Suggestions for a Laptop

Rocker

Hi! I want to buy a laptop, but am confused on which brand to buy and
the processor to opt for. I've narrowed down to: HP zv5600 with
Celeron 2.8 GHz and Dell Inspiron 5100 with P4 2.66 GHz. I'll be using
the laptop mainly for browsing, using Matlab and MS Office and playing
some games. (I don't use many resource hungry applications.)

I would greatly appreciate any help in choosing the best laptop.
Thanks in advance.

~Rocker.

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Roland_M=F6sl?=

> Hi! I want to buy a laptop, but am confused on which brand to buy and
> the processor to opt for. I've narrowed down to: HP zv5600 with
> Celeron 2.8 GHz and Dell Inspiron 5100 with P4 2.66 GHz.

This is the wrong newsgroup

Here ist the discussion only about laptops.

But You want a Pseudo "laptop" with a desktop CPU

> I would greatly appreciate any help in choosing the best laptop.
> Thanks in advance.

Yes, You should really choose a real laptop instead
of this hot and noisy pseudo "laptops"

--
Roland Mösl
http://www.pege.org Clear targets for a confused civilization

Michael Geary

Roland Mösl wrote:
> This is the wrong newsgroup
>
> Here ist the discussion only about laptops.
>
> But You want a Pseudo "laptop" with a desktop CPU

> > I would greatly appreciate any help in choosing the best laptop.
> > Thanks in advance.

> Yes, You should really choose a real laptop instead
> of this hot and noisy pseudo "laptops"

Rocker, I apologize for Roland's rude reply. Your question is certainly
welcome here.

Roland's point is worth considering, though: A notebook with a desktop CPU
is going to run hotter and noisier (because of the fan) than one with a
mobile CPU. It would be worth your while to look at some machines with
mobile CPUs as well. Don't panic if the CPU speed is lower: Chances are that
all these machines are faster than you need anyway.

-Mike

porcelina

"Roland Mösl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3ffa8250$0$16002$(E-Mail Removed) y.telekom.at...
> > Hi! I want to buy a laptop, but am confused on which brand to buy and
> > the processor to opt for. I've narrowed down to: HP zv5600 with
> > Celeron 2.8 GHz and Dell Inspiron 5100 with P4 2.66 GHz.

> This is the wrong newsgroup
>
> Here ist the discussion only about laptops.
>
> But You want a Pseudo "laptop" with a desktop CPU
>
> > I would greatly appreciate any help in choosing the best laptop.
> > Thanks in advance.

> Yes, You should really choose a real laptop instead
> of this hot and noisy pseudo "laptops"

> Roland Mösl

sheesh who pays you roland? your posts are always amusing to read