Is a swapfile needed?

David Azose

If I have 2gb of RAM, do I really need a swap file?

David A.

Mike Walsh

Windows expects to have a paging file and will crash without one.

--
Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

DaveW

Well, to ask the question another way, why wouldn't you want to set up a
small 2 GB swapfile as a safety measure? It doesn't cost you anything with
today's large harddrive capacities.

--
DaveW

news:(E-Mail Removed). ..