SY-P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2 v1.0

paul

Can anyone say for SURE if this mb supports a Celeron "D" 320 2.4 ghz
533fsb 256kL2 cache cpu? I just bought the board and am trying to
set-up a "cheap" system. I have emailed SOYO with no response. Their
website says it will support Celeron upto 2.8 ghz but nothing about
"D". I'm looking at the BX80546RE2400C - Prescott core cpu. Thanks
alot for any help.

WayneM

Paul,

Although I haven't gotten around to installing my board yet, it is my
understanding that the board is Prescott ready and the Celeron Ds are
Prescott processors.

Soyo has posted a BIOS upgrade to address the i865/Prescott/SP2 issue but,
again since I haven't installed my board, I can't say if the upgrade fixes
the issue. MS also has a Hotfix for the issue, but it must be installed
before installing SP2. I'm unclear if the Hotfix works if you already have
SP1 installed.

Wayne

"paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Can anyone say for SURE if this mb supports a Celeron "D" 320 2.4 ghz
> 533fsb 256kL2 cache cpu? I just bought the board and am trying to
> set-up a "cheap" system. I have emailed SOYO with no response. Their
> website says it will support Celeron upto 2.8 ghz but nothing about
> "D". I'm looking at the BX80546RE2400C - Prescott core cpu. Thanks
> alot for any help.

paul

never mind now. thanks though Wayne. if you goto soyousa.com, it is
like an updated version of the soyo site. if you go to soyo.com, it's
like an older site. both show the same stuff but the usa site has a
ton more information. wish i had known this last week as i would have
ordered my cpu then. thanks for your help though and good luck on your
build.
Paul