how to stop Windows Vista Tablet from loading

snomazushi

I use Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, SP1 Japanese version

On my desktop there is a half hidden Tablet PC icon (v6.06.001) to the left
edge of my screen. Can someone tell me how to stop this from loading?

sn from Japan

Rom

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:16:52 +0900, snomazushi wrote:

> I use Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, SP1 Japanese version
>
> On my desktop there is a half hidden Tablet PC icon (v6.06.001) to the left
> edge of my screen. Can someone tell me how to stop this from loading?

That sounds like the Tablet PC Input Panel, and either tapping or
pointing should open it, then from its Tools menu go to Options, and
uncheck "Show the Input Panel tab" under "Input Panel icons and tab".

--
Rom

Rom

On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 17:40:21 +1000, Rom wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:16:52 +0900, snomazushi wrote:
>
>> I use Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, SP1 Japanese version
>>
>> On my desktop there is a half hidden Tablet PC icon (v6.06.001) to the left
>> edge of my screen. Can someone tell me how to stop this from loading?

> That sounds like the Tablet PC Input Panel, and either tapping or
> pointing should open it, then from its Tools menu go to Options, and
> uncheck "Show the Input Panel tab" under "Input Panel icons and tab".

which is found on the "Opening" tab in Options.

--
Rom