Sound problems when overclocking

Trevor L.

Hi, Im Trevor. Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.

I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
from a Hp Pavilion a362n.

Trevor L.

On Jul 26, 10:55 am, "Trevor L." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, Im Trevor. Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
> 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
> problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
> goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
> pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
>
> I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
> from a Hp Pavilion a362n.

Also is it possible to run a 3.2Ghz P4 EE in my mobo?

Phil Weldon

'Trevor L.' wrote:
| Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
| 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
| problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
| goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
| pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
|
| I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
| from a Hp Pavilion a362n.
_____

It would help in finding an answer if you would DESCRIBE the sound problem.
No sound? Garbled sound? High pitched whine? Crackling? ...? Does the
application in use have any correlation with the ocurrence of the sound
problem?

How are you overclocking using an HP Pavillion motherboard? Usually the
BIOS in a system from sold by a large manufacturer really doesn't have much
in the way of the settings that make overclocking possible. If you have
done anything to modify the BIOS other than use an HP update, then that
could be the source of the problem. I'd guess from P4SD-LA that the
motherboard is something special that ASUS whipped up for HP, so your best
source of information would have to be HP, not ASUS. As for using a 3.2 GHz
Pentium 4 EE in your motherboard, again HP would have to be your source for
information. A motherboard ASUS made for a manufacturer like HP likely does
not have all the options that an ASUS motherboard bought separately would
have.

Just some guesses, but if you haven't increased the CPU core voltage
slightly, that might help. You might also check the CPU and motherboard
temperatures, as well as the temperature of the air inside the system case,
and increase ventilation if the readings are high.

Phil Weldon

"Trevor L." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
| Hi, Im Trevor. Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
| 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
| problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
| goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
| pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
|
| I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
| from a Hp Pavilion a362n.

Trevor L.

On Jul 26, 1:18 pm, "Phil Weldon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> 'Trevor L.' wrote:
>
> | Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
> | 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
> | problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
> | goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
> | pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
> |
> | I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
> | from a Hp Pavilion a362n.
> _____
>
> It would help in finding an answer if you would DESCRIBE the sound problem.
> No sound? Garbled sound? High pitched whine? Crackling? ...? Does the
> application in use have any correlation with the ocurrence of the sound
> problem?
>
> How are you overclocking using an HP Pavillion motherboard? Usually the
> BIOS in a system from sold by a large manufacturer really doesn't have much
> in the way of the settings that make overclocking possible. If you have
> done anything to modify the BIOS other than use an HP update, then that
> could be the source of the problem. I'd guess from P4SD-LA that the
> motherboard is something special that ASUS whipped up for HP, so your best
> source of information would have to be HP, not ASUS. As for using a 3.2 GHz
> Pentium 4 EE in your motherboard, again HP would have to be your source for
> information. A motherboard ASUS made for a manufacturer like HP likely does
> not have all the options that an ASUS motherboard bought separately would
> have.
>
> Just some guesses, but if you haven't increased the CPU core voltage
> slightly, that might help. You might also check the CPU and motherboard
> temperatures, as well as the temperature of the air inside the system case,
> and increase ventilation if the readings are high.
>
> Phil Weldon
>
> "Trevor L." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> | Hi, Im Trevor. Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
> | 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
> | problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
> | goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
> | pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
> |
> | I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
> | from a Hp Pavilion a362n.

Im using CPUCool to overclock. The sound sounds normal when its
working, and then when it isnt working, its just silent. You cant hear
anything. As for cpu voltages, I cant change them. CPU-Z says the
VCore is 3.184 volts, which I know is a lie because a month earlier it
said the VCore was 1.1.

Trevor L.

On Jul 26, 5:22 pm, "Trevor L." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jul 26, 1:18 pm, "Phil Weldon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > 'Trevor L.' wrote:

> > | Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
> > | 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
> > | problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
> > | goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
> > | pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
> > |
> > | I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
> > | from a Hp Pavilion a362n.
> > _____

> > It would help in finding an answer if you would DESCRIBE the sound problem.
> > No sound? Garbled sound? High pitched whine? Crackling? ...? Does the
> > application in use have any correlation with the ocurrence of the sound
> > problem?

> > How are you overclocking using an HP Pavillion motherboard? Usually the
> > BIOS in a system from sold by a large manufacturer really doesn't have much
> > in the way of the settings that make overclocking possible. If you have
> > done anything to modify the BIOS other than use an HP update, then that
> > could be the source of the problem. I'd guess from P4SD-LA that the
> > motherboard is something special that ASUS whipped up for HP, so your best
> > source of information would have to be HP, not ASUS. As for using a 3.2 GHz
> > Pentium 4 EE in your motherboard, again HP would have to be your source for
> > information. A motherboard ASUS made for a manufacturer like HP likely does
> > not have all the options that an ASUS motherboard bought separately would
> > have.

> > Just some guesses, but if you haven't increased the CPU core voltage
> > slightly, that might help. You might also check the CPU and motherboard
> > temperatures, as well as the temperature of the air inside the system case,
> > and increase ventilation if the readings are high.

> > Phil Weldon

> > "Trevor L." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > | Hi, Im Trevor. Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
> > | 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
> > | problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
> > | goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
> > | pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
> > |
> > | I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
> > | from a Hp Pavilion a362n.
> > |

> Im using CPUCool to overclock. The sound sounds normal when its
> working, and then when it isnt working, its just silent. You cant hear
> anything. As for cpu voltages, I cant change them. CPU-Z says the
> VCore is 3.184 volts, which I know is a lie because a month earlier it
> said the VCore was 1.1.

My cpu temperatures at idle are around 115.3F. The CPU Fan is at
3321RPM out of 4726RPM. All the temperatures look normal at 3.2Ghz.
Maybe someday I should get a stronger powersupply, especially if im
overclocking my nvidia graphics and running 4 internal 7200RPM hard
drives....Im bound to burn it out soon.

Phil Weldon

'Trevor L.' wrote:
| Im using CPUCool to overclock. The sound sounds normal when its
| working, and then when it isnt working, its just silent. You cant hear
| anything. As for cpu voltages, I cant change them. CPU-Z says the
| VCore is 3.184 volts, which I know is a lie because a month earlier it
| said the VCore was 1.1.
_____

More, and more exact, information, please.

