SY-P4VTE: my CPU clock is cut in half!! Why?

Daniel Miller

I recently purchased a Soyo P4VTE motherboard.
CPU = P4 3E GHz 800 MHz FSB
Memory = Kingston KVR400/512R PC3200 CL3

But when I boot the machine, the BIOS shows "1.5 GHz P4".

I looked in the BIOS settings for some way to adjust this,
but under "CPU PnP Setup", I see
CPU Ratio = Locked
rather than a ratio that I could set.

What is going on?? PLEASE tell me I'm just overlooking
something simple (oh, and TELL me what I'm overlooking,
too!!), I don't see any relevant jumper settings, nor
much of anything else that I can control...

---
"No! I said BUD Light!" - captain of the Hindenburg

Daniel Miller

Errrr... ummm...

Once again I've discovered, there's nothing quite as effective at
improving my reading ability, as posting a superfluous question to
hundreds of people across the world...

Nevermind...

Daniel Miller <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns95C2D93EA30BEderelllichtsbcglobal@216.196. 97.136:

--
---
"No! I said BUD Light!" - captain of the Hindenburg

j.burghdoff@sbcglobal.net

Check you clock frequency to make sure its set to 200Mhz. If its
showing a 1.5Ghz P-4 there is a good chance the frequency is set to
100Mhz and that would give you the improper reading. All P-4's come
with a locked Ratio or as it's sometimes called multiplyer. But all
boards have adjustable clock frequency and the P-4's are a quad channel
cpu,

100Mhz clock = 400Mhz cpu speed
133Mhz clock = 533Mhz cpu speed
200Mhz clock = 800Mhz cpu speed
266Mhz clock = 1066Mhz cpu speed / new P-4 Extreme Edition

The frequency setting is found on the Soyo Combo Page of your BIOS
program.

Xycose

I was doing a yahoo shearch to re-look the specs on this bored, makin
sure the 1GB stick of ram i was looking at would work on my bored whe
i saw this, I have the anwser to your questio

There IS in fact jumper setting for this. It changes your FSB and CP
clock speed. Look in your manual to see what to set it on. IT
actully two jumpers next to each other and you use it in combo t
change

You can also OC easily that way too, When i had my Celeron D 2.8Ghz,
jumped it up to 3.6Ghz that way

Zilla

I just wanted to thank xcose and everyone who posted in this thread
I fixed the half speed problem by moving the jumper just as you sai
and it worked perfect! i went form 1.5 to 3.0 and my fsb is now th
correct 800 as well - now if I could get the heyperthreading to wor
she would be 100% - so thanks again, this was fantastic!
Zill

Sent via Archivaty.com

Zilla

Thanks to you guys who posted, I tried the jumper fix and it worked
Now if I could get the hyperthreading to work it would all b
perfect
Zill

Sent via Archivaty.com

Andre LaFramboise

not sure what your setup is but mine has a setting in the bios to turn on
the hyperthreading I think under cpu setup or in advance setup .
news:(E-Mail Removed)...