How to stop loading NvCplDaemon at startup?

fuel

Every time I check it off on msconfig, it reactivates itself on reboot. How
do I get rid of this damn thing?

IDAssociates Inc.

I dont think you can. I have edited it out of the registry and it magically
reappears at boot. Please post what you find out.

"fuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0prHb.434460$(E-Mail Removed) v.net...
> Every time I check it off on msconfig, it reactivates itself on reboot.

How
> do I get rid of this damn thing?

BK24

You need to do it through services.msc, not msconfig. Theres more stuff in
there that needs shut off at startup. Just go to the run box and type
services.msc
"IDAssociates Inc." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I dont think you can. I have edited it out of the registry and it

magically
> reappears at boot. Please post what you find out.
>

> "fuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:0prHb.434460$(E-Mail Removed) v.net...
> > Every time I check it off on msconfig, it reactivates itself on reboot.

> How
> > do I get rid of this damn thing?

IDAssociates Inc.

That doesn't work either.

"BK24" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You need to do it through services.msc, not msconfig. Theres more stuff in
> there that needs shut off at startup. Just go to the run box and type
> services.msc
> "IDAssociates Inc." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > I dont think you can. I have edited it out of the registry and it

> magically
> > reappears at boot. Please post what you find out.
> >

> > "fuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:0prHb.434460$(E-Mail Removed) v.net...
> > > Every time I check it off on msconfig, it reactivates itself on

reboot.
> > How
> > > do I get rid of this damn thing?

grahamilton

start>run>services.msc
disable NVIDIA Display Driver Service

start>run>regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run
delete NvMediaCenter key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
delete NvCplDaemon key
delete nwiz key

"fuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0prHb.434460$(E-Mail Removed) v.net...
> Every time I check it off on msconfig, it reactivates itself on reboot.

How
> do I get rid of this damn thing?

IDAssociates Inc.

I only have the NvCplDaemon key .....

"grahamilton" <.@.com> wrote in message news:3fee5ed6@212.67.96.135...
> start>run>services.msc
> disable NVIDIA Display Driver Service
>
> start>run>regedit
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run
> delete NvMediaCenter key
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
> delete NvCplDaemon key
> delete nwiz key
>

> "fuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:0prHb.434460$(E-Mail Removed) v.net...
> > Every time I check it off on msconfig, it reactivates itself on reboot.

> How
> > do I get rid of this damn thing?

Flow

Why do you want it gone?
You need it for your desktop,the comp will shutdown if this file is damaged
or deleted.
It is for controlpanel\display\advanced\nvidia tabs.That's why it always
runs at startup.
It does no harm and will not eat any extra sources.
In fact if you get error messages about it at startup you need to uninstall
proper and reinstall your videodrivers.

"fuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:0prHb.434460$(E-Mail Removed) v.net...
> Every time I check it off on msconfig, it reactivates itself on reboot.

How
> do I get rid of this damn thing?

MAD

Yeah, all that tweaking mess isn't going to help out much, if any.

Although, I turned it off in services and msconfig just for the hell of it

"Flow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Why do you want it gone?
> You need it for your desktop,the comp will shutdown if this file is

damaged
> or deleted.
> It is for controlpanel\display\advanced\nvidia tabs.That's why it always
> runs at startup.
> It does no harm and will not eat any extra sources.
> In fact if you get error messages about it at startup you need to

uninstall
> proper and reinstall your videodrivers.
>
> "fuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:0prHb.434460$(E-Mail Removed) v.net...
> > Every time I check it off on msconfig, it reactivates itself on reboot.

> How
> > do I get rid of this damn thing?

Make it Stop, Apple … Make it Stop! Frank O'Connor Apple 5 10-28-2011 03:56 AM
how to stop Windows Vista Tablet from loading snomazushi Tablet PC 2 09-19-2008 07:46 AM
How to stop XP from loading it's own drivers Rod Williams Nvidia 2 05-09-2005 04:27 PM
NvCplDaemon - how to stop ? Ed Nvidia 6 03-18-2005 01:05 PM
Nwiz, NvMediaCenter & Nvcpldaemon Are these nescessary ????? ceedee Nvidia 2 05-07-2004 12:12 AM