I'm still not sure I understand what you mean by 'sound problem'. Do you
mean that the sound is ok, except intermittently you have no sound? Or do
you mean that when CPUCool is working the sound is silent. Or do you mean
fan noise? It really takes exact descriptions to diagnose a computer
problem long distance.

There dozens of different hardware monitoring chips used on motherboards.
For a temperature/voltage/fan speed monitor program to work correctly it
must recognize the particular chips used AND be aware of the implementation
the motherboard manufacturer used (voltage divider resistors, for example.)

The operating system used has an effect on the CPU idle temperature. But
the idle temperature really isn't very helpful. It is the temperature under
maximum CPU stress that is important.

Your CPU core voltage is definitely NOT 3.184 volts, but then it is
definitely NOT 1.1 volts either. The monitoring program you are using
evidently does not recognize the hardware monitor chip(s) and implementation
used by the motherboard. The fan speed may not be accurate either.

Since you have no problems with an low overclock (3198 MHz - 3000 MHz)/3000
MHz) = < 7%, but a slightly higher overclock does present a problem, then
the inability to raise the core voltage may be the key. Or the key may be
that with your non-overclocking friendly motherboard you may not be able to
lock the PCI bus speed to the standard 33 MHz when the FSB speed is
increased. When the PCI bus speed is higher than 33 MHz problems begin to
occur; in fact, with a PCI bus speed above 37 or 38 MHz hard drive data
corruption can begin to happen. In which cases you will just have to be
satisfied with 3198 MHz.

I certainly would not consider putting a Pentium 4 3.0 GHz EE CPU in your
motherboard. Even if the BIOS will support the CPU, the motherboard will
severely limit the overclock. You lucky to get ANY overclock. Certainly,
if you can't change the CPU multiplier in the BIOS, a Pentium 4 3.0 GHz EE
is only marginally better than what you already have.

You've still not given details about your system HOW do you overclock? What
are the settings you changed to get 3198 MHz? There is really not much more
to be said without sufficient information from you. Overclocking can be a
lot of fun IF you have an overclocking friendly motherboard (To access this
newsgroup I am using a $118 US Intel E4300 1.8 GHz Core 2 CPU @ 2.8 GHz, a 1
GHz or 56% overclock, a very simple task since with an overclocking friendly
motherboard I can change the FSB speed, CPU multiplier {9X, 8X, 7X), CPU
voltage, AND the PCI-E and memory clock speeds independently.) But with
your motherboard I think you should just dial it back to the trouble-free
3198 MHz and consider yourself lucky. Or you could consider replacing your
motherboard and perhaps get 3.6 GHz with your Pentium 4 3.0 GHz CPU when you
can raise the CPU core voltage and pick a higher FSB speed AND lock the PCI
bus speed to 33 MHz and the AGP bus speed to 66 MHz.

Phil Weldon

"Trevor L." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...
| On Jul 26, 1:18 pm, "Phil Weldon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
| > 'Trevor L.' wrote:
| >
| > | Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
| > | 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
| > | problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
| > | goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
| > | pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
| > |
| > | I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
| > | from a Hp Pavilion a362n.
| > _____
| >
| > It would help in finding an answer if you would DESCRIBE the sound
problem.
| > No sound? Garbled sound? High pitched whine? Crackling? ...? Does
the
| > application in use have any correlation with the ocurrence of the sound
| > problem?
| >
| > How are you overclocking using an HP Pavillion motherboard? Usually the
| > BIOS in a system from sold by a large manufacturer really doesn't have
much
| > in the way of the settings that make overclocking possible. If you have
| > done anything to modify the BIOS other than use an HP update, then that
| > could be the source of the problem. I'd guess from P4SD-LA that the
| > motherboard is something special that ASUS whipped up for HP, so your
best
| > source of information would have to be HP, not ASUS. As for using a 3.2
GHz
| > Pentium 4 EE in your motherboard, again HP would have to be your source
for
| > information. A motherboard ASUS made for a manufacturer like HP likely
does
| > not have all the options that an ASUS motherboard bought separately
would
| > have.
| >
| > Just some guesses, but if you haven't increased the CPU core voltage
| > slightly, that might help. You might also check the CPU and motherboard
| > temperatures, as well as the temperature of the air inside the system
case,
| > and increase ventilation if the readings are high.
| >
| > Phil Weldon
| >
| > "Trevor L." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
| >
| > news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
| > | Hi, Im Trevor. Im overclocking a Pentium 4 Northwood at 3Ghz to
| > | 3198Mhz. The problem is when I clock it to 3200, I start having
| > | problems with the sound. It works fine, then at random intervals, it
| > | goes away only to come back at another random time. I can't find any
| > | pattern with the problems. at 3198 everything works fine.
| > |
| > | I'm just wondering what causes that problem. The mobo is a P4SD-LA
| > | from a Hp Pavilion a362n.
| > |

| Im using CPUCool to overclock. The sound sounds normal when its
| working, and then when it isnt working, its just silent. You cant hear
| anything. As for cpu voltages, I cant change them. CPU-Z says the
| VCore is 3.184 volts, which I know is a lie because a month earlier it
| said the VCore was 1.1.

Trevor L.

On Jul 26, 6:59 pm, "Phil Weldon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> [...]
> would
> | > have.
> | >
> | > Just some guesses, but if you haven't increased the CPU core voltage
> | > slightly, that might help. You might also check the CPU and motherboard
> | > temperatures, as well as the temperature of the air inside the system
> case,
> | > and increase ventilation if the readings are high.
> | >
> | > Phil Weldon
> | >
> | > "Trevor L." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> | >
> | >news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> | > |
> | > |

> | Im using CPUCool to overclock. The sound sounds normal when its
> | working, and then when it isnt working, its just silent. You cant hear
> | anything. As for cpu voltages, I cant change them. CPU-Z says the
> | VCore is 3.184 volts, which I know is a lie because a month earlier it

Ive raised the FSB to 213Mhz from 200. It's a regular HP BIOS version
(3.28) and when i read 3200mhz the sound works intermittenly. I've
rechecked the vcore using a different program and it reads as
1.42volts. Since the mobo's max stock cpu is a 3.2Ghz p4 Northwood, I
might be better off buying the 3.2ghz cpu and running it at stock,
but, if I can save money by overclocking, Ill take the overclocker's
route. I overclocked my AMD 3200+ to 2.4Ghz and it was very unstable.
Even at 2.3 it was terrible. And besides, 2Mhz isnt much of a
difference between 3198 and 3200, is it? I just gotta find a way for
this mobo to keep the overclock when it shuts down. So i dont have to
keep resetting CPUCool. Do you know anyone who has flashed their p4sd-
la to a p4g800-v's bios? People say they have done it, and I keep
thinking ill do it someday, but then I see the risk of losing my only
really fast desktop I have if anything goes wrong.

