Switch repair on 500MX

swalker

The switch on my 500MX, which is long out of warranty, is not working
properly and I expect will fail.

Has anyone replaced one of these switches?

Ben Myers

I have not done this with a 500MX, but you should be able to remove the plastic
front panel, carefully remove the switch and replace it with a good one
scavenged from another old computer case. If there is a single integrated
connector to the motherboard from the front panel, you would also need to
replace the LEDs in the front panel, then attach each set of wires
individually... Ben Myers

On Mon, 14 May 2007 22:28:32 -0500, swalker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The switch on my 500MX, which is long out of warranty, is not working
>properly and I expect will fail.
>
>Has anyone replaced one of these switches?

swalker

On Tue, 15 May 2007 00:10:19 -0400, Ben Myers
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have not done this with a 500MX, but you should be able to remove the plastic
>front panel, carefully remove the switch and replace it with a good one
>scavenged from another old computer case. If there is a single integrated
>connector to the motherboard from the front panel, you would also need to
>replace the LEDs in the front panel, then attach each set of wires
>individually... Ben Myers
>
>On Mon, 14 May 2007 22:28:32 -0500, swalker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>The switch on my 500MX, which is long out of warranty, is not working
>>properly and I expect will fail.
>>
>>Has anyone replaced one of these switches?

Thanks, think I will take the problem to a local fix-it place.