Some questions about the GTXP

Dan_Musicant

I've had this card more than a couple years. Just installed it in
Windows 2000 SP4. Before installing I downloaded what appears to be the
latest driver, 6.09, dated 2/29/2003, Version 4101, the largerer one
with the "DLS soundbanks." I'm using the coaxial digital feed from the
GTXP's breakout box to my AV receiver. I have a few questions:

1. The help function isn't working. When I click the ? symbol in the
GTXP Control Panel GUI, nothing happens.

2. The soundcard itself has one input, the "auxiliary". I'm using that
for audio from my TV card, the Winfast TV2000 XP Deluxe. However, the
muting and volume controls in the Winfast's GUI are not having any
effect. Is there a workaround for this. It seems strange. I didn't have
that problem when using my Santa Cruz card and the line in.

3. There's no response when I enable the EQ in the GTXP GUI and adjust
frequencies. Why?

4. The DLS soundbanks look interesting. Where can I find information
about how to use that and how to use the card to create music?

5. Aren't there some forums for this card? I thought there were links to
those at Hercules' website, but I don't see that now. Have they been
done away with, or was I just dreaming that there were forums?

Thanks for any help.

Dan

Dan_Musicant

I'm also wondering if there's a difference between the 6.1 and 7.1
versions of this card or is it just in the drivers. When you go to the
Hercules site and view the manual for the 6.1, it's the same as the
7.1's. Thanks.

Dan