Soundstorm (AN7) Rearspeakers

F r e e

Hi!

my 2 rear speakers produce always same sounds same time (during speaker tests)
My front and my subwoofer channels are fine (although front left has always a lower volume...?
Have tried different things (4 and 6 speaker setups, etc) No clue....

Help! Thanks!

--
F r e e
I get my kicks in the quick flip-flops!

borolad@myowseintheboro.org

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:26:57 +0200, "F r e e" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi!

>my 2 rear speakers produce always same sounds same time (during speaker tests)
>My front and my subwoofer channels are fine (although front left has always a lower volume...?
>Have tried different things (4 and 6 speaker setups, etc) No clue....

>Help! Thanks!

I dont't know about the AN7 but it has the nForce2 MCP2-T chipset so
try the following :

From the back of the amp, two wires go into the computer :
-put the black in blue, and;
-put the green in green

From the nForce2 Control Panel :
-select No#1 'rear speakers connected to line in' double click speaker
icon brhs/advanced
-select 'no digital' output in 'speaker setup' in nForce Control Panel

BoroLad

F r e e

gonna try that later, must be something with cables (no colorcode cables, just homemade)
i use latest (beta) NVmixer, it has less options than former version, ...... :-?

--
<(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:26:57 +0200, "F r e e" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi!

> >my 2 rear speakers produce always same sounds same time (during speaker tests)
> >My front and my subwoofer channels are fine (although front left has always a lower volume...?
> >Have tried different things (4 and 6 speaker setups, etc) No clue....

> >Help! Thanks!

> I dont't know about the AN7 but it has the nForce2 MCP2-T chipset so
> try the following :
>
> From the back of the amp, two wires go into the computer :
> -put the black in blue, and;
> -put the green in green
>
> From the nForce2 Control Panel :
> -select No#1 'rear speakers connected to line in' double click speaker
> icon brhs/advanced
> -select 'no digital' output in 'speaker setup' in nForce Control Panel
>
> BoroLad

lazya

Hey, I'm going to pick up an AN7 next week, any problems with it besides the sound? If the sound is
OK I'm thinking about using the Soundstorm and selling my Audigy Platinum. For cost reasons.
"F r e e" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:c5lia4$2sap5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
gonna try that later, must be something with cables (no colorcode cables, just homemade)
i use latest (beta) NVmixer, it has less options than former version, ..... :-?

--
F r e e
I get my kicks in the quick flip-flops!
<(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:26:57 +0200, "F r e e" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hi!

> >my 2 rear speakers produce always same sounds same time (during speaker tests)
> >My front and my subwoofer channels are fine (although front left has always a lower volume...?
> >Have tried different things (4 and 6 speaker setups, etc) No clue....

> >Help! Thanks!

> I dont't know about the AN7 but it has the nForce2 MCP2-T chipset so
> try the following :
>
> From the back of the amp, two wires go into the computer :
> -put the black in blue, and;
> -put the green in green
>
> From the nForce2 Control Panel :
> -select No#1 'rear speakers connected to line in' double click speaker
> icon brhs/advanced
> -select 'no digital' output in 'speaker setup' in nForce Control Panel
>
> BoroLad

F r e e

hi!
the AN7 Ultra 400 is supergreat, i have nothing against it. I'm using the nvidia sound, my Audigy 2 may be sold.
I listen to music, movies and play games and its perfect (4.1 speakers, no Dolby amps or wathever)

Actualy i have no problems at all beside the rear speaker (a cable issue i think)

And when i first started the new mobo i had some keyboard and mouse problems during post and bios, realy don't know why. I suggest using a PS2 keyboard and mouse, my USB wasn't alsways working

--
"lazya" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje news:c5lj02$31mbj$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> Hey, I'm going to pick up an AN7 next week, any problems with it besides the sound? If the sound is
> OK I'm thinking about using the Soundstorm and selling my Audigy Platinum. For cost reasons.
> "F r e e" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:c5lia4$2sap5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> gonna try that later, must be something with cables (no colorcode cables, just homemade)
> i use latest (beta) NVmixer, it has less options than former version, ...... :-?
>
> --
> F r e e
> I get my kicks in the quick flip-flops!
> <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:26:57 +0200, "F r e e" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi!

> > >my 2 rear speakers produce always same sounds same time (during speaker tests)
> > >My front and my subwoofer channels are fine (although front left has always a lower volume...?
> > >Have tried different things (4 and 6 speaker setups, etc) No clue....

> > >Help! Thanks!