Here's my cpu-z dump:

-------------------------
CPU-Z version 1.40.5
-------------------------

Processors Map

Number of processors 1
Number of threads 2

Processor 0
-- Core 0
-- Thread 0
-- Thread 1

Processors Information

Processor 1 (ID = 0)
Number of cores 1
Number of threads 2 (max 2)
Name Intel Pentium 4
Codename Northwood
Specification Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
Package Socket 478 mPGA (platform ID = 2h)
CPUID F.2.9
Extended CPUID F.2
Brand ID 9
Core Stepping D1
Technology 0.13 um
Core Speed 3199.4 MHz (15.0 x 213.3 MHz)
Rated Bus speed 853.2 MHz
Stock frequency 3000 MHz
Instructions sets MMX, SSE, SSE2
L1 Data cache 8 KBytes, 4-way set associative, 64-byte line size
Trace cache 12 Kuops, 8-way set associative
L2 cache 512 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
FID/VID Control no

Thread dumps

CPU Thread 0
APIC ID 0
Topology Processor ID 0, Core ID 0, Thread ID 0
Type 01001003h
Max CPUID level 00000002h
Max CPUID ext. level 80000004h

Function eax ebx ecx edx
0x00000000 0x00000002 0x756E6547 0x6C65746E 0x49656E69
0x00000001 0x00000F29 0x00020809 0x00004400 0xBFEBFBFF
0x00000002 0x665B5001 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x007B7040
0x80000000 0x80000004 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
0x80000001 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
0x80000002 0x20202020 0x20202020 0x20202020 0x6E492020
0x80000003 0x286C6574 0x50202952 0x69746E65 0x52286D75
0x80000004 0x20342029 0x20555043 0x30302E33 0x007A4847

MSR 0x0000001B edx = 0x00000000 eax = 0xFEE00900
MSR 0x00000017 edx = 0x000A0000 eax = 0x00000000
MSR 0x0000002C edx = 0x00000000 eax = 0x0F12000F
MSR 0x000001A0 edx = 0x00000000 eax = 0x00000089

CPU Thread 1
APIC ID 1
Topology Processor ID 0, Core ID 0, Thread ID 1
Type 01001003h
Max CPUID level 00000002h
Max CPUID ext. level 80000004h

Function eax ebx ecx edx
0x00000000 0x00000002 0x756E6547 0x6C65746E 0x49656E69
0x00000001 0x00000F29 0x01020809 0x00004400 0xBFEBFBFF
0x00000002 0x665B5001 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x007B7040
0x80000000 0x80000004 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
0x80000001 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000
0x80000002 0x20202020 0x20202020 0x20202020 0x6E492020
0x80000003 0x286C6574 0x50202952 0x69746E65 0x52286D75
0x80000004 0x20342029 0x20555043 0x30302E33 0x007A4847

MSR 0x0000001B edx = 0x00000000 eax = 0xFEE00800
MSR 0x00000017 edx = 0x000A0000 eax = 0x00000000
MSR 0x0000002C edx = 0x00000000 eax = 0x0F12000F
MSR 0x000001A0 edx = 0x00000000 eax = 0x00000089

Chipset

Northbridge Intel i865P/PE/G/i848P rev. A2
Southbridge Intel 82801EB (ICH5) rev. 02
Graphic Interface AGP
AGP Revision 3.0
AGP Transfer Rate 8x
AGP SBA supported, enabled
Memory Type DDR
Memory Size 1792 MBytes
Memory Frequency 170.6 MHz (5:4)
CAS# 2.5
RAS# to CAS# 3
RAS# Precharge 3
Cycle Time (tRAS) 7
Performance Mode enabled

MCHBAR dump
-----------

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 04 08 0C 10 14 18 1C 1C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
10 11 11 11 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 95 0D 9C 56 C6 42 14 00 71 02 00 20 01 80 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B0 08 04 41 00 30 08 04 00 30 08 04 00 04 05 20 00
C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Memory SPD

DIMM #1

General
Memory type DDR
Manufacturer (ID) Hyundai Electronics (AD00000000000000)
Size 512 MBytes
Max bandwidth PC2700 (166 MHz)
Part number HYMD264 646B8J-J
Serial number 1C1A8101
Manufacturing date Week 104/Year 26

Attributes
Number of banks 2
Data width 64 bits
Correction None
Registered no
Buffered no
EPP no

Timings table
Frequency (MHz) 133 166
CAS# 2.0 2.5
RAS# to CAS# delay 3 3
RAS# Precharge 3 3
TRAS 6 7

DIMM #2

General
Memory type DDR
Manufacturer (ID) Kingston (7F98000000000000)
Size 512 MBytes
Max bandwidth PC3200 (200 MHz)
Part number K
Serial number 552A3A74
Manufacturing date Week 12/Year 06

Attributes
Number of banks 2
Data width 64 bits
Correction None
Registered no
Buffered no
EPP no

Timings table
Frequency (MHz) 133 166 200
CAS# 2.0 2.5 3.0
RAS# to CAS# delay 2 3 3
RAS# Precharge 2 3 3
TRAS 6 7 8

DIMM #3

General
Memory type DDR
Manufacturer (ID) Nanya Technology (7F7F7F0B00000000)
Size 512 MBytes
Max bandwidth PC2700 (166 MHz)
Part number M2U51264DS8HB3G-6K
Manufacturing date Week 45/Year 03

Attributes
Number of banks 2
Data width 64 bits
Correction None
Registered no
Buffered no
EPP no

Timings table
Frequency (MHz) 133 166
CAS# 2.0 2.5
RAS# to CAS# delay 3 3
RAS# Precharge 3 3
TRAS 6 7

