sonic tower installation

Haris Bogdanovic

Hello.

I'm missing one detail about Thermaltake Sonic Tower installation:

My motherboard (LGA775) has four holes around the processor for putting the
screws in them but they are too wide for Sonic Tower's screws and they do
not have threads.
To what do I tighten these screws then ?

Thanks.

Phil Weldon

'Haris Bogdanovic' wrote:
| I'm missing one detail about Thermaltake Sonic Tower installation:
|
| My motherboard (LGA775) has four holes around the processor for putting
the
| screws in them but they are too wide for Sonic Tower's screws and they do
| not have threads.
| To what do I tighten these screws then ?A backplate? 'Push-pins'?
_____

The holes in a motherboard are through-holes, and meant to have no threads.
The heatsink should have either plastic 'push-pins' that snap into the
motherboard holes or there should be a backplate with threaded holes.
Unless someone here has the exact same components, anyone who may answer you
must access the relevant manuals on the Internet (something you can do
yourself.) Getting help is much easier if you included information on the
components you are using.

Phil Weldon

"Haris Bogdanovic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fmol69$21f$(E-Mail Removed)...
| Hello.
|
| I'm missing one detail about Thermaltake Sonic Tower installation:
|
| My motherboard (LGA775) has four holes around the processor for putting
the
| screws in them but they are too wide for Sonic Tower's screws and they do
| not have threads.
| To what do I tighten these screws then ?
|
| Thanks.

Bill

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> 'Haris Bogdanovic' wrote:
> | I'm missing one detail about Thermaltake Sonic Tower installation:
> |
> | My motherboard (LGA775) has four holes around the processor for putting
> the
> | screws in them but they are too wide for Sonic Tower's screws and they do
> | not have threads.
> | To what do I tighten these screws then ?A backplate? 'Push-pins'?
> _____
>
> The holes in a motherboard are through-holes, and meant to have no threads.
> The heatsink should have either plastic 'push-pins' that snap into the
> motherboard holes or there should be a backplate with threaded holes.
> Unless someone here has the exact same components, anyone who may answer you
> must access the relevant manuals on the Internet (something you can do
> yourself.) Getting help is much easier if you included information on the
> components you are using.
>
> Phil Weldon

Funny, the installation instructions tell you how to do it. How do I
know? I downloaded them. Imagine that.

http://59.124.46.91/manual/download_result.asp

Bill

Paul

Bill wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> 'Haris Bogdanovic' wrote:
>> | I'm missing one detail about Thermaltake Sonic Tower installation:
>> |
>> | My motherboard (LGA775) has four holes around the processor for putting
>> the
>> | screws in them but they are too wide for Sonic Tower's screws and they do
>> | not have threads.
>> | To what do I tighten these screws then ?A backplate? 'Push-pins'?
>> _____
>>
>> The holes in a motherboard are through-holes, and meant to have no threads.
>> The heatsink should have either plastic 'push-pins' that snap into the
>> motherboard holes or there should be a backplate with threaded holes.
>> Unless someone here has the exact same components, anyone who may answer you
>> must access the relevant manuals on the Internet (something you can do
>> yourself.) Getting help is much easier if you included information on the
>> components you are using.
>>
>> Phil Weldon
>>

> Funny, the installation instructions tell you how to do it. How do I
> know? I downloaded them. Imagine that.
>
> http://59.124.46.91/manual/download_result.asp
>
> Bill

Based on that manual (CL-P0071_en_B05051901.zip original Sonic Tower - there is
apparently a Rev 2 as well), there are two clips. The chips are threaded, judging
by the pictures. Invert the two clips and put them on the primary side of the
PCB. Use four screws plus insulating washer on the secondary side of the
motherboard. The screws fasten to the two threaded clips. The clips form a
stand. Then, the I-bar goes across the heatsink base to hold it in place.
Two more screws hold the I-bar to the two clips. The result looks like the
letter "H" and uses a total of six screws. The body of the letter "H" is
elevated above the PCB.

The Rev 2 instructions seem to be similar, but the pictures are harder to
see because they are in JPEG format.

Paul

Daniel Albuschat

Hello Phil!

I appreciate your great help and the effort you're putting into this
newsgroup. Thanks for that!
But still, you seem to have some issues in quoting efficiently and in a
readable manner. :-)
You often seem to double-quote the original poster, which is quite
confusing. You should always include the parts you're refering to (and
all other parts that are needed for a shallow understanding of the
topic) and reply BELOW those quotes.

It should look like this:

Haris wrote:
> [Haris' text]

[Phil's text]

This is the least confusing, most clearly arranged and most accepted way
of quoting that even has built-in support in most news-readers.

You can also find a more detailed explanation here:
http://learn.to/quote

Again, please bear in mind that I'm just trying to help (you and the
people reading your posts) and not criticize you, since I appreciate the
uncountable helpful replies you made in this group.

