Soyo K7VTA-Pro V1.0 & AMD 2200+

G. Adams

Greetings Everybody,

I recently migrated to a Soyo MB from a FIC MB. All peripherals
went along for the trip.

My FIC board ran with an AMD K6 engine of 550 horsepower.

My Soyo board is running on a presumtpive stallion AMD 2200+ .

My OS = Millenium with 5400 rpm HDs and Diamond video card.

I thought there would be a significant increase in application
programs biting at the bits to get off to the races. Yet programs
appear to launch from the starting gate as before their migration.

Now, I says to myself, is that all there is to an AMD 2200+ ?

I'd like some perspectives from the guru(s) hereabouts as to
why my system is hamstrung for lack of increased productivity speeds.

Cheers,

ga

JOHN

"G. Adams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Greetings Everybody,
>
> I recently migrated to a Soyo MB from a FIC MB. All peripherals
> went along for the trip.
>
> My FIC board ran with an AMD K6 engine of 550 horsepower.
>
> My Soyo board is running on a presumtpive stallion AMD 2200+ .
>
> My OS = Millenium with 5400 rpm HDs and Diamond video card.
>
> I thought there would be a significant increase in application
> programs biting at the bits to get off to the races. Yet programs
> appear to launch from the starting gate as before their migration.
>
> Now, I says to myself, is that all there is to an AMD 2200+ ?
>
> I'd like some perspectives from the guru(s) hereabouts as to
> why my system is hamstrung for lack of increased productivity speeds.
>
> Cheers,
>
> ga

Mr. Adams
You failed to list your specs....including memory, memory speed,
memory settings, bus speed ect....... OH Yeah! and you are running
Millenium ( Worst microsoft os to date) and you are using a 5400 rpm
hard drive (slow outdated) Good luck in your need for speed!

G. Adams

Greetings John,

My Soyo BIOS registers my AMD 2200+ at full power.

An AMD 2200+ CPU should make a significant difference over an
AMD K6-550 systemically in any OS notwithstanding its configuration.
Surely driver etc execution times matter in overall system performance.
So there should not have to be a reliance on increased memory speed,
increased HD speed nor increased video card speed - $$$ - to help coax
the AMD 2200+ along to realizing its optimal potential - especially
when a given system is not configured for game-playing and such.

Essentially then, why an AMD 2200+ 'runs' Millennium virtually
as well as an AMD K6-550 remains a mystery to me.

ga

JOHN wrote:

> "G. Adams" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Greetings Everybody,
> >
> > I recently migrated to a Soyo MB from a FIC MB. All peripherals
> > went along for the trip.
> >
> > My FIC board ran with an AMD K6 engine of 550 horsepower.
> >
> > My Soyo board is running on a presumtpive stallion AMD 2200+ .
> >
> > My OS = Millenium with 5400 rpm HDs and Diamond video card.
> >
> > I thought there would be a significant increase in application
> > programs biting at the bits to get off to the races. Yet programs
> > appear to launch from the starting gate as before their migration.
> >
> > Now, I says to myself, is that all there is to an AMD 2200+ ?
> >
> > I'd like some perspectives from the guru(s) hereabouts as to
> > why my system is hamstrung for lack of increased productivity speeds.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > ga

> Mr. Adams
> You failed to list your specs....including memory, memory speed,
> memory settings, bus speed ect....... OH Yeah! and you are running
> Millenium ( Worst microsoft os to date) and you are using a 5400 rpm
> hard drive (slow outdated) Good luck in your need for speed!

Matt

G. Adams wrote:
> Greetings Everybody,
>
> I recently migrated to a Soyo MB from a FIC MB. All peripherals
> went along for the trip.
>
> My FIC board ran with an AMD K6 engine of 550 horsepower.
>
> My Soyo board is running on a presumtpive stallion AMD 2200+ .
>
> My OS = Millenium with 5400 rpm HDs and Diamond video card.
>
> I thought there would be a significant increase in application
> programs biting at the bits to get off to the races. Yet programs
> appear to launch from the starting gate as before their migration.
>
> Now, I says to myself, is that all there is to an AMD 2200+ ?
>
> I'd like some perspectives from the guru(s) hereabouts as to
> why my system is hamstrung for lack of increased productivity speeds.
>
> Cheers,
>
> ga

Very entertaining.

Next try restating your problem in a straightforward style with all the
plausibly-relevant details, and maybe somebody can help you. :-)

Hawkeye

A few years back I went from a FIC VA-503/K6II-550 to a K7VTA
Pro/XP1800, all running W2K, and the difference between the two
systems was noticeable and significant. Same memory, HD, etc.

G. Adams

Greetings Hawkeye

That's the type phenomenon I expected from my AMD 2200+ over
the AMD K6-550.

Thanks for sharing your experience,

ga