Sound isn't very loud?

Chaos Master

hi.

I just reinstalled Windows, and now I have a problem:

- audio coming from my system' speakers isn't very loud. It can barely be
heard at max. volume.

The speakers are OK, if I connect them to a radio the sound is very loud.

Sound card is Aztech Sound III, OS is Win98 SE, audio players are both
Windows Media Player 6.4 and foobar2000.

What can be wrong?

--
Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil.
"It's not what it seems, not what you think. No, I must be dreaming."

http://marreka.no-ip.com | http://tinyurl.com/46vru
http://renan182.no-ip.org | http://marreka.blogspot.com (in Portuguese)

Chaos Master

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
(E-Mail Removed)LID says...

> What can be wrong?

OBS: volume control of Windows is on maximum.
--
Chaos Master®, posting from somewhere near Porto Alegre, Brazil.
"It's not what it seems, not what you think. No, I must be dreaming."

http://marreka.no-ip.com | http://tinyurl.com/46vru
http://renan182.no-ip.org | http://marreka.blogspot.com (in Portuguese)

Don Schmidt

Did you reinstall the sound card drivers?

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Chaos Master" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
hi.

I just reinstalled Windows, and now I have a problem:

- audio coming from my system' speakers isn't very loud. It can barely be
heard at max. volume.

The speakers are OK, if I connect them to a radio the sound is very loud.

Sound card is Aztech Sound III, OS is Win98 SE, audio players are both
Windows Media Player 6.4 and foobar2000.

What can be wrong?

--
Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil.
"It's not what it seems, not what you think. No, I must be dreaming."

http://marreka.no-ip.com | http://tinyurl.com/46vru
http://renan182.no-ip.org | http://marreka.blogspot.com (in Portuguese)

XMan

Ensure you've connected your amplifier to the card's Line-out port. It sounds like
you've used the Line-in or Mic ports.

"Chaos Master" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) t...
hi.

I just reinstalled Windows, and now I have a problem:

- audio coming from my system' speakers isn't very loud. It can barely be
heard at max. volume.

The speakers are OK, if I connect them to a radio the sound is very loud.

Sound card is Aztech Sound III, OS is Win98 SE, audio players are both
Windows Media Player 6.4 and foobar2000.

What can be wrong?

--
Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil.
"It's not what it seems, not what you think. No, I must be dreaming."

http://marreka.no-ip.com | http://tinyurl.com/46vru
http://renan182.no-ip.org | http://marreka.blogspot.com (in Portuguese)

WebWalker

Check the cable connection between the soundcard and speaker.
Make sure the Wav volume is max.
Try to download the latest soundcard driver.

If the above doesn't works, probably your soundcard is going south.

--
WebWalker

Chaos Master

XMan [(E-Mail Removed)] wrote to us:
> Ensure you've connected your amplifier to the card's Line-out port. It sounds like
> you've used the Line-in or Mic ports.

Audio speakers are connected to the speaker out.

--
Chaos Master®, posting from somewhere near Porto Alegre, Brazil.
"It's not what it seems, not what you think. No, I must be dreaming."

http://marreka.blogspot.com --> news, hotter than high-power transistors!

Chaos Master

Don Schmidt [(E-Mail Removed)] wrote to us:
> Did you reinstall the sound card drivers?

Yes.

[]s
--

WebWalker [(E-Mail Removed)] wrote to us:
> Check the cable connection between the soundcard and speaker.
> Make sure the Wav volume is max.
> Try to download the latest soundcard driver.

I've reinstalled driver, and now it seems to be working.

[]s
--
Chaos Master®, posting from somewhere near Porto Alegre, Brazil.
"It's not what it seems, not what you think. No, I must be dreaming."

http://marreka.blogspot.com --> news, hotter than high-power transistors!

WebWalker

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 05:51:28 -0800, "Don Schmidt"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Did you reinstall the sound card drivers?

I think he did or else he wouldn't hear anything at all.

--
WebWalker

Chris

I had a similar kind of problem A while ago, on a Friend's PC. Try to
uninstall the Soundcard's Driver ( [A.] Reboot, [B.] Disable onboard sound
in BIOS ) & Reinstall.
( When System notifies you of new hardware found, Cancel & Install From CD
that came with the soundcard. )

Chris