Tablet Pc digitizer

Arturo

I have a simple question, all of tablets pcs has
digitizer problems (quality control), or it is only
toshiba's tablets?.
I am very concern whit my Toshiba, I know than Toshiba is
a very good company (quality products), but I don't know
what happened whit 3500 and 3505.

Anybody knows what can I do?

Dennis Rice \(Tablet PC MVP\)

What problems specifically are you seeing?

Dennis Rice (Tablet MVP)

"Arturo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:105501c38c44$ef2e9ca0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a simple question, all of tablets pcs has
> digitizer problems (quality control), or it is only
> toshiba's tablets?.
> I am very concern whit my Toshiba, I know than Toshiba is
> a very good company (quality products), but I don't know
> what happened whit 3500 and 3505.
>
> Anybody knows what can I do?

ARTURO

The same as this one. Thank you.

"I have a dead "margin", about 1cm... in landscape, there
is a 1cm margin on the left of the screen, which the
digitizer doesn't respond in... It is as if the screen
finished 1cm before the border of the screen....

It is strange because sometimes, when I press the
digitizer as if I were drawing, then it goes all the way,
but sometimes it doesnt... it is really annoying me! This
just started a while back... I was in portrait mode and
then couldnt access the taskbar! I closed some software
and it started working... then it went dead again...
Rebooted but it didnt come back... noew it is dead on
that "margin"...

I hope this isnt yet more problems!"

Kenneth Tsang

I have a Acer C111Ti, it has similar problems but a bit
better than yours. the cursor is shifted from the pen tip
about 0.3cm at the very corner area. But I think it is
the weakness of EMR sensor, the accuracy at the very
border areas.

Avner Ben

My Fujitsu Stylistic 4000 does not have any dead Margins. It does present a
slight cursor shift at the edges, but it.is not acute and I am accustomed to
it. . There is one annoying pen behaviour, though: The software attempts to
correct pen position automatically, when that gets near the window
close/minimize/etc. buttons. When the buttons are near the screen margin, it
over-corrects, so some series fighting is required to force the pen to where
it should go. Sometimes, when waking from hibernation, this software goes
berserk and pushes buttons hear the margin at random, sometimes resulting in
loss of toolbars. I got used to this anomaly and have learnt to avoid it,
but I wish I knew what this software is, so that I could remove it (or get
a better driver)!

Avner.

"Kenneth Tsang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:13e101c38c6e$80ec5910$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Acer C111Ti, it has similar problems but a bit
> better than yours. the cursor is shifted from the pen tip
> about 0.3cm at the very corner area. But I think it is
> the weakness of EMR sensor, the accuracy at the very
> border areas.

Avner Ben

"Avner Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> My Fujitsu Stylistic 4000 does not have any dead Margins. It does present

> slight cursor shift at the edges, but it.is not acute and I am accustomed

> it. . There is one annoying pen behaviour, though: The software attempts

> correct pen position automatically, when that gets near the window
> close/minimize/etc. buttons. When the buttons are near the screen margin,

it
> over-corrects, so some series fighting is required to force the pen to

where
> it should go. Sometimes, when waking from hibernation, this software goes
> berserk and pushes buttons hear the margin at random, sometimes resulting

in
> loss of toolbars. I got used to this anomaly and have learnt to avoid it,
> but I wish I knew what this software is, so that I could remove it (or

get
> a better driver)!

This is an answer to myself :-)

Uninstalling and then re-installing something called "Fujitsu button driver
application component" has apparently solved the problem.

Avner.

Dan Polivy [MS]

I would contact Toshiba support. This sounds like it might be an issue with
the digitizer connection.

--
Dan

---

"ARTURO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:094101c38c51$248213d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The same as this one. Thank you.
>

> "I have a dead "margin", about 1cm... in landscape, there
> is a 1cm margin on the left of the screen, which the
> digitizer doesn't respond in... It is as if the screen
> finished 1cm before the border of the screen....
>
> It is strange because sometimes, when I press the
> digitizer as if I were drawing, then it goes all the way,
> but sometimes it doesnt... it is really annoying me! This
> just started a while back... I was in portrait mode and
> then couldnt access the taskbar! I closed some software
> and it started working... then it went dead again...
> Rebooted but it didnt come back... noew it is dead on
> that "margin"...
>
> I hope this isnt yet more problems!"

Avner Ben

"Dan Polivy [MS]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uiJ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I would contact Toshiba support. This sounds like it might be an issue

with
> the digitizer connection.

I will do that. Thanks!

Avner.

Dan Polivy [MS]

Sorry to confuse you, my reply was directed at Arturo; the digitizer
connection issue affects only Toshiba Protege tablets. I'm not sure what
might cause the behavior you're seeing with the Fujitsu, though it might be
worth it to contact them anyways.

--
Dan

---