Some very old, expensive, and interesting computer items on ebay.

Don McKenzie

Apple 1 original $75K

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...vip=true&rt=nc

C4040 ES INTEL CPU RARE $800K

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C4040-ES-INT...item2c54ff09df

--
Don McKenzie

Web's best price on Olinuxino Linux PC:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/olinuxino.html

The World's Cheapest Computer:
DuinoMite the PIC32 $23 Basic Computer-MicroController
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/the-m...-computer.html
Add VGA Monitor/TV, and PS2 Keyboard, or use USB Terminal
Arduino Shield, Programmed in Basic, or C.

spamtrap1888

On Aug 9, 12:51*pm, Don McKenzie <5...@2.5A> wrote:
> Apple 1 original $75K
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...id=p4340.l2557....
>
> C4040 ES INTEL CPU RARE $800K
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/C4040-ES-INT...561375?pt=US_V....

Funny that all the other C4040 engineering samples are in white
packages, not brown, and do not have a 1975 date code. How would an
Intel sample get to China to begin with?

Don McKenzie

On 10-Aug-12 6:24 AM, spamtrap1888 wrote:
> On Aug 9, 12:51 pm, Don McKenzie <5...@2.5A> wrote:
>> Apple 1 original $75K
>>
>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...id=p4340.l2557...
>>
>> C4040 ES INTEL CPU RARE $800K
>>
>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/C4040-ES-INT...561375?pt=US_V...
>>

> Funny that all the other C4040 engineering samples are in white
> packages, not brown, and do not have a 1975 date code. How would an
> Intel sample get to China to begin with?

doesn't look much like this one does it?
http://www.rarecpus.com/images/intelC4040.jpg

here is another nice little collection of pictures:
http://www.willsmith.org/collectible_chips/

--

On 10-Aug-12 7:09 AM, Don McKenzie wrote:
> On 10-Aug-12 6:24 AM, spamtrap1888 wrote:
>> On Aug 9, 12:51 pm, Don McKenzie <5...@2.5A> wrote:
>>> Apple 1 original $75K
>>>
>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...id=p4340.l2557...
>>>
>>> C4040 ES INTEL CPU RARE $800K
>>>
>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/C4040-ES-INT...561375?pt=US_V...
>>>

>> Funny that all the other C4040 engineering samples are in white
>> packages, not brown, and do not have a 1975 date code. How would an
>> Intel sample get to China to begin with?

> doesn't look much like this one does it?
> http://www.rarecpus.com/images/intelC4040.jpg
>
> here is another nice little collection of pictures:
> http://www.willsmith.org/collectible_chips/

just found a whole bunch of them which may throw a different light on the subject.
http://www.chipdb.org/cat-4040-350.htm

--

On 10-Aug-12 7:42 AM, Greegor wrote:
>> C4040 ES INTEL CPU RARE

> Wouldn't the 4004 be even more valuable?

I should hope so, but at $800K for a 4040, I figure it is about $799.9K over priced.

--
Don McKenzie

Web's best price on Olinuxino Linux PC:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/olinuxino.html

The World's Cheapest Computer:
DuinoMite the PIC32 $23 Basic Computer-MicroController
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/the-m...-computer.html
Add VGA Monitor/TV, and PS2 Keyboard, or use USB Terminal
Arduino Shield, Programmed in Basic, or C.

hamilton

On 8/9/2012 3:54 PM, Don McKenzie wrote:
> On 10-Aug-12 7:42 AM, Greegor wrote:
>>> C4040 ES INTEL CPU RARE

>> Wouldn't the 4004 be even more valuable?

> I should hope so, but at $800K for a 4040, I figure it is about $799.9K
> over priced.

So, you'd pay $100 to get one ??

Trevor Wilson

On 8/10/2012 5:51 AM, Don McKenzie wrote:

> Apple 1 original $75K
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...vip=true&rt=nc
>

> C4040 ES INTEL CPU RARE $800K
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/C4040-ES-INT...item2c54ff09df

**This is very interesting. I have a 256k printer buffer I purchased
from you a few years back, that may be worth a fortune one day.

Yay!

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Roberto Waltman

Trevor Wilson wrote:
>**This is very interesting. I have a 256k printer buffer I purchased
>from you a few years back, that may be worth a fortune one day.

I am having a hard time convincing my wife that we need to be patient
and wait, until my garage-full-of-junk becomes Alibaba's treasure
cave.
--
Roberto Waltman

[ Please reply to the group,
return address is invalid ]

Yaputya

"hamilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:k01gf8$c89$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Wouldn't the 4004 be even more valuable?

>> I should hope so, but at $800K for a 4040, I figure it is about $799.9K
>> over priced.
>>

> So, you'd pay $100 to get one ??

If it came with a certificate of authenticity.......how easy would it be to clone
a 4040 these days?

Trevor Wilson

On 8/10/2012 9:35 AM, Roberto Waltman wrote:
> Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> **This is very interesting. I have a 256k printer buffer I purchased
>>from you a few years back, that may be worth a fortune one day.

> I am having a hard time convincing my wife that we need to be patient
> and wait, until my garage-full-of-junk becomes Alibaba's treasure
> cave.
> --
> Roberto Waltman

**Those words probably apply to 90% of the people who read these groups.
My collection of 1,200 baud modems, 386 laptops, 256k RAm chips, 28 year
old CD players, Sony Beta machines, 20MB hard drives and valves are
surely going to be worth something. Actually, some of my crap is
(finally) starting to become valuable (I have a nice assortment of quite
valuable vaccuum tubes). SWMBO calls it "junk". She knows nothing.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au