Sony Laptop Battery PCGA-BP71

Chris

Hi all, just a quick question i hope you will be able help me with...
i've had my battery for some time now, its always worked well, recently it
stopped working. after checking it with some monitoring software, the charge
rate is 0mw? the battery cells are totally empty. the laptop says its
charging, but it never does?

ideas/commants gratefully recieved.

tia

Chris

Nite Rider

You could try sticking it in a bag and into the freezer and hope it revives
it. If not you might as well throw it out. My bp71a has been recharged about
30 times and it is already slipping in power according to some utilities.
Then again it may not be the battery at all but the laptop's charger. Sony
vaio's can work without their batteries, I know, I have one.
news:rwo0b.6240$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all, just a quick question i hope you will be able help me with...
> i've had my battery for some time now, its always worked well, recently

it
> stopped working. after checking it with some monitoring software, the

charge
> rate is 0mw? the battery cells are totally empty. the laptop says its
> charging, but it never does?
>
> ideas/commants gratefully recieved.
>
> tia
>
> Chris

hawk

If you have a shop that specializes in batteries, they will be able to
test the battery to see if it is worth reconditioning. Reconditioning
consists of total discharge and charge cycle many times over a twelve
hour plus period. I had a Sony battery reconditioned once and it was
restored to about 75% of new.

Regards, hawk