two.

http://embeddedarm.com correct link

Any idea what the IO levels are ?

Found it in the manual
http://embeddedarm.com/Manuals/TS-72....htm#DIOHeader
3.3V source 4mA sink 8mA
not 5v tolerant.

Alex

Alex Gibson

"Don Gravos" <aaaa> wrote in message
news:4326f0ab$0$22099$(E-Mail Removed) u...
>I am looking for small embedded ARM board with ethernet+USB+multiple
>RS232+general purpose parallel I/O lines+multiple channel ADC+realtime
>clock and capable of running Linux. (Am I sking too much?)
> Do you know ARM board with these specs?

You mean uclinux or linux ?
How much do you want to spend ?

Usb host or just usb for programming / or usb to serial ?

www.gumstix.com as others have said.

Otherwise uclinux especially with arm7

Maybe one of the many lpc2xxx based boards

www.olimex.com/dev makes a few but not with all the features you want
buy from sparkfun.com as can order online without faxing credit card details

http://www.olimex.com/dev/lpc-e2294.html

http://www.olimex.com/dev/cs-e9301.html this one may meet your
requirements
when its available

http://www.thearmpatch.com/lpc-sbc2.html

Blackfin stamp US$169
500MHz BF533, 128MB sdram , 4MB flash , 10/100 ethernet
but no usb
http://www.analog.com/en/epHSProd/0,...-STAMP,00.html
buy from digikey
http://docs.blackfin.uclinux.org/doku.php?id=buy_stuff

http://www.blackfin.uclinux.org/
http://blackfin.org/

http://www.revely.com/RMS100/AboutRMS100.htm
no ethernet (could use an edtp.com packet whacker)
download gcc port and app notes etc from sharp
need a free login for the gcc port
http://www.sharpsma.com/part.php?PartID=167

Alex