Sony Vaio display problems

garrick_middleton@hotmail.com

Ok Brand new to 'Groups' so i hope i'm in the correct place...

I bought a Sony Vaio earlier this year (get back to you with the exact
model) and the screen has become corrupted. About a third ways in from
the left is a vertical line of red pixels and from that line all the
way to the right appear what i can only discribe as 'contour lines' of
red pixels over anything with any colour in it - be it a photo or dvd
movie.

Not had chance to plug it into any other monitor etc as it's only just
become a consistant problem...

....any suggestions?

Barry Watzman

From your description, this is most likely a failed and hardware
defective LCD panel. If that is the case, there is no fix other than
replacement of the LCD panel (which will be VERY expensive if it's out
of warranty ... could cost almost as much as a new laptop). But it
sounds like you are still in the warranty period.

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Ok Brand new to 'Groups' so i hope i'm in the correct place...
>
> I bought a Sony Vaio earlier this year (get back to you with the exact
> model) and the screen has become corrupted. About a third ways in from
> the left is a vertical line of red pixels and from that line all the
> way to the right appear what i can only discribe as 'contour lines' of
> red pixels over anything with any colour in it - be it a photo or dvd
> movie.
>
> Not had chance to plug it into any other monitor etc as it's only just
> become a consistant problem...
>
> ...any suggestions?

BillW50

news:(E-Mail Removed)
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>> Ok Brand new to 'Groups' so i hope i'm in the correct place...
>>
>> I bought a Sony Vaio earlier this year (get back to you with the
>> exact model) and the screen has become corrupted. About a third ways
>> in from the left is a vertical line of red pixels and from that line
>> all the way to the right appear what i can only discribe as 'contour
>> lines' of red pixels over anything with any colour in it - be it a
>> photo or dvd movie.
>>
>> Not had chance to plug it into any other monitor etc as it's only
>> just become a consistant problem...
>>
>> ...any suggestions?

> From your description, this is most likely a failed and hardware
> defective LCD panel. If that is the case, there is no fix other than
> replacement of the LCD panel (which will be VERY expensive if it's out
> of warranty ... could cost almost as much as a new laptop). But it
> sounds like you are still in the warranty period.

It's possible it is the LCD like Barry stated he thinks it is. Although
if the same thing is there with an external monitor, all bets are off.

--
Bill

M.I.5

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> From your description, this is most likely a failed and hardware defective
> LCD panel. If that is the case, there is no fix other than replacement of
> the LCD panel (which will be VERY expensive if it's out of warranty ...
> could cost almost as much as a new laptop). But it sounds like you are
> still in the warranty period.

I don't know where you are, but someone here (UK) just sent a Vaio back with
a similar problem. It was returned repaired just 3 working days later. Not
bad considering that it had to be sent to France.

M.I.5 wrote:

> I don't know where you are, but someone here (UK) just sent a Vaio back with
> a similar problem. It was returned repaired just 3 working days later. Not
> bad considering that it had to be sent to France.

cheers fellas
ok sounds like i could get it sorted...if only i could find the
receipt!?!?!