Sun T2000 rear fan tray replacement

Andreas Buschmann

Up to last year, I could buy replacements for the Sun T2000 Rear Fan Tray
#541-0645 for a very reasonable price (a bit above 100 Euro).

Since this spring that part isn't available any more.
I have now seen third party replacement parts, but they want just short
of $1000.

Is there any known source for just the fans (without the tray)?
They started dying after just two years, and for 100 Euro a tray
inhouse reparing didn't make sense. For $1000 a tray inhouse reparing
would be economic.

Regards
Andreas

Cydrome Leader

Andreas Buschmann <(E-Mail Removed)-h.de> wrote:

> Up to last year, I could buy replacements for the Sun T2000 Rear Fan Tray
> #541-0645 for a very reasonable price (a bit above 100 Euro).
>
> Since this spring that part isn't available any more.
> I have now seen third party replacement parts, but they want just short
> of $1000.
>
> Is there any known source for just the fans (without the tray)?
> They started dying after just two years, and for 100 Euro a tray
> inhouse reparing didn't make sense. For $1000 a tray inhouse reparing
> would be economic.
>
> Regards
> Andreas

the fan itself is a NMB/Matsushita BG0801-B045-00S

I have no idea where you'd get an exact replacement, but you might try to
cross referce to a current equivalent. The bearings on these seem crappy.

This fan does seems to have a sense lead.