DIMM #4

General
Memory type DDR
Manufacturer (ID) Hyundai Electronics (AD0000BC00000000)
Size 256 MBytes
Max bandwidth PC2700 (166 MHz)
Part number HYMD232 646B8J-J
Serial number 608BC056
Manufacturing date Week 103/Year 39

Attributes
Number of banks 1
Data width 64 bits
Correction None
Registered no
Buffered no
EPP no

Timings table
Frequency (MHz) 133 166
CAS# 2.0 2.5
RAS# to CAS# delay 3 3
RAS# Precharge 3 3
TRAS 6 7

Dump Module #1
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 80 08 07 0D 0A 02 40 00 04 60 70 00 82 08 00 01
10 0E 04 0C 01 02 20 C0 75 70 00 00 48 30 48 2A 40
20 75 75 45 45 00 00 00 00 00 3C 48 30 2D 55 00 00
30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01
40 AD 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 48 59 4D 44 32 36 34
50 20 36 34 36 42 38 4A 2D 4A 20 20 20 30 1A 68 1C
60 1A 81 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 31 C2 00 00 00 38
70 53 34 36 4E 30 34 43 4F 32 20 31 30 00 00 00 00

Dump Module #2
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 80 08 07 0D 0A 02 40 00 04 50 65 00 82 08 00 01
10 0E 04 1C 01 02 20 00 60 70 75 75 38 28 38 28 40
20 60 60 40 40 00 00 00 00 00 37 46 20 28 50 00 00
30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 8C
40 7F 98 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 4B 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 0C 55
60 2A 3A 74 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Dump Module #3
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 80 08 07 0D 0A 02 40 00 04 60 70 00 82 08 00 01
10 0E 04 0C 01 02 20 00 75 70 00 00 48 30 48 2A 40
20 75 75 45 45 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0B
40 7F 7F 7F 0B 00 00 00 00 09 4D 32 55 35 31 32 36
50 34 44 53 38 48 42 33 47 2D 36 4B 00 00 03 2D 00
60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Dump Module #4
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 80 08 07 0D 0A 01 40 00 04 60 70 00 82 08 00 01
10 0E 04 0C 01 02 20 C0 75 70 00 00 48 30 48 2A 40
20 75 31 C2 C1 00 00 00 00 00 3C 48 30 2D 55 00 00
30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
40 AD 00 00 BC 00 00 00 00 02 48 59 4D 44 32 33 32
50 20 36 34 36 42 38 4A 2D 4A 20 20 20 30 27 67 60
60 8B C0 56 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Monitoring

Sensor Chip SMSC 6001

PCI Device List

Host Bridge
bus 0 (0x00), device 0 (0x00), function 0 (0x00)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x8086
Model ID 0x2570
Revision ID 0x02
PI 0x00
SubClass 0x00
BaseClass 0x06
Cache Line 0x00
Latency 0x00
Header 0x00
PCI header
Address 0 (memory) 0xF8000000
Subvendor ID 0x1043
Subsystem ID 0x80A5
Int. Line 0x00
Int. Pin 0x00
Capabilities
Vendor Dependant Capability
Offset E4h
AGP Capability
Offset A0h
Version 3.0
Status enabled
Transfer rate 8x (max 8x)
Queue lenght 1 (max 32)
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 86 80 70 25 06 00 90 20 02 00 00 06 00 00 00 00
10 08 00 00 F8 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A5 80
30 00 00 00 00 E4 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 00 02 08 00 40 80 1C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 10 11 11 11 01 33 33 00 00 00 00 00 00 0A 38 00
A0 02 00 30 00 1B 4A 00 1F 12 0B 00 00 00 00 00 00
B0 80 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 00 E0 07 00 20 10 00 00
C0 00 00 00 00 00 70 0E 24 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 02 28 04 0E 0B 0D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 40 01
E0 00 00 00 00 09 A0 06 21 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00
F0 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 68 0F 03 00 00 00 00 00

PCI to PCI Bridge
bus 0 (0x00), device 1 (0x01), function 0 (0x00)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x8086
Model ID 0x2571
Revision ID 0x02
PI 0x00
SubClass 0x04
BaseClass 0x06
Cache Line 0x00
Latency 0x40
Header 0x01
PCI header
Primary bus 0x00
Secondary bus 0x01
Int. Line 0x00
Int. Pin 0x00
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 86 80 71 25 07 01 A0 00 02 00 04 06 00 40 01 00
10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 01 40 F0 00 A0 22
20 80 FC 80 FE F0 D7 E0 F7 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00
40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 68 0F 03 00 00 00 00 00

System Device
bus 0 (0x00), device 6 (0x06), function 0 (0x00)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x8086
Model ID 0x2576
Revision ID 0x02
PI 0x00
SubClass 0x80
BaseClass 0x08
Cache Line 0x00
Latency 0x00
Header 0x00
PCI header
Address 0 (memory) 0xFECF0000
Subvendor ID 0x0000
Subsystem ID 0x0000
Int. Line 0x00
Int. Pin 0x00
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 86 80 76 25 02 00 80 00 02 00 80 08 00 00 00 00
10 00 00 CF FE 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
40 43 65 10 04 00 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 01 00 84 00 02 01 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 00 00 55 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 08 00
B0 00 00 00 00 F0 43 FC 7D 01 00 00 00 09 00 00 00
C0 00 08 00 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 3F
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 02 FF 0E 00 00 00 00 04 00
F0 00 0C 02 00 00 00 00 00 68 0F 03 00 74 FC 00 00

USB Controller (UHCI)
bus 0 (0x00), device 29 (0x1D), function 0 (0x00)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x8086
Model ID 0x24D2
Revision ID 0x02
PI 0x00
SubClass 0x03
BaseClass 0x0C
Cache Line 0x00
Latency 0x00
Header 0x80
PCI header
Address 4 (port) 0x0000E000
Subvendor ID 0x1043
Subsystem ID 0x80A6
Int. Line 0x10
Int. Pin 0x01
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 86 80 D2 24 05 00 80 02 02 00 03 0C 00 00 80 00
10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20 01 E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A6 80
30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 10 01 00 00
40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
C0 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 00 00

