SP2 and Shuttle, a problem?

Nehmo Sergheyev

I have
Shuttle AN35(N) Ultra m-board
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP-A, 2079 MHz (6.25 x 333) 2800+
511 MB RAM

I just got the mainboard a few weeks ago, and it works fine with pre-SP2
Win XP.

Naturally, when SP2 arrived, I tried to install. SP2 installed but then
killed XP. I can't boot and I'm getting error code
a stop code, 0x0000007B (4 parameters)
Even when I do a repair install, I get the above stop code.

So it could be a driver from shuttle.

Has anybody else had a similar problem? And do you think I'm on the
right track to get XP going again?

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Kristi

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:
> I have
> Shuttle AN35(N) Ultra m-board
> CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP-A, 2079 MHz (6.25 x 333) 2800+
> 511 MB RAM
>
> I just got the mainboard a few weeks ago, and it works fine with pre-SP2
> Win XP.
>
> Naturally, when SP2 arrived, I tried to install. SP2 installed but then
> killed XP. I can't boot and I'm getting error code
> a stop code, 0x0000007B (4 parameters)
> Even when I do a repair install, I get the above stop code.
>
> So it could be a driver from shuttle.
>
> Has anybody else had a similar problem? And do you think I'm on the
> right track to get XP going again?

Not sure what your prob is but thought I'd let you know I'm running an
AN35N ultra 400 with Nvidia NForce driver set 4.27 . No prob with SP2.

Kristi
--
Shuttle AN35N Ultra, XP2600Bart, 512mb, GeF4Ti4200, WinXP Pro SP2

Kristi

Kristi wrote:
> Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:
>> I have
>> Shuttle AN35(N) Ultra m-board
>> CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP-A, 2079 MHz (6.25 x 333) 2800+
>> 511 MB RAM
>>
>> I just got the mainboard a few weeks ago, and it works fine with pre-SP2
>> Win XP.
>>
>> Naturally, when SP2 arrived, I tried to install. SP2 installed but then
>> killed XP. I can't boot and I'm getting error code
>> a stop code, 0x0000007B (4 parameters)
>> Even when I do a repair install, I get the above stop code.
>>
>> So it could be a driver from shuttle.
>>
>> Has anybody else had a similar problem? And do you think I'm on the
>> right track to get XP going again?

> Not sure what your prob is but thought I'd let you know I'm running an
> AN35N ultra 400 with Nvidia NForce driver set 4.27 . No prob with SP2.
>
> Kristi

Also - I flashed my mobo with AN35S00L

Kristi
--
Shuttle AN35N Ultra, XP2600Bart, 512mb, GeF4Ti4200, WinXP Pro SP2
Defragger Raxco PerfectDisk6 rocks! fast! (I do not work for Raxco)

Nehmo Sergheyev

- Kristi -
> Also - I flashed my mobo with AN35S00L

- Nehmo -
Well I didn't flash my BIOS. (I've never yet done that.) I currently
have

Award BIOS Type Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Award BIOS Message (AN35S00L) NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 + MCP
System BIOS Date 12/05/03
Video BIOS Date 05/06/03

I think I have the same as you, so it shouldn't have been the problem.
It looks like an35s00q is the latest. Should we upgrade to that?

I'm now reading How to Flash:
http://www.shuttle.com/share/fae/hq/...question15.htm

The download is at
http://www.shuttle.com/hq/support/do...p?model=AN35/N Ultra &
AN35/N-400#

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Nehmo Sergheyev

So how do I know if I need any of the drivers or the patch on
http://snipurl.com/8o27

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:
> So how do I know if I need any of the drivers or the patch on
> http://snipurl.com/8o27
> http://www.shuttle.com/hq/support/do...p?model=AN35/N Ultra &
> AN35/N-400# ?

It's my understanding that the 4.27 NForce driver that you get from NVidia
is a unified driver and includes everything, including the great new
NVMixer (Note, the mixer will not install if you don't have DirectX 9
(a,b,or c) installed.)(just reinstall 4.27 after you install DX9)(the
NForce install will also notify you that USB2.0 will not work until you
have upgraded to at least XP SP1(it is of course included in SP2))
At least, that's all I use (also use it on my 98SE build that I use for
games)(I multiboot).(OSLOADER2000)
hth
Kristi
--

Nehmo Sergheyev wrote:
> - Kristi -
>> Also - I flashed my mobo with AN35S00L

> - Nehmo -
> Well I didn't flash my BIOS. (I've never yet done that.) I currently
> have
>
> Award BIOS Type Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
> Award BIOS Message (AN35S00L) NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400 + MCP
> System BIOS Date 12/05/03
> Video BIOS Date 05/06/03
>
> I think I have the same as you, so it shouldn't have been the problem.
> It looks like an35s00q is the latest. Should we upgrade to that?
>
> I'm now reading How to Flash:
> http://www.shuttle.com/share/fae/hq/...question15.htm
>
> The download is at
> http://www.shuttle.com/hq/support/do...p?model=AN35/N Ultra &
> AN35/N-400#

Great!!! Your board came with L! nice!!!! It looks like your CPU is one
step above mine - don't know if you will need Q (didn't even know it was
out till you tld me!!!)

Flashing is simple - I use a Win98SE boot partition, but a Win98SE boot
floppy is just about as good.
For L it was : execute an35s00L.exe
OR execute AWDFLASH.exe and point it to an35S00L.rom

It runs for about 15-30 secs as I recall.
It wil tell you when it is done.

CAVEAT: There is always a risk in flashing that you will blow your bios
and have to replace it. (local shop, or, more likely, from
Shuttle)(meanwhile your computer will not boot.)(and you will have to flash
the new bios once you get it because it will probably be back level)

I have flashed the AN35N twice with no prob. I previously used an ECS
K7S5APro which had tailor made bioses and so bought a "bios savior" because
I was flashing it so often. (that bios savior does not fit on this board so
I trust to luck!)

I tend to take the gutsy approach in flashing and OCing, but a good amount
of common sense is also helpful. You probably do not need to flash to Q if
your system runs fine on SP1. but that's just my guess...

Best of luck!!! It's a GREAT mobo!!!
Kristi
--

Kristi wrote:
> OR execute AWDFLASH.exe and point it to an35S00L.rom

ERROR - should read :
OR execute AWDFLASH.exe and point it to an35S00L.bin

sorry
Kristi

ranchhand

The problem is SP2. I have noticed lots of probs after/during
installation. The same thing happened with SP1 in the
beginning-crashes, BSODs, trashed operating systems, etc. unitl
MickeySoft goe their act together and used their customers as gunea
pigs. That's why I never rush to be the first kid on the block to
have the new SP - they will have lots of bugs for at least another 6
months.

Cari

There's no problem with SP2. There is a problem If you run a Prescott CPU
without an updated Bios.
http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=7447
www.coribright.com

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...