sy-kt600 Dragon Plus v2.0 no beep no response

samoh

I just bought sy-kt600 D+ v2.0 mb from a local computer shop. I set up CPU,
memory, and GC, but mb didn't work.-no beep, no response. I have k7v D+ mb
I bought two years ago and recently doesn't work properly. I used the parts
from the old D+ mb, and the parts work w/ k7v. The system configuration is:

CPU: Athlon XP 1800
memory: PC2100? 256M x 2
GC: Gainward ti4200 128M
Power: Antec 350W ATX

Why the mb does work with this configuration?

samoh

"samoh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just bought sy-kt600 D+ v2.0 mb from a local computer shop. I set up

CPU,
> memory, and GC, but mb didn't work.-no beep, no response. I have k7v D+

mb
> I bought two years ago and recently doesn't work properly. I used the

parts
> from the old D+ mb, and the parts work w/ k7v. The system configuration

is:

> CPU: Athlon XP 1800
> memory: PC2100? 256M x 2
> GC: Gainward ti4200 128M
> Power: Antec 350W ATX
>
> Why the mb does work with this configuration?

Additional information:

I refreshed bios, but it didn't help to fix the problem. Besides, I have a
few questions:

Q1: Does the MB support Athlon XP 1800?
Q2: Does the MB support the PC2100 memory modules?
Q3: Does the MB support Gainward ti4200 128M GC? I am not sure if the
voltage of Gainward ti4200 6500XP's AGP interface is 1.5V or something else.
Does anyone know what the voltage is?
Q4: Do you need 400W power supply for the MB?

Thank you in advance.

f/fgeorge

On Sun, 1 May 2005 22:14:23 -0400, "samoh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"samoh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I just bought sy-kt600 D+ v2.0 mb from a local computer shop. I set up

>CPU,
>> memory, and GC, but mb didn't work.-no beep, no response. I have k7v D+

>mb
>> I bought two years ago and recently doesn't work properly. I used the

>parts
>> from the old D+ mb, and the parts work w/ k7v. The system configuration

>is:
>>
>> CPU: Athlon XP 1800
>> memory: PC2100? 256M x 2
>> GC: Gainward ti4200 128M
>> Power: Antec 350W ATX
>>
>> Why the mb does work with this configuration?
>>

>Additional information:
>
>I refreshed bios, but it didn't help to fix the problem. Besides, I have a
>few questions:
>
>Q1: Does the MB support Athlon XP 1800?
>Q2: Does the MB support the PC2100 memory modules?

yes, I used to use these until I bought some PC3200 ones. I set it at
100mhz when using the PC2100 and it ran at 1000mhz.

>Q3: Does the MB support Gainward ti4200 128M GC? I am not sure if the
>voltage of Gainward ti4200 6500XP's AGP interface is 1.5V or something else.

Unplug it and plug in a generic card and see.

>Does anyone know what the voltage is?
>Q4: Do you need 400W power supply for the MB?

no

>Thank you in advance.

samoh

"f/fgeorge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 1 May 2005 22:14:23 -0400, "samoh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"samoh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I just bought sy-kt600 D+ v2.0 mb from a local computer shop. I set up

> >CPU,
> >> memory, and GC, but mb didn't work.-no beep, no response. I have k7v

D+
> >mb
> >> I bought two years ago and recently doesn't work properly. I used the

> >parts
> >> from the old D+ mb, and the parts work w/ k7v. The system

configuration
> >is:
> >>
> >> CPU: Athlon XP 1800
> >> memory: PC2100? 256M x 2
> >> GC: Gainward ti4200 128M
> >> Power: Antec 350W ATX
> >>
> >> Why the mb does work with this configuration?
> >>

> >Additional information:
> >
> >I refreshed bios, but it didn't help to fix the problem. Besides, I have

> >few questions:
> >
> >Q1: Does the MB support Athlon XP 1800?
> >Q2: Does the MB support the PC2100 memory modules?

> yes, I used to use these until I bought some PC3200 ones. I set it at
> 100mhz when using the PC2100 and it ran at 1000mhz.
>
> >Q3: Does the MB support Gainward ti4200 128M GC? I am not sure if the
> >voltage of Gainward ti4200 6500XP's AGP interface is 1.5V or something

else.
> Unplug it and plug in a generic card and see.
>
> >Does anyone know what the voltage is?
> >Q4: Do you need 400W power supply for the MB?

> no
> >
> >Thank you in advance.

Thanks for your reply, f/fgorge! Here is my comments again:
Memory:
I thought the memory modules were PC 2100, but probablly they are PC 2600.
I have used the memory at 133MHZ FBS w/ my old k7v D+ MB, and it worked
well.

GC:
I could not exactly understand "generic card". What exactly is it?

