sorta OT: keyboard for work?

Nate Nagel

So I need a new keyboard for work. Only keyboard I've ever *liked* was
an IBM Model M. you know the one, the clackety one that drives your
coworkers nuts. But I can type on it and I don't bash the keys until
they bottom out because I can feel when I've hit the letter. My hands
feel so much better at the end of a long day of typing out angry emails
And it works reliably.

BUT, it drives my coworkers nuts.

After doing some research online it would appear that what I want is a
keyboard with Cherry "Brown" mechanical switches. My choices seem to be:

Filco Ninja Majestouch-2, NKR, Tactile Action, USA Keyboard FKBN104M/EFB2

XArmor U9BL-S LED backlit mechanical gaming keyboard

DAS Keyboard S Professional Silent Keyboard - Wired

opinions/comments? They're all extortionately priced compared to the
One True Keyboard used on fleaBay (I have two of those,) but using the
shite that passes for a keyboard that is shipped with most PCs ****es me
off, and using the One True Keyboard ****es my coworkers off.

Unfortunately, I don't have any kind of computer sellin' emporium near
me that sells these kinds of keyboards so I'm at the mercy of Amazon,
Newegg, et. al. and also opinions on durability would also be appreciated.

thanks much

Nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Ben Myers

On Jun 28, 6:08*pm, Nate Nagel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> So I need a new keyboard for work. *Only keyboard I've ever *liked* was
> an IBM Model M. *you know the one, the clackety one that drives your
> coworkers nuts. *But I can type on it and I don't bash the keys until
> they bottom out because I can feel when I've hit the letter. *My hands
> feel so much better at the end of a long day of typing out angry emails
> *And it works reliably.
>
> BUT, it drives my coworkers nuts.
>
> After doing some research online it would appear that what I want is a
> keyboard with Cherry "Brown" mechanical switches. *My choices seem to be:
>
> Filco Ninja Majestouch-2, NKR, Tactile Action, USA Keyboard FKBN104M/EFB2
>
> XArmor U9BL-S LED backlit mechanical gaming keyboard
>
> DAS Keyboard S Professional Silent Keyboard - Wired
>
> opinions/comments? *They're all extortionately priced compared to the
> One True Keyboard used on fleaBay (I have two of those,) but using the
> shite that passes for a keyboard that is shipped with most PCs ****es me
> off, and using the One True Keyboard ****es my coworkers off.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have any kind of computer sellin' emporium near
> me that sells these kinds of keyboards so I'm at the mercy of Amazon,
> Newegg, et. al. and also opinions on durability would also be appreciated..
>
> thanks much
>
> Nate
>
> --
> replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

You can get a quiet Model M with USB connector from Unicomp, who
bought up the remains of the IBM keyboard business. Why settle for
less? Well worth nearly $100, compared to the schlock keyboards sold
these days.

My second choice is the fairly compact Dell USB keyboard sold with
some newer systems. These are dirt cheap and easy to find. I've used
one for a couple of years because my system's motherboard does not
like the Model M. I want to switch back, though... Ben Myers

.... Ben Myers

OT.... Well, Sorta Leon Rowell Abit 5 01-23-2005 12:50 AM
Sorta OT - I Grow Weary Colon Terminus Abit 5 12-28-2004 01:00 AM
Dell News Group sorta Hans Dell 1 05-30-2004 04:31 AM
sorta OT: cheap vid for a server emachine Nvidia 4 02-27-2004 01:08 AM
sorta OT: cheap vid for a server emachine ATI 4 02-27-2004 01:08 AM