SY-P4VGM needs a game port

dave AKA vwdoc1

Hello,
I built this computer for my 8 year old but it does not have a game port and
one of the games (Tonka Power Tools) requires a game port. Hey it will be
almost free if/when I get the rebates back.

Should I install:
1. a sound card with a game port,
2. just a game port,
3. or a USB game port.
4. or ????

TIA
later,
dave
SY-P4VGM, Celeron 2.8, 256 PC-2100, WD40G, SOYO case and PS

Jim B.

"dave AKA vwdoc1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<2Qj3d.4878$(E-Mail Removed) m>...

Just go out and buy a sound card with the game port on it. Then you
will also have better sound then the onboard chip as well. You should
still be able to find a cheap Sound Blaster PCI 128 or something like
that for around $20. Just remember that if you do go with the sound
card you will have to disable the onboard sound in the motherboard
BIOS.

> Hello,
> I built this computer for my 8 year old but it does not have a game port and
> one of the games (Tonka Power Tools) requires a game port. Hey it will be
> almost free if/when I get the rebates back.
>
> Should I install:
> 1. a sound card with a game port,
> 2. just a game port,
> 3. or a USB game port.
> 4. or ????
>
> TIA
> later,
> dave
> SY-P4VGM, Celeron 2.8, 256 PC-2100, WD40G, SOYO case and PS

dave AKA vwdoc1

Big thanks Jim B!
later,
dave