Sound card help needed

Anthony

Okay I got a built in sound card on my motherboard its gigabyte nforce 3
board plus i have a sound blaster audigy. I wanna hook the TV up to the
computer via the DVI port. Now I got that part done but I am curiuos. I got
the TV hooked up to the onboard sound and I am wondering if thier is a way
to use both sound cards at the sametime. Have the TV be the only one to
use the built in and the computer to use the audigy card. I couldnt hook
it to the audigy becasue I want the speakers hooked up to it as well still
and I got the TV tuner card hooked up in a port to. Any advice would be
appreciated.

Arno Wagner

Previously Anthony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Okay I got a built in sound card on my motherboard its gigabyte nforce 3
> board plus i have a sound blaster audigy. I wanna hook the TV up to the
> computer via the DVI port. Now I got that part done but I am curiuos. I got
> the TV hooked up to the onboard sound and I am wondering if thier is a way
> to use both sound cards at the sametime. Have the TV be the only one to
> use the built in and the computer to use the audigy card. I couldnt hook
> it to the audigy becasue I want the speakers hooked up to it as well still
> and I got the TV tuner card hooked up in a port to. Any advice would be
> appreciated.

Well, technically it is possible, since, e.g. Limux, can support two
independent soundcards. The issue is whether your OS can support that
and what you want to do with it.

Arno

Anthony

"Arno Wagner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Previously Anthony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Okay I got a built in sound card on my motherboard its gigabyte nforce
>> 3
>> board plus i have a sound blaster audigy. I wanna hook the TV up to the
>> computer via the DVI port. Now I got that part done but I am curiuos. I
>> got
>> the TV hooked up to the onboard sound and I am wondering if thier is a
>> way
>> to use both sound cards at the sametime. Have the TV be the only one to
>> use the built in and the computer to use the audigy card. I couldnt
>> hook
>> it to the audigy becasue I want the speakers hooked up to it as well
>> still
>> and I got the TV tuner card hooked up in a port to. Any advice would be
>> appreciated.

> Well, technically it is possible, since, e.g. Limux, can support two
> independent soundcards. The issue is whether your OS can support that
> and what you want to do with it.
>
> Arno

Well I am using windows xp pro. I have it set up so I can select either
sound card but I want both to be working at the sametime I get lazy lol

Arno Wagner

Previously Anthony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Arno Wagner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Previously Anthony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Okay I got a built in sound card on my motherboard its gigabyte nforce
>>> 3
>>> board plus i have a sound blaster audigy. I wanna hook the TV up to the
>>> computer via the DVI port. Now I got that part done but I am curiuos. I
>>> got
>>> the TV hooked up to the onboard sound and I am wondering if thier is a
>>> way
>>> to use both sound cards at the sametime. Have the TV be the only one to
>>> use the built in and the computer to use the audigy card. I couldnt
>>> hook
>>> it to the audigy becasue I want the speakers hooked up to it as well
>>> still
>>> and I got the TV tuner card hooked up in a port to. Any advice would be
>>> appreciated.

>> Well, technically it is possible, since, e.g. Limux, can support two
>> independent soundcards. The issue is whether your OS can support that
>> and what you want to do with it.
>>
>> Arno

> Well I am using windows xp pro. I have it set up so I can select either
> sound card but I want both to be working at the sametime I get lazy lol

AFAIK XP cannot do that.

Arno

Anthony

Dang what about vista?
"Arno Wagner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Previously Anthony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "Arno Wagner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> Well, technically it is possible, since, e.g. Limux, can support two
>>> independent soundcards. The issue is whether your OS can support that
>>> and what you want to do with it.
>>>
>>> Arno

>> Well I am using windows xp pro. I have it set up so I can select either
>> sound card but I want both to be working at the sametime I get lazy lol

> AFAIK XP cannot do that.
>
> Arno

Anthony

Well using windows xp I figured out a way to have both sound cards working
at once. What I di was do what I was doing on the sound balster then I
decided to play wow on the big screen I first set it to the other sound card
under control panel under sound and audio devices. I select the one then
hit aply and okay and now I got both going at one time. I hear wow on the
big screen and my TV tuner and computer stuff on the normal computer
speakers.

Arno Wagner

Previously Anthony <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Well using windows xp I figured out a way to have both sound cards working
> at once. What I di was do what I was doing on the sound balster then I
> decided to play wow on the big screen I first set it to the other sound card
> under control panel under sound and audio devices. I select the one then
> hit aply and okay and now I got both going at one time. I hear wow on the
> big screen and my TV tuner and computer stuff on the normal computer
> speakers.

Interesting. Did not know this could be done. Congratulations!

Arno