USB Controller (UHCI)
bus 0 (0x00), device 29 (0x1D), function 1 (0x01)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x8086
Model ID 0x24D4
Revision ID 0x02
PI 0x00
SubClass 0x03
BaseClass 0x0C
Cache Line 0x00
Latency 0x00
Header 0x00
PCI header
Address 4 (port) 0x0000E400
Subvendor ID 0x1043
Subsystem ID 0x80A6
Int. Line 0x13
Int. Pin 0x02
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 86 80 D4 24 05 00 80 02 02 00 03 0C 00 00 00 00
10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20 01 E4 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A6 80
30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 13 02 00 00
40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
C0 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 00 00

USB Controller (UHCI)
bus 0 (0x00), device 29 (0x1D), function 2 (0x02)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x8086
Model ID 0x24D7
Revision ID 0x02
PI 0x00
SubClass 0x03
BaseClass 0x0C
Cache Line 0x00
Latency 0x00
Header 0x00
PCI header
Address 4 (port) 0x0000E800
Subvendor ID 0x1043
Subsystem ID 0x80A6
Int. Line 0x12
Int. Pin 0x03
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 86 80 D7 24 05 00 80 02 02 00 03 0C 00 00 00 00
10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20 01 E8 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A6 80
30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 12 03 00 00
40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
C0 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 00 00

USB Controller (UHCI)
bus 0 (0x00), device 29 (0x1D), function 3 (0x03)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x8086
Model ID 0x24DE
Revision ID 0x02
PI 0x00
SubClass 0x03
BaseClass 0x0C
Cache Line 0x00
Latency 0x00
Header 0x00
PCI header
Address 4 (port) 0x0000EC00
Subvendor ID 0x1043
Subsystem ID 0x80A6
Int. Line 0x10
Int. Pin 0x01
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 86 80 DE 24 05 00 80 02 02 00 03 0C 00 00 00 00
10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20 01 EC 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A6 80
30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 10 01 00 00
40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
C0 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 00 00

USB 2.0 Controller (EHCI)
bus 0 (0x00), device 29 (0x1D), function 7 (0x07)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x8086
Model ID 0x24DD
Revision ID 0x02
PI 0x20
SubClass 0x03
BaseClass 0x0C
Cache Line 0x00
Latency 0x00
Header 0x00
PCI header
Address 0 (memory) 0xFEBFFC00
Subvendor ID 0x1043
Subsystem ID 0x80A6
Int. Line 0x17
Int. Pin 0x04
Capabilities
Power Management Capability
Offset 50h
Version 1.1
Debug Port Capability
Offset 58h
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 86 80 DD 24 06 01 90 02 02 20 03 0C 00 00 00 00
10 00 FC BF FE 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A6 80
30 00 00 00 00 50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 17 04 00 00
40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 01 58 C2 C9 00 00 00 00 0A 00 A0 20 00 00 00 00
60 20 20 FF 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 01 00 05 00 00 E0
70 00 00 FF 3F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 55 55 00 00 00 00 3F 00
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
F0 00 80 00 00 88 83 40 00 66 0F 04 00 06 14 00 00

PCI to PCI Bridge
bus 0 (0x00), device 30 (0x1E), function 0 (0x00)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x8086
Model ID 0x244E
Revision ID 0xC2
PI 0x00
SubClass 0x04
BaseClass 0x06
Cache Line 0x00
Latency 0x00
Header 0x01
PCI header
Primary bus 0x00
Secondary bus 0x02
Int. Line 0x00
Int. Pin 0x00
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 86 80 4E 24 07 01 80 00 C2 00 04 06 00 00 01 00
10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 02 40 A0 B0 80 22
20 90 FE A0 FE F0 FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 00
40 02 28 30 76 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 02 64 73 00 00 00 00 00 50 01 34 00 00 00 00 00
60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 8B 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B0 01 00 02 00 00 00 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 51 33

PCI to ISA Bridge
bus 0 (0x00), device 31 (0x1F), function 0 (0x00)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x8086
Model ID 0x24D0
Revision ID 0x02
PI 0x00
SubClass 0x01
BaseClass 0x06
Cache Line 0x00
Latency 0x00
Header 0x80
PCI header
Subvendor ID 0x0000
Subsystem ID 0x0000
Int. Line 0x00
Int. Pin 0x00
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 86 80 D0 24 0F 00 80 02 02 00 01 06 00 00 80 00
10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
40 01 08 00 00 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 81 04 00 00 10 00 00 00
60 8A 86 85 83 D0 00 00 00 80 8B 8B 8B 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 FF FC 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 20 02 00 00 01 00 00 00 0D 00 00 00 00 03 00 00
B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 00 00 00 00 00 00
C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 86 21 00 00 02 0F 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
E0 00 00 00 80 00 00 08 14 33 22 11 00 00 00 67 45
F0 00 00 40 00 04 00 00 00 66 0F 04 3E 00 00 00 00

IDE Controller
bus 0 (0x00), device 31 (0x1F), function 1 (0x01)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x8086
Model ID 0x24DB
Revision ID 0x02
PI 0x8A
SubClass 0x01
BaseClass 0x01
Cache Line 0x00
Latency 0x00
Header 0x00
PCI header
Address 4 (port) 0x0000FC00
Address 5 (memory) 0xFFEFFC00
Subvendor ID 0x1043
Subsystem ID 0x80A6
Int. Line 0x00
Int. Pin 0x01
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 86 80 DB 24 07 00 80 02 02 8A 01 01 00 00 00 00
10 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00
20 01 FC 00 00 00 FC EF FF 00 00 00 00 43 10 A6 80
30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00
40 77 E3 33 E3 BB 00 00 00 0F 00 11 22 00 00 00 00
50 00 00 00 00 30 30 30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 00 00

IDE Controller
bus 0 (0x00), device 31 (0x1F), function 2 (0x02)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x8086
Model ID 0x24D1
Revision ID 0x02
PI 0x8F
SubClass 0x01
BaseClass 0x01
Cache Line 0x00
Latency 0x00
Header 0x00
PCI header
Address 0 (port) 0x0000D400
Address 1 (port) 0x0000D000
Address 2 (port) 0x0000CC00
Address 3 (port) 0x0000C800
Address 4 (port) 0x0000C400
Subvendor ID 0x1043
Subsystem ID 0x80A6
Int. Line 0x12
Int. Pin 0x01
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 86 80 D1 24 05 00 A0 02 02 8F 01 01 00 00 00 00
10 01 D4 00 00 01 D0 00 00 01 CC 00 00 01 C8 00 00
20 01 C4 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A6 80
30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 12 01 00 00
40 00 80 00 80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 01 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 05 70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 00 00 03 00 20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 00 00

