Supra laptop - need advice on internal disc drive and info on laptop

tahir.hafiz@gmail.com

Hello,

I have purchased a very old laptop and am based in the UK.

It is a Supra - (pentium II, 160MB, 6gig hard drive), but I can't find
anything about the company that made it on the net or about the laptop
or manuals or anything. I have searched this group and the same
question about Supra has come up before but without any response.

Is Supra now Sager ????

Also, the laptop has a TEAC CD-224E and I want to replace this with at
least a DVD-CD-RW or perhaps go the whole hog and get a DVD-RW.
Basically, I want to be able to watch dvds on the Supra.

But what internal drives will fit the laptop??

I don't know anything about internal dvd/cd drives so I don't want to
make a mistake and get one which will not fit the laptop! How can I
tell if they will fit or not??

Thanks,
Tahir

Kevin

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> Hello,
>
> I have purchased a very old laptop and am based in the UK.
>
> It is a Supra - (pentium II, 160MB, 6gig hard drive), but I can't find
> anything about the company that made it on the net or about the laptop
> or manuals or anything. I have searched this group and the same
> question about Supra has come up before but without any response.
>
> Is Supra now Sager ????
>
> Also, the laptop has a TEAC CD-224E and I want to replace this with at
> least a DVD-CD-RW or perhaps go the whole hog and get a DVD-RW.
> Basically, I want to be able to watch dvds on the Supra.
>
> But what internal drives will fit the laptop??
>
> I don't know anything about internal dvd/cd drives so I don't want to
> make a mistake and get one which will not fit the laptop! How can I
> tell if they will fit or not??
>
> Thanks,
> Tahir

It is a Sager product. A Google search (supra laptop) reveals that much.
But it is also a dinosaur. You can purchase a brand new laptop for about
$500. I would not waste any more cash on it.