sound blaster live and 2.1

Philippe

hi (and sorry for my english)

i have a sound blaster live card in a computer under XP Pro. I just bought a
2.1 sound system (altec 621).

I had used the creative mixer to put the correct settings but there is no
possibility to choose a system with 2 satellites and a subwoofer, and the
only choice that allow the sound to come is 5.1.

In that configuration, the left satellite is considered as central satellite
an the right one is considered as subwoofer, and feel that the sound is not
reproduce very well.

Does anyone had the problem, and what is the solution to adapt perfectly the
software configuration to my 2.1 system.

Thanks for your answers :-)

Philippe

Lenny

> the only choice that allow the sound to come is 5.1.

> In that configuration, the left satellite is considered as central

satellite
> an the right one is considered as subwoofer, and feel that the sound is

not
> reproduce very well.

No ****, sherlock. You have plugged your speakers' input cable into the
wrong output on the soundcard!

If you move the plug to the correct output (often marked with the color
green) and then select two speakers in the surround mixer (no need to bother
with .1; the sub will function as intended anyway), things will work the way
they're supposed to.

Philippe

thank u !

news:JdcPb.79181$(E-Mail Removed)...