SY-KT600 Dragon Plus v.1.0 hard drives constantly pwr on/off

psteeley@gmail.com

I had 2 hard drives and 2 cd drives on ide cables. No problems for
months, then suddenly the hard drives started powering on/off
constanly. You could hear them spinning up/clicking on/off. Ran
diagnostics on hard drives, they are fine.
System finally wouldn't boot.
Now I can't get it to boot into anything. I can get it up to the Bios
to set the boot order/etc. and it will save the changes, but when I try
to reinstall windows the thing hangs while trying to load any setup
files.
I also have it mentioning something about raid after the logo but
before going into the POST(Verify dmi, hit any button to boot cd,
etc.)Was able to flash the Bios and I still got that fast little popup
that I have never seen before.
I think the power supply is bad but I don't have another to test with,
or the CMOS chip is in need of a trip to Soyo(which won't happen, that
would be more than I paid for the board).
Any ideas would be appreciated I have never had this type of problem
before and I am so far out in the country I gotta go 55+ miles to get a
new pwr supply unless I order it online. And I would like some idea if
I was on the right track first or not!
Thanks!

A7N8X Deluxe, "click" (on/off?) noise from RAID drives, PC freezes/unfreezes constantly. YouKnow Asus 7 05-13-2006 10:02 PM
SY-K7V DRAGON Plus! + Hard Drive Cletus Stripling Soyo 5 01-07-2005 05:45 PM
Difference between Dragon Plus kt600 to Dragon Plus kt600 v1.0 Brian Soyo 0 01-26-2004 05:39 AM
PCI-Pwr up erich hauser Asus 3 12-17-2003 04:26 AM
K7V Dragon Plus and Hard Drive Size Tom Rogers Soyo 3 07-18-2003 11:51 AM