Software workaround for SB Live?

Gabriel

Many people have complained here and everywhere else for the
static/craclking/stuttering problems with a SB Live. All the suggested
workarounds are user-side workarounds, meaning they have to change
their IRQ settings or something like that.

My situation is different - I'm a game developer, currently having
problems with one of our games and a SB Live. I'm interested in a
program-side workaround, so that the user doesn't even notice the
problem.

Do you know any of such workarounds? Is this the right forum to ask?

Thanks in advance,
--Gabriel

Lenny

> My situation is different - I'm a game developer

> Do you know any of such workarounds? Is this the right forum to ask?

I don't think many users live here with the level of expertise you require.
It's above our heads. Anyway, if the solution requires adjusting PCI
latency timer or such, there are no software workarounds. These options can
only be fiddled with via the BIOS interface (at least in a safe way, since
different chipsets work differently).

You could ask Creative directly, surely they have a developer support
program, or write the KX Project guys an email (they have the source code
for their driver available too I believe, in case you want to reverse
engineer it and maybe find a solution).