SoYo BIOS / CMOS

FNGodfrey@yahoo.com

I am looking for the BIOS / CMOS chips
for the [SoYo] SY-P4I 845PE V1.0 motherboard

yes -- the old chips are fryed :-(
(and I like this motherboard and the BIOS it came with

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks!

Francis N Godfrey

(E-Mail Removed)

Paul

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am looking for the BIOS / CMOS chips
> for the [SoYo] SY-P4I 845PE V1.0 motherboard
>
> yes -- the old chips are fryed :-(
> (and I like this motherboard and the BIOS it came with
>
> PLEASE HELP!!
>
> Thanks!
>

> Francis N Godfrey
>
> (E-Mail Removed)

http://www.soyousa.com/content/Downl...=151&l=English

There are two BIOS files. The ".bin" file is 262,144 bytes, which
means it is exactly the size of a 256KB BIOS chip. The ".exe"
file is a ZIP self-extractor, containing a 256KB .bin file and
an Award flasher program.

You can contact badflash.com and give them the details. For
about $30 or so, they can furnish a new BIOS chip, with either
the 845p2aa2.bin or 845p2aa1.bin BIOS image. You send them a
pointer to the file, but you also have to tell them what kind of
chip you want. It is best, if the chip type exactly matches, because
the BIOS flashing programs will only work with the correct chip
types in usage.

(Motherboard manual)
http://www.soyousa.com/uploads/downl...p4i845pe10.pdf

The chip in the upper left of this picture, could be the BIOS chip.
It must be socketed, to be easily replaced. If the chip is not in a
socket, then buying a new chip and installing it, would require
soldering skills. So your first task, is to verify the chip in
the upper left corner of this picture is in a socket. Then,
record the details written on the top of the chip. It could be,
for example, an SST brand chip of 256KB size. When you put the
new chip in, it has to have exactly the same orientation as the
old chip.

http://www.motherboards.org/images/m...oards/5789.jpg

The "dot" on the chip, should align with a "triangle" symbol on
the socket. That aligns pin 1 to pin 1. The chip in this picture
is a 32-PLCC.

http://www.qsisolutions.com/image/pr...echip-0511.jpg

You can purchase a PLCC extraction tool, and this is the proper
tool for extracting a chip without damage. Or, you can use a pointed
tool, as shown in the previous picture, being careful to alternate
between diagonal corners when easing the chip out. In this picture,
you can see the two hooked legs of a PLCC extractor. The hooks fit
underneath the corners of the chip, and help you pull it
upwards.

http://www.qsisolutions.com/image/pr...p-mikado-2.jpg

Good luck,
Paul

Re: A7N8X Deluxe V2.0: CMOS checksum error/No reboot after changing CMOS settings/Correct settings for XP2400+ Peter van der Goes Asus 1 05-05-2008 03:53 PM
Re: SoYo BIOS / CMOS Paul Soyo 0 04-26-2008 08:32 PM
SoYo BIOS / CMOS FNGodfrey@yahoo.com Soyo 0 04-26-2008 08:40 AM
I need to know how to get to Armanda 7400 Cmos Battery to clear the Cmos. cen04543 Compaq 4 02-20-2006 10:31 AM
BIOS Recovery for Soyo Dragon Plus - DONT SCRAP YOUR MOTHERBOARD Techy Soyo 4 08-25-2003 08:52 AM