ERIC SHAIK

i see asus , chaintek , abit mottherboard 'boards' or use net news groups ..
but non for soltek .. is there one ?

also - can i run a pci card with my agp card to get dual monitor view , have
a64 754. ...

thanks,
eric
(won't start the ATI Mach 64 card ) ---

--
~It's a nice day ! .... but if it's not, then make it that way ! ~

Wes Newell

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:58:55 +0000, ERIC SHAIK wrote:

> i see asus , chaintek , abit mottherboard 'boards' or use net news groups ..
> but non for soltek .. is there one ?

I didn't find one either.

> also - can i run a pci card with my agp card to get dual monitor view ,
> have a64 754. ...

I think that's about the only way you can do it, unless you have a new
board with PCI-E and AGP video maybe.

Wes Newell

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:58:55 +0000, ERIC SHAIK wrote:

> also - can i run a pci card with my agp card to get dual monitor view , have
> a64 754. ...

OOps, forgot about the dual head cards. I guess they support dual monitors
too but don't really know for sure.

ERIC SHAIK

well dont u think we should start a soltek mainboard news group ?
hell , theres about a dozen other groups on specific brands, why cant every
brand hasve its own newsgroup ?

"Wes Newell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsan.2005.03.11.00.41.51.346487@TAKEOUTverizon .net...
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 21:58:55 +0000, ERIC SHAIK wrote:
>
>> also - can i run a pci card with my agp card to get dual monitor view ,
>> have
>> a64 754. ...
>>

> OOps, forgot about the dual head cards. I guess they support dual monitors
> too but don't really know for sure.
>
> --
> My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
> Verizon server http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

Bill

In article <Zs6Yd.688$(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> well dont u think we should start a soltek mainboard news group ?

<snip>

So issue a control message to start one.

Bill

ERIC SHAIK

issueing a control message..

COMMAND SEQUENCE : INITIATE NEW NEWSGROUP.
CATEGORY ALT
SUB CAT : COMP
SUB CAT: PERIPHS
SUB CAT : MAINBOARD
SUB CAT: SOLTEK
EXECUTE [RETURN]

.... WAITing ... waiting ...
damn, nothing happened .. this is upsetting ...

i actually don't know who to issue the control message to , as i am not
aware of the newsgroup postmaster....

can you help ?

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> In article <Zs6Yd.688$(E-Mail Removed) >,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> well dont u think we should start a soltek mainboard news group ?

> <snip>
>
> So issue a control message to start one.
>
> Bill

Bill

In article <Uv9Yd.795$(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> issueing a control message..
>
> COMMAND SEQUENCE : INITIATE NEW NEWSGROUP.
> CATEGORY ALT
> SUB CAT : COMP
> SUB CAT: PERIPHS
> SUB CAT : MAINBOARD
> SUB CAT: SOLTEK
> EXECUTE [RETURN]
>
> ... WAITing ... waiting ...
> damn, nothing happened .. this is upsetting ...
>
> i actually don't know who to issue the control message to , as i am not
> aware of the newsgroup postmaster....
>
> can you help ?

Googling, Googling, < 1.76 sec later> click, copy & paste:

http://nylon.net/alt/newgroup.htm

Bill

Wes Newell

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 04:54:12 +0000, ERIC SHAIK wrote:

> issueing a control message..
>
> COMMAND SEQUENCE : INITIATE NEW NEWSGROUP.
> CATEGORY ALT
> SUB CAT : COMP
> SUB CAT: PERIPHS
> SUB CAT : MAINBOARD
> SUB CAT: SOLTEK
> EXECUTE [RETURN]
>
> ... WAITing ... waiting ...
> damn, nothing happened .. this is upsetting ...
>
> i actually don't know who to issue the control message to , as i am not
> aware of the newsgroup postmaster....
>
> can you help ?

I'll give you one tip. Although it's suggested you propose your new group
in alt.config, they fight like a bunch of 10year olds over there. Anyone
can create a newsgroup in the alt.* group area. All you have to do is send
the control message to the proper place. But that only makes it available
to all the other news servers around the world. You then need to promote
it by telling people in relative groups it esxists and then at least one
person on every news server must request it before it becomes available on
that server. There is a few servers around that will automatically pick it
up, but the majority won't until requested by someone on their server,
which presents another problem. Most people don't know how to request a
new newsgroup.:-) The people in alt.config raised hell when I bypassed
them and just went ahead and created alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64, but
they miht have gotten over it by now. If not, I couldn't care less. This
will tell you how to write the control message.

http://www.gweep.ca/~edmonds/usenet/good-newgroup.html

ERIC SHAIK

,jt why doesnt someone who has made groups before just do it for me since he
can do it fast and i will take a long time and
i dont have a long time.

news:zq3Yd.548$(E-Mail Removed) .net...