SMBus Controller
bus 0 (0x00), device 31 (0x1F), function 3 (0x03)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x8086
Model ID 0x24D3
Revision ID 0x02
PI 0x00
SubClass 0x05
BaseClass 0x0C
Cache Line 0x00
Latency 0x00
Header 0x00
PCI header
Address 4 (port) 0x00000400
Subvendor ID 0x1043
Subsystem ID 0x80A6
Int. Line 0x06
Int. Pin 0x02
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 86 80 D3 24 01 00 80 02 02 00 05 0C 00 00 00 00
10 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20 01 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 A6 80
30 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 02 00 00
40 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 00 00

Audio device
bus 0 (0x00), device 31 (0x1F), function 5 (0x05)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x8086
Model ID 0x24D5
Revision ID 0x02
PI 0x00
SubClass 0x01
BaseClass 0x04
Cache Line 0x00
Latency 0x00
Header 0x00
PCI header
Address 0 (port) 0x0000D800
Address 1 (port) 0x0000DC00
Address 2 (memory) 0xFEBFF800
Address 3 (memory) 0xFEBFF400
Subvendor ID 0x1043
Subsystem ID 0x8095
Int. Line 0x11
Int. Pin 0x02
Capabilities
Power Management Capability
Offset 50h
Version 1.1
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 86 80 D5 24 07 00 90 02 02 00 01 04 00 00 00 00
10 01 D8 00 00 01 DC 00 00 00 F8 BF FE 00 F4 BF FE
20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 95 80
30 00 00 00 00 50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 11 02 00 00
40 09 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 01 00 C2 C9 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 66 0F 04 00 00 00 00 00

VGA Controller
bus 1 (0x01), device 0 (0x00), function 0 (0x00)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x10DE
Model ID 0x0326
Revision ID 0xA1
PI 0x00
SubClass 0x00
BaseClass 0x03
Cache Line 0x00
Latency 0xF8
Header 0x00
PCI header
Address 0 (memory) 0xFD000000
Address 1 (memory) 0xE0000000
Subvendor ID 0x0000
Subsystem ID 0x0000
Int. Line 0x10
Int. Pin 0x01
Capabilities
Power Management Capability
Offset 60h
Version 1.1
AGP Capability
Offset 44h
Version 3.0
Status enabled
Transfer rate 8x (max 8x)
Queue lenght 1 (max 32)
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 DE 10 26 03 07 00 B0 02 A1 00 00 03 00 F8 00 00
10 00 00 00 FD 08 00 00 E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
30 00 00 8E FE 60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 10 01 05 01
40 00 00 00 00 02 00 30 00 1B 0E 00 1F 12 43 00 1F
50 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 CE D6 23 00 0F 00 00 00
60 01 44 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Mass storage Controller
bus 2 (0x02), device 10 (0x0A), function 0 (0x00)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x1095
Model ID 0x0680
Revision ID 0x02
PI 0x00
SubClass 0x80
BaseClass 0x01
Cache Line 0x01
Latency 0x40
Header 0x00
PCI header
Address 0 (port) 0x0000BC00
Address 1 (port) 0x0000B800
Address 2 (port) 0x0000B400
Address 3 (port) 0x0000B000
Address 4 (port) 0x0000AC00
Address 5 (memory) 0xFEAFFC00
Subvendor ID 0x1095
Subsystem ID 0x0680
Int. Line 0x16
Int. Pin 0x01
Capabilities
Power Management Capability
Offset 60h
Version 1.1
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 95 10 80 06 07 01 90 02 02 00 80 01 01 40 00 00
10 01 BC 00 00 01 B8 00 00 01 B4 00 00 01 B0 00 00
20 01 AC 00 00 00 FC AF FE 00 00 00 00 95 10 80 06
30 00 00 A0 FE 60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 16 01 00 00
40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 01 00 22 06 00 40 00 64 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 20 00 18 70 F5 08 00 00 20 00 A8 70 F5 08
80 23 00 00 00 23 00 00 00 00 00 11 00 C2 78 86 47
90 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00 00
A0 00 62 C1 10 8A 32 8A 32 92 43 92 43 07 00 00 00
B0 00 62 C1 10 8A 32 8A 32 92 43 92 43 07 00 00 00
C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

OHCI FireWire Controller
bus 2 (0x02), device 14 (0x0E), function 0 (0x00)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x104C
Model ID 0x8023
Revision ID 0x00
PI 0x10
SubClass 0x00
BaseClass 0x0C
Cache Line 0x04
Latency 0x40
Header 0x00
PCI header
Address 0 (memory) 0xFEAFF000
Address 1 (memory) 0xFEAF8000
Subvendor ID 0x1043
Subsystem ID 0x808B
Int. Line 0x15
Int. Pin 0x01
Capabilities
Power Management Capability
Offset 44h
Version 1.1
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 4C 10 23 80 16 01 10 02 00 10 00 0C 04 40 00 00
10 00 F0 AF FE 00 80 AF FE 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 8B 80
30 00 00 00 00 44 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 15 01 03 04
40 00 00 00 00 01 00 02 7E 00 80 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 00 00 00
F0 10 00 00 00 02 10 00 00 43 10 8B 80 00 00 01 01

Ethernet Controller
bus 2 (0x02), device 15 (0x0F), function 0 (0x00)
Common header
Vendor ID 0x10EC
Model ID 0x8139
Revision ID 0x10
PI 0x00
SubClass 0x00
BaseClass 0x02
Cache Line 0x00
Latency 0x40
Header 0x00
PCI header
Address 0 (port) 0x0000A800
Address 1 (memory) 0xFEAFCC00
Subvendor ID 0x1043
Subsystem ID 0x80B3
Int. Line 0x13
Int. Pin 0x01
Capabilities
Power Management Capability
Offset 50h
Version 1.1
Dump
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
00 EC 10 39 81 05 01 90 02 10 00 00 02 00 40 00 00
10 01 A8 00 00 00 CC AF FE 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
20 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 43 10 B3 80
30 00 00 00 00 50 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 13 01 20 40
40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
50 01 00 C2 F7 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
70 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
90 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
A0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
B0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
D0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
E0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
F0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

