Spontaneous Freezes after SP2

g2010a

Hi, after installing SP2 I have noticed that my computer freezes when I leave
it on over a period of 2hours or more without touching it. I have an Acer
TravelMate C110 and have the power settings set up so that the computer never
enter sleep or hibernation mode. I have not installed anything new and I
never had this problem before. Is anyone else having a similar issue? (people
with regular Windows XP and Athlon chips were having random freeze problems
too), and does anyone know how I may solve this?

Thanks,

Chris H.

What do you need to do to bring the machine out of this "freeze"? Could it
be a heat issue, and have you contacted Acer support?
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

news:(E-Mail Removed)...