rich

I have had an sn25p running great for about two months, then suddenly
it won't boot. I get no power - no fans, no lights, no beeps, no video,
nothing. I tried another video card but that didn't help, and of course
I've tried resetting the cmos but that didn't help either.

I guess the psu went bad. Is there some way to test the psu, or try
a generic psu externally? The motherboard doesn't have the regular
ATX psu connector so I don't know how to check it. Anyone have ideas?

My system consists of the following:
- Shuttle sn25p
- 2 GB RAM
- Leadtek Geforce 6600GT
- Hitachi 160MB HDD
- Lite-on DVD burner
- AMD64 3200+ (venice)

I think the PSU (350W) should handle this fine. I'm not overclocking
and was actually throttling the CPU down to 1GHz when it wasn't busy.

Any ideas as to how to test the system or what the problem may be
are appreciated! Thanks!

rich

Clark

Is it not booting or not powering up?

Clark

rich wrote:
> I have had an sn25p running great for about two months, then suddenly
> it won't boot. I get no power - no fans, no lights, no beeps, no video,
> nothing. I tried another video card but that didn't help, and of course
> I've tried resetting the cmos but that didn't help either.
>
> I guess the psu went bad. Is there some way to test the psu, or try
> a generic psu externally? The motherboard doesn't have the regular
> ATX psu connector so I don't know how to check it. Anyone have ideas?
>
> My system consists of the following:
> - Shuttle sn25p
> - 2 GB RAM
> - Leadtek Geforce 6600GT
> - Hitachi 160MB HDD
> - Lite-on DVD burner
> - AMD64 3200+ (venice)
>
> I think the PSU (350W) should handle this fine. I'm not overclocking
> and was actually throttling the CPU down to 1GHz when it wasn't busy.
>
> Any ideas as to how to test the system or what the problem may be
> are appreciated! Thanks!
>

> rich

rich

It doesn't power up at all.

rich

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 23:38:15 +0000, Clark wrote:
> Is it not booting or not powering up?
>
> Clark
>
> rich wrote:
>> I have had an sn25p running great for about two months, then suddenly it
>> won't boot. I get no power - no fans, no lights, no beeps, no video,
>> nothing. I tried another video card but that didn't help, and of course
>> I've tried resetting the cmos but that didn't help either.
>>
>> I guess the psu went bad. Is there some way to test the psu, or try a
>> generic psu externally? The motherboard doesn't have the regular ATX
>> psu connector so I don't know how to check it. Anyone have ideas?
>>
>> My system consists of the following:
>> - Shuttle sn25p
>> - 2 GB RAM
>> - Leadtek Geforce 6600GT
>> - Hitachi 160MB HDD
>> - Lite-on DVD burner
>> - AMD64 3200+ (venice)
>>
>> I think the PSU (350W) should handle this fine. I'm not overclocking
>> and was actually throttling the CPU down to 1GHz when it wasn't busy.
>>
>> Any ideas as to how to test the system or what the problem may be are
>> appreciated! Thanks!
>>

>> rich

Clark

If you were on one of the Shuttle forums, you already saw this, but I
just sent back a ST61G4 which would not power up. It you plugged in the
cord, and hit the power button, the fans and lights would come on for
about 1/2 second then nothing unless you replugged the cord. This one
went for about 5 weeks before it would not start up one morning.

I tried 3 cpus (which work), 2 sets of memory, and 3 power supplies, all
with no effect. I have not gotten the box back or heard from them, but
you might want to start doing the RMA process. If you find out where
the problems lies (on the motherboard), would you let me know in case I
can't find out.

Call Mario at Tech support, he seems to handle these.

Clark

rich wrote:
> It doesn't power up at all.
>
> rich
>

> On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 23:38:15 +0000, Clark wrote:
>> Is it not booting or not powering up?
>>
>> Clark
>>
>> rich wrote:
>>> I have had an sn25p running great for about two months, then suddenly it
>>> won't boot. I get no power - no fans, no lights, no beeps, no video,
>>> nothing. I tried another video card but that didn't help, and of course
>>> I've tried resetting the cmos but that didn't help either.
>>>
>>> I guess the psu went bad. Is there some way to test the psu, or try a
>>> generic psu externally? The motherboard doesn't have the regular ATX
>>> psu connector so I don't know how to check it. Anyone have ideas?
>>>
>>> My system consists of the following:
>>> - Shuttle sn25p
>>> - 2 GB RAM
>>> - Leadtek Geforce 6600GT
>>> - Hitachi 160MB HDD
>>> - Lite-on DVD burner
>>> - AMD64 3200+ (venice)
>>>
>>> I think the PSU (350W) should handle this fine. I'm not overclocking
>>> and was actually throttling the CPU down to 1GHz when it wasn't busy.
>>>
>>> Any ideas as to how to test the system or what the problem may be are
>>> appreciated! Thanks!
>>>

>>> rich

Clark

Got my box back and it was the motherboard. I don't know what part, but the
symptoms lead to the motherboard.

Clark

rich

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 02:10:30 +0000, Clark wrote:

> Got my box back and it was the motherboard. I don't know what part, but
> the symptoms lead to the motherboard.

I finally got an RMA number. The tech support guy said I could
exchange the PSU so I'm going to send it back instead of the
whole box. I hope that's the problem. I don't want to send
the whole box back but I guess we'll see when I get the new PSU.
I suppose it'll be a couple weeks. :-( I'll post an update.

rich

rich

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 01:10:53 -0400, rich wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 02:10:30 +0000, Clark wrote:
>
>> Got my box back and it was the motherboard. I don't know what part, but
>> the symptoms lead to the motherboard.

> I finally got an RMA number. The tech support guy said I could exchange
> the PSU so I'm going to send it back instead of the whole box. I hope
> that's the problem. I don't want to send the whole box back but I guess
> we'll see when I get the new PSU. I suppose it'll be a couple weeks. :-(
> I'll post an update.

Ok, I got my new PSU. Everything seems to be working now. Yipeee!
I need to go through and re-update my bios since I cleared it in
an attempt to get the machine working but so far I don't see any
problems after replacing the PSU.

Dealing with support was kind of a mixed bag. I submitted the RMA
form on the web and never heard back. Apparently they had a problem
with my email address and didn't bother to call me or anything. Also
one guy I talked to to get an update on my RMA said he would check and
call me back...of course he disappeared off the face of the earth.
Another person I got was very helpful and got my info right on the spot.

Anyway, I'm happy it is working again.

rich

Re: SN25P : Which VGA card? Bit Gravy Shuttle 0 09-18-2005 11:20 AM
Re: SN25P : Which VGA card? Bit Gravy Shuttle 0 09-18-2005 11:14 AM
SN25P : Which VGA card? Dan Shuttle 0 09-17-2005 06:55 PM
Anyone using SN25P? Tony Clark Shuttle 1 08-16-2005 10:31 PM
Shuttle SN25P Me Shuttle 3 05-12-2005 02:39 PM