ST 2530 and ZFS

news@buffy.sighup.org.uk

Has anybody any experience with setting up ZFS on a StorageTek 2530 and is
willing to share their knowledge? The 2530 will be connected to a Sun Fire
X4600 M2 Server via a pair of SAS connections to dual 2530 controllers.

I'm looking for a general purpose configuration, not necessarily the optimal
for a given application.

Thanks,

--
Church: Local branch of The International House of Myths

jdh13

(E-Mail Removed) a écrit :
> Has anybody any experience with setting up ZFS on a StorageTek 2530 and is
> willing to share their knowledge? The 2530 will be connected to a Sun Fire
> X4600 M2 Server via a pair of SAS connections to dual 2530 controllers.
>
> I'm looking for a general purpose configuration, not necessarily the optimal
> for a given application.

we are using a 2530 with a single controler, attached to 2 differents
T2000, but now, only one T2000 is on.
I installed CAM on another solaris machine, i don't think that's a good
idea to installed it on the host T2000. And be careful if you have
zones, CAM isn't aware of it, and will be installed on every zone! not
very useful... with CAM, every is very simple, i have no particular
things to point out. The 2530 is used as a single zfs pool containing
many datasets (homedirs).

gerard