Soyo SY-KT600 Dragon plus 2.0/Nvidia GForce 6200a

Blackwell

Posted this on the Nvidia forums, and tried to email Soyo tech support
with this question, but have not received a response, so going to try
it here....
I have a SY-KT600 dragon plus 2.0 board, and recently picked up a XFX
Gforce 6200a 512 meg video card to put in it, and my 2 questions are
these....
1) The AGP slot apature only opens up to 256....How can I get it to
open to 512 to fully take advantage of the card?
2) How do I tell if the AGP slot is set for 8x? Is it automatic or is
there a setting that I have to change? There is no 8x/4x setting in
the CMOS.
BIOS version is AMI 7.00t
AMD 3200+ processor
2 gigs PC3200 ram
Windows XP pro

Thanks in advance for any replies

Louie

Blackwell wrote:
> Posted this on the Nvidia forums, and tried to email Soyo tech support
> with this question, but have not received a response, so going to try
> it here....
> I have a SY-KT600 dragon plus 2.0 board, and recently picked up a XFX
> Gforce 6200a 512 meg video card to put in it, and my 2 questions are
> these....
> 1) The AGP slot apature only opens up to 256....How can I get it to
> open to 512 to fully take advantage of the card?
> 2) How do I tell if the AGP slot is set for 8x? Is it automatic or is
> there a setting that I have to change? There is no 8x/4x setting in
> the CMOS.
> BIOS version is AMI 7.00t
> AMD 3200+ processor
> 2 gigs PC3200 ram
> Windows XP pro
>
> Thanks in advance for any replies

Have you looked in Control Panel, Display, Settings, Advanced? That's where
my AIW 9800 Pro settings are. HTH
--
Louie
Gainesville, FL

Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen.

Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914), The Devil's Dictionary

Blackwell

I did look, but there is no way to set the AGP apeture from there..i
can only be done from the CMOS. And it doesnt tell you if your AGP i
running at 8x. All that does is just give info on the card that i
installed, nothing about changing settings, but thanks for the reply