SunSparc Array Problem

Krzysztof Kardas

Hello.

I've baught SunSparc Array 200 with optic FibreChannel module.
There was an orginal sun lightcable.

I've also baught Qlogic QLA2200 FC Host Adapter.

The problem is that Qlogic doesn't see an array. When the system bootup I
press Alt-Q, scan devices and nothing. For qlogic I've got a default
configuration. Can somebody help me?? PLS!!!

Thomas Tornblom

Krzysztof Kardas <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I've baught SunSparc Array 200 with optic FibreChannel module.
> There was an orginal sun lightcable.
>
> I've also baught Qlogic QLA2200 FC Host Adapter.
>
> The problem is that Qlogic doesn't see an array. When the system
> bootup I press Alt-Q, scan devices and nothing. For qlogic I've got a
> default
>
> configuration. Can somebody help me?? PLS!!!

The controller is incompatible with the SSA.

The only working controller is the 501-2069 SBUS controller.

Your controller is FC-AL (100 Mbyte/s) while the SSA is FC25 (25 Mbyte/s).

Thomas

Chris Newport

Thomas Tornblom wrote:
> Krzysztof Kardas <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>

>>Hello.
>>
>>I've baught SunSparc Array 200 with optic FibreChannel module.
>>There was an orginal sun lightcable.
>>
>>I've also baught Qlogic QLA2200 FC Host Adapter.
>>
>>The problem is that Qlogic doesn't see an array. When the system
>>bootup I press Alt-Q, scan devices and nothing. For qlogic I've got a
>>default
>>
>>configuration. Can somebody help me?? PLS!!!

> The controller is incompatible with the SSA.
>
> The only working controller is the 501-2069 SBUS controller.
>
> Your controller is FC-AL (100 Mbyte/s) while the SSA is FC25 (25 Mbyte/s).

Not supported in Solaris 10, so you will be stuck with Solaris 8 or 9.

Krzysztof Kardas

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Chris Newport wrote:

> Thomas Tornblom wrote:
>> Krzysztof Kardas <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>

>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I've baught SunSparc Array 200 with optic FibreChannel module.
>>> There was an orginal sun lightcable.
>>>
>>> I've also baught Qlogic QLA2200 FC Host Adapter.
>>>
>>> The problem is that Qlogic doesn't see an array. When the system
>>> bootup I press Alt-Q, scan devices and nothing. For qlogic I've got a
>>> default
>>>
>>> configuration. Can somebody help me?? PLS!!!

>> The controller is incompatible with the SSA.
>>
>> The only working controller is the 501-2069 SBUS controller.
>>
>> Your controller is FC-AL (100 Mbyte/s) while the SSA is FC25 (25 Mbyte/s).

> Not supported in Solaris 10, so you will be stuck with Solaris 8 or 9.

Hmm So I have a big problem. :/ Maybe somebody know other FC-25 controller
to start this SSA??

Barbie LeVile

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 09:15:08 +0200
Krzysztof Kardas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hmm So I have a big problem. :/ Maybe somebody know other FC-25
> controller to start this SSA??

There are none, just the old sbus controler, and the build in controler
on some enterprise box systemboards, thats it.

--
Barbie - Prayers are like junkmail for Jesus

I have seen things you lusers would not believe.
I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.
All these things will be lost in time, like the root partition last
week. Time to die.

Andre

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Krzysztof Kardas wrote:

>Hmm So I have a big problem. :/ Maybe somebody know other FC-25 controller
>to start this SSA??

Yep. Some Enterprise I/O boards have a SOC onboard. My 3000 does, for
example.

--
Andre.

Email: andre at africa dot purplecow dot org.

Darren Dunham

Andre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Krzysztof Kardas wrote:

>>Hmm So I have a big problem. :/ Maybe somebody know other FC-25 controller
>>to start this SSA??

> Yep. Some Enterprise I/O boards have a SOC onboard. My 3000 does, for
> example.

A Sun E3000? That's not the same thing at all. It's fiber, but not
compatible.

--
Darren Dunham (E-Mail Removed)

Barbie LeVile

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:24:26 GMT
Darren Dunham <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Andre <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Krzysztof
> > Kardas wrote:

> >>Hmm So I have a big problem. :/ Maybe somebody know other FC-25

> >controller >to start this SSA??

> > Yep. Some Enterprise I/O boards have a SOC onboard. My 3000 does,
> > for example.

> A Sun E3000? That's not the same thing at all. It's fiber, but not
> compatible.

Since he is talking about soc i/o board, it is the same thing.
My E4000 has such board also, works fine together with the stone age
FC25 arrays.

--
Barbie - Prayers are like junkmail for Jesus

I have seen things you lusers would not believe.
I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.
All these things will be lost in time, like the root partition last
week. Time to die.

John S.

Yep, the Enterprise I/O board came in 2 flavor: SOC and FC-AL.

Darren Dunham

Barbie LeVile <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> > Yep. Some Enterprise I/O boards have a SOC onboard. My 3000 does,
>> > for example.

>> A Sun E3000? That's not the same thing at all. It's fiber, but not
>> compatible.

> Since he is talking about soc i/o board, it is the same thing.
> My E4000 has such board also, works fine together with the stone age
> FC25 arrays.

Whoops. I see. I misunderstood that board.

--
Darren Dunham (E-Mail Removed)