Stray(Always on) Pixels

kfc469@gmail.com

I just bought a new 17 in. LCD monitor. I plugged it into my computer
and I noticed a bright blue pixel that would not go away. Then when I
used the monitor for a few more minutes, two more of these "always
on" pixels popped up. Is there any way to solve this like a program
or something?

Thanks

Don Taylor

(E-Mail Removed) writes:
>I just bought a new 17 in. LCD monitor. I plugged it into my computer
>and I noticed a bright blue pixel that would not go away. Then when I
>used the monitor for a few more minutes, two more of these "always
>on" pixels popped up. Is there any way to solve this like a program
>or something?

I don't think you are going to find a software fix for this.

I've got a glaring green pixel just off center. I've considered
looking for a fine tip marking pen that wouldn't dissolve into
the soft plastic face but that would be just opaque enough to
dim the little monster and make make him less annoying.

DaveW

No, they are a permanent manufacturing defect. Replacement of the monitor
is the only solution.

--
DaveW

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I just bought a new 17 in. LCD monitor. I plugged it into my computer
> and I noticed a bright blue pixel that would not go away. Then when I
> used the monitor for a few more minutes, two more of these "always
> on" pixels popped up. Is there any way to solve this like a program
> or something?
>
> Thanks

UltraSharp 1905FP Images - Random dead pixels? Rick Dell 5 02-17-2006 12:00 AM
FA: Viewsonic VG712b DVI GAMING TFT Monitor No Dead Pixels Bishop MSI 1 01-09-2006 06:43 PM
dead pixels and Acer Advantage ?? crocky Acer 2 07-12-2004 02:06 AM
Dell Pixels and M60 Clanger Dell 3 01-28-2004 10:08 AM
whole line of dead pixels ? the yeah yeah yeah's Dell 7 12-03-2003 12:28 AM