ST62K: Longhorn (sorry, I mean Vista)?

Dogmatix

Anyone know if the ST62K can run Windows Vista? A bit early to worry
about this, perhaps, but still - any Vista Beta testers out there with
an ST62K?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ST62K-...pict63663.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=319626

Tim_Mac

hi,
i have an st61g4 and i ran into vista installation problems because MS
didn't bundle SATA drivers. i suspect the only problem you'll run into
is SATA drivers at setup. there is lots of discussion on SATA drivers
in the winfx newsgroups, a few people have got it working with SATA,
but for all the hassle i think i'll just wait for the release version
which will hopefully have them bundled, no need to go messing with
floppies and slip-streaming drivers. we shouldn't have to do that in
this day and age.
good luck
tim