Support for AMD 880G chipset etc?

Claus A▀mann

Does the latest SunOS 5.10 release (upgrade 9) support motherboards
based on the AMD 880G chipset? I'm interested in the Asus M4A88TD-M
with:
AMD 880G + SB710 Chipset
ATI Radeon HD 4250
Realtek 8111D (E?) Gigabit Ethernet Controller
and I'm wondering whether all of that is supported (including the
6Gb/s SATA interface) together with an AMD X6 CPU.

Alessandro Selli

Claus A▀mann ha scritto:
> Does the latest SunOS 5.10 release (upgrade 9) support motherboards
> based on the AMD 880G chipset? I'm interested in the Asus M4A88TD-M
> with:
> AMD 880G + SB710 Chipset
> ATI Radeon HD 4250
> Realtek 8111D (E?) Gigabit Ethernet Controller
> and I'm wondering whether all of that is supported (including the
> 6Gb/s SATA interface) together with an AMD X6 CPU.

Did you already check the Solaris Hardware Compatibility List?

http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/data/sol/

Regards,

--
Alessandro Selli, http://alessandro.route-add.net
AVVERTENZA: i messaggi inviati a "trappola" non mi arriveranno.

Claus A▀mann

Alessandro Selli wrote:

> Did you already check the Solaris Hardware Compatibility List?

Yes, I did not find the 880G mentioned there ("newest" was 785G, but
motherboards with that chipset don't support 6Gb/s SATA), I also
searched the web (and usenet postings) and found mailing list entries
where one person wrote OpenSolaris failed to boot on a machine with a
890GX chipset, while someone from Sun said it would work "internally"
(but didn't mention which OS version, maybe SunOS 5.11 (pre-release?)
as most engineers seem to run that). Hence I'm posting here to see
whether someone can provide some information. Thanks!

Junior Member