Stuck at Press Del F12

Steve y

I am trying to install more RAM to an Acer Aspire T180 but have got
into the situation where the display shows the Acer log and the famous
message Hit Del to enter the Bios or F12 to configure the Startup.

I have tried resetting the Bios by swapping the link over with the
battery and mains disconnected but to no avail. Disconnecting the hard
disk and front USB connectors changes nothing.

Has anyone come up with a magic solution to this problem which seems
very common to these machines

A7V880 - New HD and now get: A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart crab.dae@gmail.com Asus 0 03-16-2007 08:23 PM
P4P800 Deluxe MB stuck at screen cannot get into DEL Ritter197 Asus 8 06-07-2005 07:14 AM
No F11+F12 richard hauser Asus 1 02-08-2005 08:20 AM
Thinkpad i series: won't boot (Stuck at 'Press F1 for IBM BIOS Setup Utility') John IBM Thinkpad 0 09-27-2004 04:10 PM
how do i get rid of the "F8: Boot Menu F12: Network Boot" on my K7S5A Pro ? Reid Fleming ECS 1 09-12-2003 10:56 PM