STRANGE PC MAINBOARD PROBLEM.

Mikey

All of a sudden my PC has been really doing something strange.

It will hardly start up in the normal way.

I turn on the PC and All that happens is that the Fans/HDD power up, and
then I get one Flash of the lights on the K/B and then nothing. Just sits
there with the fans going.

I have removed all components and power cycled the beast, and have got it
down to possibly the mainboard.

I reflashed the Bios, but still the same problem.

Reset CMOS.

Now here is the STRANGE part. If I manage to get it to boot, It will boot
every time after that PROVIDED I don't leave it off for more than a couple
of hours.

Then the same problem.

Even stranger, While the power was on, but PC had failed to boot, I turned
off the power at the socket, turned it back on, and then tried.

Started up first time.

Any Ideas?

If not Is there a N.G that may help.

Thanks

Mikey

Jim Hollis

try a new cmos battery!

"Mikey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Wn2Hf.25128$(E-Mail Removed)...
> All of a sudden my PC has been really doing something strange.
>
> It will hardly start up in the normal way.
>
> I turn on the PC and All that happens is that the Fans/HDD power up, and
> then I get one Flash of the lights on the K/B and then nothing. Just sits
> there with the fans going.
>
> I have removed all components and power cycled the beast, and have got it
> down to possibly the mainboard.
>
> I reflashed the Bios, but still the same problem.
>
> Reset CMOS.
>
> Now here is the STRANGE part. If I manage to get it to boot, It will boot
> every time after that PROVIDED I don't leave it off for more than a couple
> of hours.
>
> Then the same problem.
>
> Even stranger, While the power was on, but PC had failed to boot, I turned
> off the power at the socket, turned it back on, and then tried.
>
> Started up first time.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> If not Is there a N.G that may help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Mikey

Logan

Jim Hollis wrote:
Try a new power supply-don't try the "wonderful" power supply checkers -
they won't tell you anything

Strange Mainboard Problem. Mikey MSI 6 02-11-2006 08:30 PM
G4 4400 - strange vid problem, strange error heynow Nvidia 4 07-03-2004 01:28 AM
Strange sound with nForce2 mainboard David Scherfgen Motherboards 0 12-12-2003 06:58 PM
alt.comp.periphs.mainboard,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.epox,aus.computers Ray Epox 0 11-01-2003 01:46 AM
Question About Strange 'C' Code Syntax ( Well strange to me anyway ) Harvey Twyman Embedded 78 10-30-2003 08:40 PM