Sunon Waturbo

Spock

Hello Everyone
I have read about the Sunon Waturbo on Toms Hardware page and do you think I
can find out where to buy it ?
I liked to look of the Cooler and even emailed the company and they really
were not helpfull at all they said I had to contact their agents in
Australia who told me it would at least 8 weeks if they had a minimum of 10
orders. Is this Sunon REALLY interested in selling their products or
what??????? I have not even seen any on eBay

Why does Toms Hardware bother talking about a product that no one seams to
have, this is not the first time they have done this. A while ago they
reviewed a AM2 3800 35W CPU that was september and I have not seen any of
these for sale.

Have you seen anyone selling a Sunon Waturbo please hollar I would really
like to know.

Thank you

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0652-5, 01/12/2006
Tested on: 2/12/2006 2:26:27 AM

Paul

Spock wrote:
> Hello Everyone
> I have read about the Sunon Waturbo on Toms Hardware page and do you think I
> can find out where to buy it ?
> I liked to look of the Cooler and even emailed the company and they really
> were not helpfull at all they said I had to contact their agents in
> Australia who told me it would at least 8 weeks if they had a minimum of 10
> orders. Is this Sunon REALLY interested in selling their products or
> what??????? I have not even seen any on eBay
>
> Why does Toms Hardware bother talking about a product that no one seams to
> have, this is not the first time they have done this. A while ago they
> reviewed a AM2 3800 35W CPU that was september and I have not seen any of
> these for sale.
>

> Have you seen anyone selling a Sunon Waturbo please hollar I would really
> like to know.
>

> Thank you

What is theta_R for the cooler ? A compact design, with not many fins on it,
cannot cool very well. No matter how many pints of bourbon are stored in
its tank.

A good cooler, requires two things. It needs a good base design - the base
has to spread the heat and couple it into the cooling fins. Then, a large
enough fin area has to be used, to promote good heat transfer into the air,
with a minimum of effort from the fan. In other words, a fin assembly larger
than the CPU socket area, can allow a large cooling fan to run slowly,
and still give adequate cooling.

That Sunon looks very ordinary, and probably has a theta_R of around 0.35C/W
or higher. The retail cooler that comes with your processor, will also be
in the 0.35C/W operating range. A good aftermarket cooler has a theta_R
of less than 0.20C/W.

(Not very big)
http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/news/...rbo_cooler.jpg

(CNPS9500 with theta_R of 0.16C/W or less.)
http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/...x=165&code=005

Paul