Thanks agian!

f/fgeorge

On Tue, 3 May 2005 05:40:51 -0400, "samoh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"f/fgeorge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sun, 1 May 2005 22:14:23 -0400, "samoh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>> >"samoh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >CPU,

>D+
>> >mb
>> >parts

>configuration
>> >is:

>> >Additional information:
>> >
>> >I refreshed bios, but it didn't help to fix the problem. Besides, I have

>> >few questions:
>> >
>> >Q1: Does the MB support Athlon XP 1800?
>> >Q2: Does the MB support the PC2100 memory modules?

>> yes, I used to use these until I bought some PC3200 ones. I set it at
>> 100mhz when using the PC2100 and it ran at 1000mhz.
>>
>> >Q3: Does the MB support Gainward ti4200 128M GC? I am not sure if the
>> >voltage of Gainward ti4200 6500XP's AGP interface is 1.5V or something

>else.
>> Unplug it and plug in a generic card and see.
>>
>> >Does anyone know what the voltage is?
>> >Q4: Do you need 400W power supply for the MB?

>> no
>> >
>> >Thank you in advance.

>Thanks for your reply, f/fgorge! Here is my comments again:
>Memory:
>I thought the memory modules were PC 2100, but probablly they are PC 2600.
>I have used the memory at 133MHZ FBS w/ my old k7v D+ MB, and it worked
>well.
>
>GC:
>I could not exactly understand "generic card". What exactly is it?

Generic Card is a plain jane, ordinary, non fancy video card. You are
using a "GC: Gainward ti4200 128M" as a video card, swap it out for a
more plain one and see if that is the problem.
slow the memory down to 100mhz and see if that fixes the problem, you
can almost always underclock.

samoh

"f/fgeorge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 3 May 2005 05:40:51 -0400, "samoh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> >"f/fgeorge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

up

k7v
> >D+

the

> >configuration

have

> >> yes, I used to use these until I bought some PC3200 ones. I set it at
> >> 100mhz when using the PC2100 and it ran at 1000mhz.

> >else.
> >> Unplug it and plug in a generic card and see.

> >> no

> >Thanks for your reply, f/fgorge! Here is my comments again:
> >Memory:
> >I thought the memory modules were PC 2100, but probablly they are PC

2600.
> >I have used the memory at 133MHZ FBS w/ my old k7v D+ MB, and it worked
> >well.
> >
> >GC:
> >I could not exactly understand "generic card". What exactly is it?
> >

> Generic Card is a plain jane, ordinary, non fancy video card. You are
> using a "GC: Gainward ti4200 128M" as a video card, swap it out for a
> more plain one and see if that is the problem.
> slow the memory down to 100mhz and see if that fixes the problem, you
> can almost always underclock.

Thank you very much for your suggestions.
I tried generic video card, but it didn't work. I also tried 100MHz FBS,
but it didn't work too. I switched back to my old D+ mb, and it worked with
the CPU, the memory, and theGC... I wish the old D+ mb work properly--it
can launch Win2kpro--but crushs just before Win2k starts up kernel, and I
don't know why it happens... If you have any knowldge of why that kind of
problem (blue screen w/ hardware error) happens, please let me know. kt600
mb doesn't return even beep sound when no memory module is set on it... It
doesn't mean the mb is defective?

Regards,

f/fgeorge

On Thu, 5 May 2005 20:30:54 -0400, "samoh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"f/fgeorge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Tue, 3 May 2005 05:40:51 -0400, "samoh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>> >"f/fgeorge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>up

>k7v
>> >D+

>the
>> >configuration

>have

>> >else.

>> >Thanks for your reply, f/fgorge! Here is my comments again:
>> >Memory:
>> >I thought the memory modules were PC 2100, but probablly they are PC

>2600.
>> >I have used the memory at 133MHZ FBS w/ my old k7v D+ MB, and it worked
>> >well.
>> >
>> >GC:
>> >I could not exactly understand "generic card". What exactly is it?
>> >

>> Generic Card is a plain jane, ordinary, non fancy video card. You are
>> using a "GC: Gainward ti4200 128M" as a video card, swap it out for a
>> more plain one and see if that is the problem.
>> slow the memory down to 100mhz and see if that fixes the problem, you
>> can almost always underclock.
>>

>Thank you very much for your suggestions.
>I tried generic video card, but it didn't work. I also tried 100MHz FBS,
>but it didn't work too. I switched back to my old D+ mb, and it worked with
>the CPU, the memory, and theGC... I wish the old D+ mb work properly--it
>can launch Win2kpro--but crushs just before Win2k starts up kernel, and I
>don't know why it happens... If you have any knowldge of why that kind of
>problem (blue screen w/ hardware error) happens, please let me know. kt600
>mb doesn't return even beep sound when no memory module is set on it... It
>doesn't mean the mb is defective?
>
>Regards,

Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.

wrote:

set
> >up

> >k7v

> >the

> >have

at

the

something

> >2600.

worked

> >> Generic Card is a plain jane, ordinary, non fancy video card. You are
> >> using a "GC: Gainward ti4200 128M" as a video card, swap it out for a
> >> more plain one and see if that is the problem.
> >> slow the memory down to 100mhz and see if that fixes the problem, you
> >> can almost always underclock.
> >>

> >Thank you very much for your suggestions.
> >I tried generic video card, but it didn't work. I also tried 100MHz FBS,
> >but it didn't work too. I switched back to my old D+ mb, and it worked

with
> >the CPU, the memory, and theGC... I wish the old D+ mb work

properly--it
> >can launch Win2kpro--but crushs just before Win2k starts up kernel, and I
> >don't know why it happens... If you have any knowldge of why that kind of
> >problem (blue screen w/ hardware error) happens, please let me know.

kt600
> >mb doesn't return even beep sound when no memory module is set on it...

It
> >doesn't mean the mb is defective?
> >
> >Regards,

> Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.

I have already set cpu and fan a few time on the mb, but it didn't work.
When I got my old D+ mb, Soyo tech service replaced the mb 5 times (all
defective except the last one--but only worked less than two years). Maybe,
I got another defective mb from Soyo again? Well, anyway, Thank you for
helping me. If you have any other idea to help me to solve this problem,
please let me know.

Regards,

wrote:

set
> >up

> >k7v

> >the

> >have

at

the

something

> >2600.

worked

> >> Generic Card is a plain jane, ordinary, non fancy video card. You are
> >> using a "GC: Gainward ti4200 128M" as a video card, swap it out for a
> >> more plain one and see if that is the problem.
> >> slow the memory down to 100mhz and see if that fixes the problem, you
> >> can almost always underclock.
> >>

> >Thank you very much for your suggestions.
> >I tried generic video card, but it didn't work. I also tried 100MHz FBS,
> >but it didn't work too. I switched back to my old D+ mb, and it worked

with
> >the CPU, the memory, and theGC... I wish the old D+ mb work

properly--it
> >can launch Win2kpro--but crushs just before Win2k starts up kernel, and I
> >don't know why it happens... If you have any knowldge of why that kind of
> >problem (blue screen w/ hardware error) happens, please let me know.

kt600
> >mb doesn't return even beep sound when no memory module is set on it...

It
> >doesn't mean the mb is defective?
> >
> >Regards,

> Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.

P.S.
I reported this defect to Soyo technical support by email a week ago, but
they have never repled except an automated notification email for recieving
my service request... Do they keep their promise? They say they will reply
in 48 hours...

wrote:

> set
> > >up

have
> > >k7v

used
> > >the

Besides,
> > >have

> at

> the

> something

> > >2600.

> worked

> > >Thank you very much for your suggestions.
> > >I tried generic video card, but it didn't work. I also tried 100MHz

FBS,
> > >but it didn't work too. I switched back to my old D+ mb, and it worked

> with
> > >the CPU, the memory, and theGC... I wish the old D+ mb work

> properly--it
> > >can launch Win2kpro--but crushs just before Win2k starts up kernel, and

> > >don't know why it happens... If you have any knowldge of why that kind

of
> > >problem (blue screen w/ hardware error) happens, please let me know.

> kt600
> > >mb doesn't return even beep sound when no memory module is set on it...

> It
> > >doesn't mean the mb is defective?
> > >
> > >Regards,

> > Reseat the cpu and fan. VERY easy to get it crooked in this board.
> >

> P.S.
> I reported this defect to Soyo technical support by email a week ago, but
> they have never repled except an automated notification email for

recieving
> my service request... Do they keep their promise? They say they will

reply
> in 48 hours...

I went to the local computer shop to return this mb today. I picked an
A-bit mb, and it is working very smoothly... I was very disappointed with
my first D+ mb, whcih were replaced five times (at least) and just worked
less than two years... I was very disappointed with the new D+ mb and SOYO
tech support this time again. Before I leave
I should not forget to say thanks for FGeorge for his help to the SOYO mb
problem. Bye Bye SOYO...

Increasing RAM on Dimension 8400, will Installing Hi Speed RAM get quicker response from Dragon Naturally Speaking? Daniel G. Dell 4 04-06-2008 06:04 AM
Difference between Dragon Plus kt600 to Dragon Plus kt600 v1.0 Brian Soyo 0 01-26-2004 05:39 AM
A7V133-VM + PCI video = BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP? Lost Asus 2 11-13-2003 05:33 AM
BEEP BEEP Apoc Asus 5 10-27-2003 09:22 PM
BE7 - beep , beep beep zero Abit 9 10-07-2003 04:36 PM