Regards,

Daniel Albuschat

Haris Bogdanovic

"Phil Weldon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> 'Haris Bogdanovic' wrote:
> | I'm missing one detail about Thermaltake Sonic Tower installation:
> |
> | My motherboard (LGA775) has four holes around the processor for putting
> the
> | screws in them but they are too wide for Sonic Tower's screws and they
> do
> | not have threads.
> | To what do I tighten these screws then ?A backplate? 'Push-pins'?
> _____
>
> The holes in a motherboard are through-holes, and meant to have no
> threads.
> The heatsink should have either plastic 'push-pins' that snap into the
> motherboard holes or there should be a backplate with threaded holes.
> Unless someone here has the exact same components, anyone who may answer
> you
> must access the relevant manuals on the Internet (something you can do
> yourself.) Getting help is much easier if you included information on the
> components you are using.
>
> Phil Weldon

I didn't get the backplate or the push-pins in the package. First I thought
that I have to drill holes in the case and put the same 'screws' in them
like I
used for mounting motherboard on the case so I could screw fan screws into
that
'screws'. Than I looked on the internet and saw pictures of new cases and
realized that they do not have these holes either as my 5 year old case.
So if you guys don't have any other sugesstions I think I will have to go
back to the store where I bought it and ask them to help me install it.

Thanks.

Phil Weldon

'Daniel Albuschat' wrote, in part:
| I appreciate your great help and the effort you're putting into this
| newsgroup. Thanks for that!
| But still, you seem to have some issues in quoting efficiently and in a
| readable manner. :-)
| You often seem to double-quote the original poster, which is quite
| confusing. You should always include the parts you're refering to (and
| all other parts that are needed for a shallow understanding of the
| topic) and reply BELOW those quotes.
_____

Thank you for your suggestion. However, that is exactly what I do.

First: the name of the poster to whom I reply.

Second: relevant quote sufficient to identify the questions; preceded by
'wrote' if the quote contains more or less the full post
OR
'wrote, in part' if only part of the original post is
quoted.
Third: _____

Fourth: my reply.

Fifth: my signature.

Sixth: the full post to which I reply, including message id (sometimes with
the chain of earlier posts deleted if excessively long); I include this last
to specifically id the message and as a backup incase I should have
miss-quoted or taken out of context. Though I agree this last step is, in a
way, 'double quoting', I believe it serves a purpose; improving both
readability and creditability.

What could be more clear, efficient, or less confusing?

Phil Weldon

"Daniel Albuschat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fmptkc$gpu$00$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
| Hello Phil!
|
| I appreciate your great help and the effort you're putting into this
| newsgroup. Thanks for that!
| But still, you seem to have some issues in quoting efficiently and in a
| readable manner. :-)
| You often seem to double-quote the original poster, which is quite
| confusing. You should always include the parts you're refering to (and
| all other parts that are needed for a shallow understanding of the
| topic) and reply BELOW those quotes.
|
| It should look like this:
|
| Haris wrote:
| > [Haris' text]
|
| [Phil's text]
|
| This is the least confusing, most clearly arranged and most accepted way
| of quoting that even has built-in support in most news-readers.
|
| You can also find a more detailed explanation here:
| http://learn.to/quote
|
| Again, please bear in mind that I'm just trying to help (you and the
| people reading your posts) and not criticize you, since I appreciate the
| uncountable helpful replies you made in this group.
|
| Regards,
|
| Daniel Albuschat

peter

There is no backplate..no pushpins...........read Pauls reply.
There are 2 bars that attach with screws to the top with the screws being
screwed into the bars from the underside of the motherbard,
Go to the website..download the installation manual....look at the pictures

peter

"Haris Bogdanovic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fmq7pu$cep$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Phil Weldon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> 'Haris Bogdanovic' wrote:
>> | I'm missing one detail about Thermaltake Sonic Tower installation:
>> |
>> | My motherboard (LGA775) has four holes around the processor for putting
>> the
>> | screws in them but they are too wide for Sonic Tower's screws and they
>> do
>> | not have threads.
>> | To what do I tighten these screws then ?A backplate? 'Push-pins'?
>> _____
>>
>> The holes in a motherboard are through-holes, and meant to have no
>> threads.
>> The heatsink should have either plastic 'push-pins' that snap into the
>> motherboard holes or there should be a backplate with threaded holes.
>> Unless someone here has the exact same components, anyone who may answer
>> you
>> must access the relevant manuals on the Internet (something you can do
>> yourself.) Getting help is much easier if you included information on
>> the
>> components you are using.
>>
>> Phil Weldon
>>

> I didn't get the backplate or the push-pins in the package. First I
> thought
> that I have to drill holes in the case and put the same 'screws' in them
> like I
> used for mounting motherboard on the case so I could screw fan screws into
> that
> 'screws'. Than I looked on the internet and saw pictures of new cases and
> realized that they do not have these holes either as my 5 year old case.
> So if you guys don't have any other sugesstions I think I will have to go
> back to the store where I bought it and ask them to help me install it.
>
> Thanks.

Haris Bogdanovic

I get it now. The solution is so simple, I didn't pay attention I guess.
Anyway, I'm not into overclocking, I bought this fan to reduce system noise
so I don't have much expirience with this except basic stuff, just enough to
get the computer running.

Thank you very much guys.
Haris.