DMI

DMI BIOS
--------
vendor American Megatrends Inc.
version 3.28
date 08/27/2004

DMI System Information
----------------------
manufacturer HP Pavilion 061
product DN004A-ABA A362N
version 0nC1211RE101YALE 10
serial MXK343108S NA300
UUID 0087723F-8599D811-BECA8AE1-27278698

DMI Baseboard
-------------
vendor ASUSTeK Computer INC.
model Yale
revision 1.xx
serial X312345678

DMI System Enclosure
--------------------
manufacturer Chassis Manufacture
chassis type Desktop
chassis serial Chassis Serial Number

DMI Processor
-------------
manufacturer Intel
model Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
clock speed 3000.0MHz
FSB speed 200.0MHz
multiplier 15.0x

DMI Memory Controller
---------------------
correction 64-bit ECC
Max module size 512MBytes

DMI Memory Module
-----------------
designation DIMM0
size 512MBytes (double bank)

DMI Memory Module
-----------------
designation DIMM1
size 512MBytes (double bank)

DMI Memory Module
-----------------
designation DIMM2
size 512MBytes (double bank)

DMI Memory Module
-----------------
designation DIMM3
size 256MBytes (single bank)

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation PS2Mouse (external)
port type Mouse Port
connector PS/2

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation Keyboard (external)
port type Keyboard Port
connector PS/2

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation USB1 (external)
port type USB
connector Access Bus (USB)

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation USB2 (external)
port type USB
connector Access Bus (USB)

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation LPT 1 (external)
port type Parallel Port ECP/EPP
connector DB-25 male

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation COM A (external)
port type Serial Port 16550A
connector DB-9 male

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation Audio Mic In (external)
port type Audio Port
connector Mini Jack (headphones)

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation Audio Line In (external)
port type Audio Port
connector Mini Jack (headphones)

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation J6B1 - AUX IN (internal)
port type Audio Port
connector On Board Sound Input From CD-ROM

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation J6B2 - CDIN (internal)
port type Audio Port
connector On Board Sound Input From CD-ROM

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation J6J2 - PRI IDE (internal)
connector On Board IDE

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation J6J1 - SEC IDE (internal)
connector On Board IDE

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation J4J1 - FLOPPY (internal)
connector On Board Floppy

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation J9H1 - FRONT PNL (internal)
connector 9 Pin Dual Inline (pin 10 cut)

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation J1B1 - CHASSIS REAR FAN (internal)

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation J2F1 - CPU FAN (internal)

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation J8B4 - FRONT FAN (internal)

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation J9G2 - FNT USB (internal)

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation J6C3 - FP AUD (internal)

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation J9G1 - CONFIG (internal)

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation J8C1 - SCSI LED (internal)

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation J9J2 - INTRUDER (internal)

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation J9G4 - ITP (internal)

DMI Port Connector
------------------
designation J2H1 - MAIN POWER (internal)

DMI Extension Slot
------------------
designation AGP
type AGP 4x
width 32 bits
populated yes

DMI Extension Slot
------------------
designation PCI1
type PCI
width 32 bits
populated no

DMI Extension Slot
------------------
designation PCI2
type PCI
width 32 bits
populated yes

DMI Extension Slot
------------------
designation PCI3
type PCI
width 32 bits
populated no

DMI Physical Memory Array
-------------------------
location Motherboard
usage System Memory
correction None
max capacity 4096MBytes
max# of devices 4

DMI Memory Device
-----------------
designation DIMM0
format DIMM
type DDR
total width 64bits
data width 64bits
size 512MBytes

DMI Memory Device
-----------------
designation DIMM1
format DIMM
type DDR
total width 64bits
data width 64bits
size 512MBytes

DMI Memory Device
-----------------
designation DIMM2
format DIMM
type DDR
total width 64bits
data width 64bits
size 512MBytes

DMI Memory Device
-----------------
designation DIMM3
format DIMM
type DDR
total width 64bits
data width 64bits
size 256MBytes

Software

Windows Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2
(Build 2600)
DirectX Version 9.0c

Resources

Port I/O Space, BA=0xCF8, size=0x8
Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000F8000000
Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FECF0000
Port I/O Space, BA=0xE000
Port I/O Space, BA=0xE400
Port I/O Space, BA=0xE800
Port I/O Space, BA=0xEC00
Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FEBFFC00
Port I/O Space, BA=0xFC00
Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FFEFFC00
Port I/O Space, BA=0xD400
Port I/O Space, BA=0xD000
Port I/O Space, BA=0xCC00
Port I/O Space, BA=0xC800
Port I/O Space, BA=0xC400
Port I/O Space, BA=0x400
Port I/O Space, BA=0xD800
Port I/O Space, BA=0xDC00
Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FEBFF800
Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FEBFF400
Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FD000000
Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000E0000000
Port I/O Space, BA=0xBC00
Port I/O Space, BA=0xB800
Port I/O Space, BA=0xB400
Port I/O Space, BA=0xB000
Port I/O Space, BA=0xAC00
Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FEAFFC00
Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FEAFF000
Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FEAF8000
Port I/O Space, BA=0xA800
Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FEAFCC00
Port I/O Space, BA=0x808, size=0x4
Memory I/O Space, BA=0x00000000FEE00000, size=0x1000

Phil Weldon

'Trevor L.' wrote, in part:
| Ive raised the FSB to 213Mhz from 200. It's a regular HP BIOS version
| (3.28) and when i read 3200mhz the sound works intermittenly. I've
| rechecked the vcore using a different program and it reads as
| 1.42volts. Since the mobo's max stock cpu is a 3.2Ghz p4 Northwood, I
| might be better off buying the 3.2ghz cpu and running it at stock,
| but, if I can save money by overclocking, Ill take the overclocker's
| route. I overclocked my AMD 3200+ to 2.4Ghz and it was very unstable.
| Even at 2.3 it was terrible. And besides, 2Mhz isnt much of a
| difference between 3198 and 3200, is it? I just gotta find a way for
| this mobo to keep the overclock when it shuts down. So i dont have to
| keep resetting CPUCool. Do you know anyone who has flashed their p4sd-
| la to a p4g800-v's bios? People say they have done it, and I keep
| thinking ill do it someday, but then I see the risk of losing my only
| really fast desktop I have if anything goes wrong.
_____

Some of the additional information helps.

