So....!? What's the value/speed deal right now?

Bruin

My first big upgrade was a 200mgz to a Celeron 300A that I clocked to 450.
That was a DEAL & I loved the performance. I was happy for a while.
Then it was a flip-chip P3 600 clocked at 800. I was happy.
Then P4s came out, over-priced, neutered, & I jumped ship to AMD & got an
1800+ but ran it at it's rated speed. But still saved a ton over a P4. I
was happy.
Then, & finally I am running a 2500+ (1833) at 3200+ (2200) & I am getting
the itch.

I am feeling an onset of Upgrade Fever.

What is the speed vs value deal going right now? To be honest, I kept
myself away from the hardware pages/groups to keep from catching the Fever &
I am way behind the times. All I know is that I should maybe be lookin at
Socket 939. Any good, inexpensive CPUs that I can crank up to expensive
speeds? =)

Peter van der Goes

"Bruin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> My first big upgrade was a 200mgz to a Celeron 300A that I clocked to 450.
> That was a DEAL & I loved the performance. I was happy for a while.
> Then it was a flip-chip P3 600 clocked at 800. I was happy.
> Then P4s came out, over-priced, neutered, & I jumped ship to AMD & got an
> 1800+ but ran it at it's rated speed. But still saved a ton over a P4. I
> was happy.
> Then, & finally I am running a 2500+ (1833) at 3200+ (2200) & I am getting
> the itch.
>
> I am feeling an onset of Upgrade Fever.
>
> What is the speed vs value deal going right now? To be honest, I kept
> myself away from the hardware pages/groups to keep from catching the Fever
> & I am way behind the times. All I know is that I should maybe be lookin
> at Socket 939. Any good, inexpensive CPUs that I can crank up to
> expensive speeds? =)

Probably better to ask in alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64, as this group is
mostly dormant, but I'll entice you a bit

Asus A8V Deluxe here running an A64 3200+ (default speed 2.0 GHz) at 2.5 GHz
with no issues, all adjustments made in BIOS to up the FSB while locking
PCI/AGP.
100% stable. 2.5 GHz is about 3800+ speed. You can do the math on respective
CPU prices.
Go to the group above for more/better O/C stories with A64.

Bruin

"Peter van der Goes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Bruin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> My first big upgrade was a 200mgz to a Celeron 300A that I clocked to
>> 450. That was a DEAL & I loved the performance. I was happy for a while.
>> Then it was a flip-chip P3 600 clocked at 800. I was happy.
>> Then P4s came out, over-priced, neutered, & I jumped ship to AMD & got an
>> 1800+ but ran it at it's rated speed. But still saved a ton over a P4.
>> I was happy.
>> Then, & finally I am running a 2500+ (1833) at 3200+ (2200) & I am
>> getting the itch.
>>
>> I am feeling an onset of Upgrade Fever.
>>
>> What is the speed vs value deal going right now? To be honest, I kept
>> myself away from the hardware pages/groups to keep from catching the
>> Fever & I am way behind the times. All I know is that I should maybe be
>> lookin at Socket 939. Any good, inexpensive CPUs that I can crank up
>> to expensive speeds? =)
>>

> Probably better to ask in alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64, as this group is
> mostly dormant, but I'll entice you a bit
>
> Asus A8V Deluxe here running an A64 3200+ (default speed 2.0 GHz) at 2.5
> GHz with no issues, all adjustments made in BIOS to up the FSB while
> locking PCI/AGP.
> 100% stable. 2.5 GHz is about 3800+ speed. You can do the math on
> respective CPU prices.
> Go to the group above for more/better O/C stories with A64.

Thanks! Didn't know this group was available.

Best deal right now Joe_Z AMD Overclocking 8 05-18-2007 07:54 PM
Update on Deal or No Deal MZB Dell 8 05-14-2007 08:42 PM
Deal? Or no deal? MZB Dell 23 05-13-2007 12:35 AM
Refurb Dell servers: deal or no deal ira.ink@gmail.com Dell 36 05-17-2006 11:27 AM
what's the deal with that $399 deal? ng_reader Dell 3 08-18-2005 08:23 PM