> > I dont't know about the AN7 but it has the nForce2 MCP2-T chipset so
> > try the following :
> >
> > From the back of the amp, two wires go into the computer :
> > -put the black in blue, and;
> > -put the green in green
> >
> > From the nForce2 Control Panel :
> > -select No#1 'rear speakers connected to line in' double click speaker
> > icon brhs/advanced
> > -select 'no digital' output in 'speaker setup' in nForce Control Panel
> >
> > BoroLad

lazya

Thanks,I think I will have to go for it. Mike

"F r e e" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:c5m0k1$34lc2$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
hi!
the AN7 Ultra 400 is supergreat, i have nothing against it. I'm using the nvidia sound, my Audigy 2
may be sold.
I listen to music, movies and play games and its perfect (4.1 speakers, no Dolby amps or wathever)

Actualy i have no problems at all beside the rear speaker (a cable issue i think)

And when i first started the new mobo i had some keyboard and mouse problems during post and bios,
realy don't know why. I suggest using a PS2 keyboard and mouse, my USB wasn't alsways working

--
F r e e
I get my kicks in the quick flip-flops!
"lazya" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje news:c5lj02$31mbj$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> Hey, I'm going to pick up an AN7 next week, any problems with it besides the sound? If the sound

is
> OK I'm thinking about using the Soundstorm and selling my Audigy Platinum. For cost reasons.
> "F r e e" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:c5lia4$2sap5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> gonna try that later, must be something with cables (no colorcode cables, just homemade)
> i use latest (beta) NVmixer, it has less options than former version, ..... :-?
>
> --
> F r e e
> I get my kicks in the quick flip-flops!
> <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:26:57 +0200, "F r e e" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi!

> > >my 2 rear speakers produce always same sounds same time (during speaker tests)
> > >My front and my subwoofer channels are fine (although front left has always a lower volume...?
> > >Have tried different things (4 and 6 speaker setups, etc) No clue....

> > >Help! Thanks!

> > I dont't know about the AN7 but it has the nForce2 MCP2-T chipset so
> > try the following :
> >
> > From the back of the amp, two wires go into the computer :
> > -put the black in blue, and;
> > -put the green in green
> >
> > From the nForce2 Control Panel :
> > -select No#1 'rear speakers connected to line in' double click speaker
> > icon brhs/advanced
> > -select 'no digital' output in 'speaker setup' in nForce Control Panel
> >
> > BoroLad

lazya

I'm sure you have checked this, but it doesn't hurt to ask..
The board’s CD_IN, AUX_IN, and front panel audio connectors are located above and between PCI slots
2 and 3. Note that the rear panel audio ports will not function unless pins 5/6 and 9/10 on the
front panel audio header are jumpered. The onboard IEEE 1394 header is located to the right of PCI
slot 1.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTU3

"lazya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:c5m5uv$3anke$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Thanks,I think I will have to go for it. Mike
>
> "F r e e" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:c5m0k1$34lc2$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> hi!
> the AN7 Ultra 400 is supergreat, i have nothing against it. I'm using the nvidia sound, my Audigy

2
> may be sold.
> I listen to music, movies and play games and its perfect (4.1 speakers, no Dolby amps or

wathever)

> Actualy i have no problems at all beside the rear speaker (a cable issue i think)
>
> And when i first started the new mobo i had some keyboard and mouse problems during post and bios,
> realy don't know why. I suggest using a PS2 keyboard and mouse, my USB wasn't alsways working
>
> --
> F r e e
> I get my kicks in the quick flip-flops!
> "lazya" <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje

news:c5lj02$31mbj$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> > Hey, I'm going to pick up an AN7 next week, any problems with it besides the sound? If the sound

> is
> > OK I'm thinking about using the Soundstorm and selling my Audigy Platinum. For cost reasons.
> > "F r e e" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:c5lia4$2sap5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > gonna try that later, must be something with cables (no colorcode cables, just homemade)
> > i use latest (beta) NVmixer, it has less options than former version, ..... :-?
> >
> > --
> > F r e e
> > I get my kicks in the quick flip-flops!
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> escribió en el mensaje
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

volume...?

> > > I dont't know about the AN7 but it has the nForce2 MCP2-T chipset so
> > > try the following :
> > >
> > > From the back of the amp, two wires go into the computer :
> > > -put the black in blue, and;
> > > -put the green in green
> > >
> > > From the nForce2 Control Panel :
> > > -select No#1 'rear speakers connected to line in' double click speaker
> > > icon brhs/advanced
> > > -select 'no digital' output in 'speaker setup' in nForce Control Panel
> > >
> > > BoroLad

F r e e

Thanks dear!
No, its fine now, my wife passed the vaccuum cleaner under the desk, and voila... the rear speakers are working fine now! LOL It was a conection problem then,...