So you are using a software on-the-fly clock control to dynamically change
the FSB speed. That would be why you have to reset it upon reboot. I've
never used such a method, but I'd guess you could set the program to run on
startup. Since you are using dynamic clock control, I'd also guess that
there is no way to lock the PCI and AGP bus speeds so both of those buses
are overclocked also (for 3200 MHz, PCI = 35.7 MHz & AGP = 71.3 MHz.) The
AGP bus can be overclocked by quite a bit, perhaps to 100 MHz, with no bad
effect, though there no gain in performance. The PCI bus begins to give
trouble to ATA hard drive controllers above 37 or 38 MHz. Perhaps with your
motherboard and PCI > 35.5 MHz is on the edge of causing audio problems (the
audio adapter would be connected to the PCI bus.) This is only a guess.

As far as flashing the BIOS with a file designed for a different
motherboard, that would be risky. One way of eliminating the risk - it is
possible to buy a duplicate BIOS (and even a BIOS socket adapter that allows
switching between two BIOS chips.) With this backup you could safely risk
flashing to what might be an incompatible file.

However a duplicate BIOS would cost ~ $25. For less than $100 you can
probably get an overclocking friendly replacement motherboard that would
guarantee many advantages that a BIOS flash, even if successful, could not.

Depending on budget, I think your sensible options are

stick with the current system and 3195 MHz (set CPUCool to run on
startup {free})

replace the motherboard ($50 to $100 US)

build a new system (E4300 Core 2 Duo @ 2.7 GHz, 1 GByte DDR2-800 memory,
motherboard for $250 US or less {plus the upgrade to a PCI-E video card})

> [...]

a 1
| > GHz or 56% overclock, a very simple task since with an overclocking
friendly
| > motherboard I can change the FSB speed, CPU multiplier {9X, 8X, 7X), CPU
| > voltage, AND the PCI-E and memory clock speeds independently.) But with
| > your motherboard I think you should just dial it back to the
trouble-free
| > 3198 MHz and consider yourself lucky. Or you could consider replacing
your
| > motherboard and perhaps get 3.6 GHz with your Pentium 4 3.0 GHz CPU when
you
| > can raise the CPU core voltage and pick a higher FSB speed AND lock the
PCI
| > bus speed to 33 MHz and the AGP bus speed to 66 MHz.
| >
| > Phil Weldon
| >
| > "Trevor L." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

| > | > |

| Ive raised the FSB to 213Mhz from 200. It's a regular HP BIOS version
| (3.28) and when i read 3200mhz the sound works intermittenly. I've
| rechecked the vcore using a different program and it reads as
| 1.42volts. Since the mobo's max stock cpu is a 3.2Ghz p4 Northwood, I
| might be better off buying the 3.2ghz cpu and running it at stock,
| but, if I can save money by overclocking, Ill take the overclocker's
| route. I overclocked my AMD 3200+ to 2.4Ghz and it was very unstable.
| Even at 2.3 it was terrible. And besides, 2Mhz isnt much of a
| difference between 3198 and 3200, is it? I just gotta find a way for
| this mobo to keep the overclock when it shuts down. So i dont have to
| keep resetting CPUCool. Do you know anyone who has flashed their p4sd-
| la to a p4g800-v's bios? People say they have done it, and I keep
| thinking ill do it someday, but then I see the risk of losing my only
| really fast desktop I have if anything goes wrong.

Ed Medlin

"Phil Weldon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JKeqi.11236$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...
> [...]
> allows
> switching between two BIOS chips.) With this backup you could safely
> risk
> flashing to what might be an incompatible file.
>
> However a duplicate BIOS would cost ~ $25. For less than $100 you can
> probably get an overclocking friendly replacement motherboard that
> would
> guarantee many advantages that a BIOS flash, even if successful, could
> not.
>
> Depending on budget, I think your sensible options are
>
> stick with the current system and 3195 MHz (set CPUCool to run on
> startup {free})
>
> replace the motherboard ($50 to $100 US)
>
> build a new system (E4300 Core 2 Duo @ 2.7 GHz, 1 GByte DDR2-800
> memory,
> motherboard for $250 US or less {plus the upgrade to a PCI-E video

I tend to agree with Phil with the exception of possibly replacing
the MB since you may have some problems with the proprietory aspects of
the HP in some of their systems. You seem to have enough knowledge to
build your own system with components that YOU would like. The differnce
between 3195MHz and 3200MHz is not enough to even notice and I would
leave it there for now and put some cash away for a Core 2 Duo system
and an overclocking friendly motherboard like the Nvidia 680i or
comparible MB. Once you build your first system you will be hooked and I
would doubt you would ever think of buying a prebuilt system again. It
isn't rocket science when it comes to building your own and there are
also a lot of folks here to help you out if you have any issues.

Ed

Trevor L.

On Jul 27, 8:07 am, "Ed Medlin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> [...]

> > card})

> > Phil Weldon

> I tend to agree with Phil with the exception of possibly replacing
> the MB since you may have some problems with the proprietory aspects of
> the HP in some of their systems. You seem to have enough knowledge to
> build your own system with components that YOU would like. The differnce
> between 3195MHz and 3200MHz is not enough to even notice and I would
> leave it there for now and put some cash away for a Core 2 Duo system
> and an overclocking friendly motherboard like the Nvidia 680i or
> comparible MB. Once you build your first system you will be hooked and I
> would doubt you would ever think of buying a prebuilt system again. It
> isn't rocket science when it comes to building your own and there are
> also a lot of folks here to help you out if you have any issues.

yea I think I should invest in a core 2 duo or something like
that...with a Geforce 8800.
I need alot of power if I'm going to be running FS-X on two monitors
at 1280x1024 @ 75hz each. I still dont get why Microsoft doesnt let FS-
X run on both cpu threads. It probably would run smoother with a
higher fps, more like 20, instead of 5. I saw Newegg had a dual quad
core mobo once. I think it was this one,
but I think it was a dual AMD FX I saw. But, what's the point in an 8-
core pc if the program youre gonna be running is coded for single
cpus? Well ill save up all my money for a good system.